28 Autism Memes for Every Occasion

I’m always on the lookout for good autism memes.

They’re perfect to share on social media. Funny memes, in particular, can give you a much needed laugh on the really hard days. They can help you see another perspective when you need it most. They can help you find a lighter side to the challenges.

Touching or emotional memes can be shared with others who understand what you’re going through. They can shed a light on your experiences with friends and family. They can remind you of what’s most important and why you are doing what you’re doing.

Educational memes are the ideal way to help others understand what you’re going through as an autism parent. They can help change perceptions, address judgment and provide context to those who need it most. They can even help you better understand your life and your family too.

Meanwhile, memes that are inspirational can lift your spirits and inspire those around you. They can help you get through the hard days, steel your resolve and help set you on a more positive path. I have to admit I’m a sucker for a good inspirational meme!

In my quest to find autism memes for every occasion, I’ve trawled the internet to identify some of the best memes out there. Here are my top picks for each category – funny, touching, educational and inspirational.

Just a quick note – I’ve tried to find the correct attribution for each one but some have been impossible to identify. Please let me know if you can correct any of them!

28 Autism Memes for Every Occasion

28 Autism Memes for Every Occasion - www.myhometruths.com

Funny Autism Memes

Autism storm trooper detour meme

Autism Rule #10 You can "just" get a babysitter

Autism youtube meme

Touching Autism Memes

Educational Autism Memes

Inspirational Autism Memes

Change the answer to yes - www.myhometruths.com

image source

Do you have an all-time favourite autism meme you love?

1. Jo Tracey says:

Oh my, these are fabulous. I’ll be sharing with a few autism parents I know. I laughed out loud at the youtube one – the look on that kids face is just priceless.

2. I so love that Geraldine Renton one… it’s beautiful. As a teacher, I know how important the iPad, and yes…. Minecraft can be!!

The Geraldine Renton one really did speak to me as that’s how I’ve come to see my experiences as a special needs parent – a whole different world to the one I expected but also more special and beautiful than i could have ever imagined.

3. As long as we are laughing and smiling together that is OK! I loved the one about the child’s size of clothing. Each of is on the spectrum somewhere for sure!
    Thank you for linking up for #lifethisweek 23/52. Next week: Public Holidays.
    Denyse Whelan Blogs recently posted..View From Here. #LifeThisWeek 23/52. 2017.77.

4. Hugzilla says:

I know quite a few friends who would love this!
    Hugzilla recently posted..Avoiding Other School Mums Because Your Kid Did Something Dumb

5. Oh these are great Kirsty. Such a mixture of fun, sad and inspirational. What beautlful words. #teamIBOT
    Natalie @ Be Kind 2 You recently posted..15 ways to improve your mental health

6. Tracy says:

Thanks for sharing these. None of my own kids are on the spectrum, but I always have at least one in my class. The one that resonated with me, is about things not making sense to me, but it makes sense to them. I can’t tell you have often I have wondered what’s going on, and upon it being explained by the child, it made perfect sense. I always knew there was some sense to whatever the situation was, I just didn’t know what the sense was. My school babies with ASD have always been very logical in their own delightful way.

You are an amazing teacher to take the time to wonder, ask and understand the needs of your spectrum students. As a parent, that same quote helped me come to terms with my kids’ needs and accept that there is a reason for everything. I truly believe that behaviour is communication.

7. Aaaw they all awesome. I wish all people could understand what special needs kids and parents go through, would make life easier for everyone.
    Alicia O’Brien recently posted..Taking stock – the June edition

8. Chris says:

Minecraft all the Way! Definitely. It keeps my son engaged for hours on end

Same here, for both of mine. I don’t get it at all, but I love seeing what they create and how they approach planning, building and managing time and resources in the game. It’s great!

9. Bella says:

That Youtube one!! I’m not an autism parent but I’m a special ed teacher and on the spectrum myself. So much wisdom in these memes.

10. chickenruby says:

these are fab and I’m a great believer in focusing on what a child can do and not what they can’t. #spectrumsunday