When I’m sad I… #imustconfess

I must confess that it has freaked me out how fitting most of the prompts have been over the last few months. Especially since I set them way back in April!

It’s as if I instinctively knew I needed to set these prompts on the weeks I did. Which is pretty impressive as I’m not all instinctual – I’m more logical by nature.

This prompt is particularly fitting and poignant this week with my decision to end this link up next Monday. Because I am truly sad to say goodbye to #imustconfess.

It’s been a part of my life for nearly 5 years now and I know it has also been a part of the lives of many others as well.

It was not an easy decision to make (I must confess I put off the decision for ages) and I’ve had all sorts of doubts and second thoughts since I announced it.

However, I know it is the right decision to make and I know in my heart that all will be well (for all of us!)

Even if I do feel sad about giving up a vital part of myself – not to mention my weekly excuse to have a whinge 😉

So it’s fitting that I share today all the things I do when I’m sad.

When I'm sad I... www.myhometruths.com

When I’m sad I…

…often think back and second guess all the actions that resulted in my sadness.

…tend to dwell on the pivotal moments and wallow in the pain as I descend into a pool of self-pity.

…indulge in ice cream, wine and crying – all very necessary when you are giving in to your feelings.

…watch TV and movies guaranteed to further my feeling of sadness (if you are going to go there, you might as well go all the way).

…sometimes vent to others but most of the time I tend to hide away and avoid company when I’m sad – I prefer to let it out without an audience.

…need hugs from my loved ones for comfort and protection (even if they are oblivious to my mood).

…take a while to emerge from my funk.

Sadness is a natural emotion and sometimes there is no real reason for it –  you just wake up and feel down and that’s the way you stay.

On other occasions, the cause is more obvious. Which can be frustrating as you can’t do anything to make it better.

You just need to ride it out.

Thankfully, I am rarely sad and can usually get over my sadness in a few days (depending on the cause).

What about you? What do you do when you are sad?

Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!

And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!

Join the community!

To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!

I Must Confess...2016 Prompts - myhometruths.com

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt

P.S : can you take my very quick, very easy and very anonymous survey? I’d really appreciate your thoughts – just click on the image below and let me know how I can help you!

Survey Image

Next weeks’ last ever #imustconfess prompt is – share your biggest ever confession!

1. When I’m sad I go away to a quiet place and cry. And keep crying until it’s done. Then I get my strength back and go out and take the bull by the horns and keep on pushing through whatever it is that upset me.

I like your method of acceptance and determination Leanne – a very practical and kind way of dealing with the sadness that is inevitable in life x

2. Lydia C. Lee says:

I think we’ll all be sad to say goodbye to #IMustConfess. Thanks for hosting all these years and coming up with all the fabbo prompts! Good luck on the new angle and see you round the internet….:)

Thanks Lydia. As one of the first IMC regulars, I’ve always loved having you here and have enjoyed your thought provoking posts and thoughtful comments. You will definitely see me about – I don’t think I’ll be ble to resist confessing for long…

3. Raych says:

Completely sad to say goodbye to I Must Confess, so much so that I was tempted to purchase you the domain name and gift you a new blog purely based on that prompt and possibly anonymous guest posts but I’m guessing it would also distract you from what you really want to do. No link up from me this week, I’ve been having a bit of time out (not that I think anyone has really noticed). Promise to link up next week.

God love you! I once had that idea too but, yes, having to deal with more than one blog was (and is!) a bit much for me. I’d love to have you next week for the last one – I would love to have all the regulars, old regulars and anyone else join in for one last hurrah!

4. Michelle says:

I’m sad to see I Must Confess go 🙁
    I’m only recently new here, but I have felt very welcome, and I would like to take a minute to thank you for that.
    Now, as a blogger myself, I see the huge amount of work that goes into it all (and I do nowhere near what you do!!), so I really appreciate everything you have given here.
    When I am sad, I try to distract myself; put some music on, read a book, do some colouring in, go for a walk, call my mum… At least one of those usually helps.

Thanks so much for your lovely words Michelle. It means a lot to me to know you have been welcomed as part of the linkup. Everyone who links up here is truly lovely and it’s been an honour to host you all for so long. Luckily there are other linkups to join in with on a Monday – no doubt I’ll still see you around the traps!

5. I hear you on going with the feelings and dealing with them in your own way, then working on things and coming out of the funk again. Sadness is part of the rhythm of life, attached to the many different stages but I’d like to think this sadness with the almost completion of IMC is a sweet sadness. You have made a great spot for connecting within the blogging community and made so many of us feel welcomed and valued. Thank you again. Now, you are taking yourself into a bigger and perhaps sometimes less friendly world with greater confidence all round that THIS is now part of the life’s work you want to do! I am saddened but gladdened at the same time for what you are doing Kirsty. As a blogging friend Kim often says “ONWARD”.

The sadness is more about what I’ve created, to be honest. It is a great linkup and everyone who joins in is lovely and links up in the spirit of community. I will miss that and the weekly visits from my blogging buddies. But I do need to move on and while I feel sad, I’m hoping this is the start of bigger and better things in the next stage of my blogging journey.

6. jess says:

I do most of those things too…and just riding it out is great advice. The tide will eventually change.

It is sad to say goodbye to I Must Confess, but I understand your reasons. Five years is a long time in the blogging world! So well done and thank you, it’s been fun!

I do a lot of those things when I’m sad, too. xo

8. Janet says:

Like you, I withdraw when I am sad. Luckily it doesn’t happen too often. I’m a bit sad about the end of IMC but totally understand where you are coming from. Thank you for hosting, it’s been a blast!

I’ve loved having you Janet and I’ve been honoured that this is one of the linkups you choose to join each week. I know we’ll keep in touch and I look forward to seeing you aroud the blogosphere!

9. Laurie Jane says:

Awww, wow 5 years really!?!? Hasn’t that gone quickly. I am sorry you are ending your I Must Confess linky. I hope you still have your weekly whinge though and I may still confess to you every once in a while anyway! 😉

Please do! You can always join the fb group if you are looking for a safe place to confess – just look up I Must Confess. Would love to have you there!