Biggest Fashion Flops #imustconfess
This week for #imustconfess, I’ve decided to take you for a wander through my wardrobe, to reveal the worst of my fashion sins.
It will come as no surprise to any of you that I’m not a fashion blogger – I’m as fashionable as I am culinary, crafty or arty (here’s a hint – I’m not any of those things!)
Over the years I’ve had my fair share of fashion flops. But, in my defence, it doesn’t help that I was born in the 70’s, raised in the 80’s and grew to maturity in the 90’s.
It’s not as if I had the chance to see good taste during most of those eras, is it?
Me, circa 1992, ready for my debutante ball
I have to admit things have gone even further downhill in the last two years since I’ve started working from home. Any desire or motivation I once posessed to look presentable for outside employment has evaporated in the face of comfort and convenience.
Makeup is only now applied on those rare occasions I venture out at night and, only when I can be bothered to go through the hassle of applying it and then taking it off again.
Again, my mantra is comfort and convenience.
My Biggest Fashion Flops
As for my attire, well, I’ve taken questionable mumsy fashion to whole new heights over the last few years. Here are just a selection of my biggest fashion flops since I’ve started working from home:
- I have been known to wear leggings as pants on more than one occasion because they are just damn comfortable, even if they are not designed to be worn as pants.
Are the leggings or the fluoro shoes worse here?
- I have amassed quite the selection of cardigans and knitwear because they are warm and hide a multitude of sins.
- I tend to only wear a couple of pairs of flat shoes or my sports shoes most days, while all my work heels are gathering dust in the far corners of my wardrobe.
- I’ve been known to wear gym wear without the intention of doing any exercise, let alone stepping inside an actual gym. Gym wear is comfortable and, most importantly, it gives the illusion you care about your fitness, even if it’s not the most flattering look for someone who has gained weight over the last year due to ACL surgery & recovery.
I even tried to fool myself that I’d exercise again…
- I often work in my slipper crocs from ALDI. They are purple crocs with a fleecy innersole. They look as bad as they sound but they keep me toasty warm…
Sexy, aren’t they?
- I do not own a proper pair of jeans – I instead own jeggings (see photo earlier). They at least don’t pop open at unfortunate moments, even though the jury is still out on whether they should be pants or not.
- I do not own a belt or a statement piece of jewellery. No need for a belt when I no longer wear anything but leggings. I do have lots of scarves however, which are also really good at disguising the fact I’m wearing leggings as pants.
I also must confess that more than half the items in my wardrobe no longer fit me. So I guess it’s time for a cull and time to update my daggy look.
Although that seems like an awful lot of work for someone like me who really, honestly, could not give a flying **** whether I’m on trend or not. I just want comfort and convenience.
What are your greatest fashion flops? Game to share? (with pictures of course!)
Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!
And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!
To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt