A litany of domestic disasters #imustconfess
Where do I start with this prompt?
Many of you who have followed me for a while would be aware of my talent for creating domestic disasters.
If only I could make money or some sort of career from my amazing skills…
At least I’ve been able to get some awesome blog fodder out of my domestic ineptitude over the years!
Here’s a list of my top 5 domestic disasters. Yes it’s sad I was able to put together a top 5 – even worse there were more I could have added!
- The time I forgot that I was filling the bath and it overflowed, making a mess of my carpet and floors upstairs. It’s safe to say I will never make that mistake again…
- That moment I panicked and nearly set the house we were renting on fire. Turns out I’m not that good at cooking or in dealing with an emergency situation. This meme really does reflect my true talents in the kitchen!
- The great pie in the microwave explosion of 2013 (which cost me my microwave). I misread the instructions and thought they said 15 minutes, not 1.5 minutes. 7 minutes in, the microwave sparked up, acrid smoke poured out and the pie (and the microwave) were officially nuked.
- And the more recent quinoa in the microwave disaster (which cost me another microwave). This time I actually read the instructions correctly on the packet but for some reason the quinoa burned solid. In the process, it also split apart a solid crockery mixing bowl and destroyed yet another microwave.
- My top 5 wouldn’t be complete without a nod to my non-existent sewing skills. I am forever challenged by the badge sewing required for Matilda’s Cub Scout shirt but at least I haven’t made a mull of it in the same way I have with school uniforms. A few years back I managed to stain a tunic with hemming tape (true story) while more recently I decided to just give up and use staples instead for a quick sewing fix.
I challenge you to come up with a better list of domestic disasters. If you do, I think we need to get together and compare notes!
Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!
And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!
To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.