I must confess…AHA!

AHA! myhometruths.com

I must confess this prompt has really stumped me as I rarely have any aha moments. Well, to clarify, I can’t remember when I ever yelled out (or even thought) aha! when presented with a solution to  problem.

But then, does that ever happen in real life? Isn’t that just a figment of the movies or TV?

via GIPHY

Having said that, I’m always open to learning new things and I enjoy those moments when I do finally understand a new concept. Even if it rarely leads to an aha moment, as such.

Possibly the closest I’ve come to an aha moment recently was in researching the Disability Standards for Education and realising that I had identified a potential point of discrimination. I can’t go into specifics as I’m still trying to resolve this through the proper channels, but I’m confident that I have grounds to seek change.

Change that will hopefully help other students in the future.

I must confess, when I first realised what I had uncovered, I could very well have shouted aha! I could not believe what I had found – that such obvious discrimination still existed in 2016. I was all fired up and ready to fight immediately for the rights of all students to have fair access to all parts of the education system.

However, I knew I had to slow down and bide my time. I knew I needed to build a case and work out how to progress this the right way. Fingers crossed I can see this through so another potential barrier to student equality can be broken down. I promise to let you know more as soon as I can.

While we wait for that day, here’s another aha moment for you…

via GIPHY

Unfortunately there is no video from me this week. Given my lack of aha inspiration this week, there really was no need for me to record a video just to share that.

But, don’t despair. I’m not leaving you completely aha-less…sorry, I just couldn’t resist… #sorrynotsorry

Have you had a recent aha moment? Care to share?

Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!

And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!

Join the community!

To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!

I Must Confess...2016 Prompts 1 - www.myhometruths.com

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt

Next weeks’ #imustconfess prompt is “which fictional character would you like as a friend?”

1. Lydia C. Lee says:

I think aha moments are a lot less frequent than we realise – but when they do happen, they’re seismic!

2. Raych says:

I’ve had more than a few lately but more coming from clients in pick your brain sessions with me.

For me, they’ve been more OMG moments than aha.

Love that aha song by the way.

3. Cate says:

I have the occasional lightbulb moment – like last week when I was trying to figure out how to keep track of projects I wanted to do, and realised it was like writing out a science experiment, with hypothesis, equipment, method… I’m sure it will make it onto the blog soon, and make otal sense to others, too.

4. Hey Kirsty – Yes, I think the Aha! moments are becoming less frequent as I get older. Maybe I’m less curious than I used to be?? Love the clip from the band Aha. I remember when they came to Australia and attracted a massive audience … then disappeared into rock star oblivion! 🙂

I think I need to learn to appreciate those smaller aha moments – I guess I’m not so easily surprised any more!!!

5. Used to love that Aha film clip 😉 … so high tech at the time! We don’t call them aha moments in our household, we say we “had a revelation” … which is usually something that is slower to dawn on you than an “aha” if you know what I mean!

I know exactly what you mean Janet – I think that’s what happens to me most of the time these days, hence my issues with this prompt!

6. jess says:

I have this distinct memory of saying “Woah, mind blown” last week, but cannot for the life of me remember what it was. Haha clearly mind not blown that much!

7. Julie says:

I love love love Aha when growing up and was so in love the video and Morton. AHAAAA. But back to Aha moments it’s so good when you finally get them especially after you have been trying to nut something out for months.

I always appreciate when I get them but there are not as frequent as they used to be. Is that because of age, experience or being jaded perhaps?

8. I found it hard to think of an ‘aha moment’. When my ‘moment’ happened it wasn’t like one of those lightbulb moments but when I thought about the things that had changed my outlook on things during the week, I knew it was it. I’m like you, I don’t have many. P.S. I love that film clip.
    Eva @ The Multitasking Woman recently posted..Sisters and ‘Aha’ Moments

Isn’t it one of the best filmclips of all time? And to think it was made all those years ago too. Of course the song is pretty damn awesome as well! #80stragic

I’ve been a bit too preoccupied lately to blog, so I’ve put it on hold until I get through radiation treatment. It was definitely an a-ha moment for me when I realised I was on the spectrum. Good luck with your fight against discrimination. Sounds intriguing.

I’m hoping to be able to share more on it soon. I’ve had some more discussion about it today and it looks like I may have to take it wider. Fingers crossed I can get the result that I’m hoping for!

10. I did it!! I’m here. Confession and all …

11. I have been having light bulb moments left right and center lately. Unfortunately I ran out of time to right a post for this weeks prompt. Have scheduled time to write a post for next weeks though. #MummyMondays

Excellent, would love to have you Kell. And I’m excited that I actually remembered to linkup this week – hope your first week hosting #MummyMondays has been awesome!

12. I had a light bulb moment this past month, I love that feeling, and I love the idea as a blog topic. What a fun way to start the week. Kudos to you for spotting discrimination, it’s easy to have blinders on to that sort of thing. I hope everything works out well for you.

13. Ashleigh says:

Being a social worker as well as a writer I want to hear more about your AH HA! Good luck investigating.

14. Ztia says:

I am intrigued to know more about what you have found in the DSE and what your interpretation is and the response you get! I am pleased to hear that you are taking your time and following through the right channels as many parents who are unhappy with something within the education system turn into keyboard warriors and take to social media to air their grievances. Good on you Kirsty!

As for my latest aha moment… I’m not quite sure… maybe when I finally realised I needed to take a break from work…. am still waiting for the aha moment of what to do instead!

1. March 14, 2016

[…] What was your most recent AHA moment? Share in the comments or link up over at My Home Truths! […]