I must confess…the mess that is my handbag

First of all, I want to apologise to all the male folk who may have felt inadvertently put out by this week’s prompt, “what’s in your handbag right now?”

For the purposes of this prompt, consider “handbag” to include dufflebags, man bags, briefcases or satchels.

Are we cool with that?

Awesome.

Now onto my confession. I must confess that my handbag is a bit of a mess.

I must confess...my handbag is a mess - www.myhometruths.com

My handbag is always home to unexpected items. There was the time I found Delilah’s impromptu pebble collection in there. Plus the time where I found a couple of dummies stashed away, a full two years after we’d “sent them off to Santa.”

And there have been too many occasions where all manner of sticky confectionery items have been stuck to the bottom of my bag, necessitating a full clean out. Or, when the situation is particularly dire, a hasty funeral!

My current handbag is one I picked up for the princely sum of $10, over 12 months ago now. And it’s still going strong. It fits everything that I need and it’s comfortable and meets my limited fashion needs too.

My handbag bargain - www.myhometruths.com

Never turn your nose up at a true bargain my friends!

I did give it a bit of a clean out over Christmas but I haven’t really cleaned it out since so it was still an interesting exercise to look through it and check out it’s contents.

Check out my video below to see what is in my handbag right now and to hear me sing a dodgy “what’s in the bag” jingle plus bring out the jazz hands…

I have to state I tried to select a more flattering thumbnail than this one but YouTube wouldn’t play fair!

So what’s in your bag right now? I’d love to know (in my normal sticky-beak, non-stalkerish, in-the-interests-of-confessing sort of way!)

Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!

And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!

Join the community!

To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!

I Must Confess...2016 Prompts 1 - www.myhometruths.com

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt

Next weeks’ #imustconfess prompt is “are you an introvert or extrovert?”

1. I have nothing interesting in my handbag, so will pass on this week, but see you next week….

I bet your bag is more interesting than you think Lydia! Thanks for dropping by anyway – will see you next week for another round of confessing!

2. I always have at least 5 pens (not sure how many I think I will lose) and a UDB, tissues and business cards.

Tissues. I need tissues. Maybe I should trade a few of my pens for a travel pack of tissues? Although I was scarred by an exam experience where I went in with three pens and each of them stopped working in turn. I’ve always had a thing about having extra pens since then!

3. My handbag gets a regular cleanup these days but I always have more tissues than I recall putting in there, and pens without anything to write on. A good reminder to us all to sort ourselves a bit from time to time. Denyse

Hahaha. Tissues is the one thing i don’t have in my bag although I’m always needing them. Thank goodness I’m prepared though with 8 pens – you never know when there will be a shortage!

4. Sorry Kirsty but my link was added twice thanks to the message I had that my pic wasn’t suitable the first time…If you can, please delete one, at least they both open which was an issue for a link on FYBF last week. Thanks! Denyse

5. Julie says:

LOL I love this post. Last week I went to the doctors and was digging around in my handbag and there was a strange looking brown thing. When I got home on closer inspection it was the end of old sausage. Thanks kids. I must confess hang bags do my head in. I am so going to write a post on hang bags for my Mumpreneurs.

This is the best comment EVER! I’ve never found anything as interesting as an old sausage in my bag before which is probably a very good thing! Let me know when your handbag post is live – would love to read it Julie!

6. What a bargain that bag was. Love it! My bags are still missing in action following the move. The one bag I had out, didn’t exactly hold it together during the move and is now in having a strap fixed. I’m hoping to unpack my bags and shoes today. They haven’t exactly been a priority.

I love my bag – it really was a bargain and it’s still going strong. I hope your shoes and bags come out in one piece – enjoy reacquainting yourself with them again!

• The swelling in my feet and legs means I can’t stand more than five minutes in most of my shoes. Probably the main reason I haven’t unpacked them earlier. Not sure what to do but I found myself getting excited about a Hush Puppies sale last week. #feelingold

Wow! You must have REALLY strong arms to carry that bag full of all that stuff! I love your new glasses (and the jazz hands)! xo

Jazz hands are always a great “go-to” when you have just made a fool of yourself online – might as well go the whole hog after that!!!

8. cate says:

I empty my bag regularly, but often just put the same crap back in it! It’s been a while since I’ve found anything as interesting as an old sausage, though.

The old sausage comment is gold. The worst I’ve had in my bag is sticky lollies – but man they can be hard to remove when they’ve been there for a while!

9. The other week I went in search of a band aid (I knew I had then stashed in there somewhere) and along the way found cotton tips, cotton wool and colouring pencils – which was great except I had just asked the restaurant owner if he had any colouring as I had forgotten to bring our kit. Hmm it appears long long time ago I thought I should pack some for times like these.
    Sally@Toddlers on Tour recently posted..What Not to Pack when You Travel

10. jess says:

My husband calls my handbag ‘The black hole’ and hates when I ask him to get something out of it. I know where everything is, but to him it is a crazy mess of papers, keys, 10x lipsticks, folders and more.

11. Tegan says:

I only recently cleaned my bags out so I didn’t have too many surprises. I have found a smooshed up muesli bar at the bottom of my bag once though!
    Tegan recently posted..The Bag Lady

12. Tory says:

Great post and prompt as usual. I think we all must have shoulder muscles of steel with everything we carry around!

13. Robyn says:

Hahaha. Well my handbag has usually got a layer of beach sand at the bottom and random bits of crap that the kids insist I keep for them. I stopped putting lipstick or make-up in there as my girls just have a field day with it and it’s not pretty!!

I’ve had to ban makeup too – my cream carpets will never be the same in my youngest daughter’s room after an earlier escapade with makeup…!

I decided this year to downsize my handbag so I am not tempted to fill it with too much junk! So far it’s worked but there are times when I’ve switched back to my older, bigger one!

1. February 15, 2016

[…] exhausted just writing all that and can’t believe I carry that much around.  Link up with My Home Truths and share your […]