I must confess…I have never…
…been able to relax.
It’s sadly all too true.
I just don’t do relaxation all that well. I seem to always have to do something with every minute of my waking hours.
It’s like I’m hardwired to NOT relax.
When I sit down at night to “relax” in front of the TV, I always have my laptop or phone in front of me. On those rare nights I decide to “unplug” I find myself dozing off instead. It seems I’m incapable of just sitting and being still.
I’ve been like this since I was young. I don’t recall ever just sitting and doing nothing. If I wasn’t riding around the streets on my bike or hanging out with friends, I was reading, watching TV, writing stories or spending hours wandering around the front of my house, thinking.
I was forever thinking about something. Coming up with new characters and weaving their individual stories; imagining what my future life would be like; daydreaming about meeting the boy of my dreams; and re-living the best parts of the novels that I loved to read and re-read.
I just don’t ever remember just lying about and doing nothing. Which might be the key to why I’ve never really relaxed.
It’s so bad I have never been able to:
- fully relax in a bath – I get bored and wrinkly very quickly!
- really enjoy a massage – I’m too tense to just lose myself to the relaxation.
- successfully meditate – thoughts of what I need to do next always invade my mind.
- be truly mindful – again I just have too much going on in the brain to immerse myself in the moment.
- sit down without a distraction – I NEED something to read, look at, listen to or do.
So it is fair to say that I’ve never fully relaxed, although it is something I desperately need to learn to do.
How would you answer the prompt “I have never…”?
I actually had so many options for this prompt that my video for this week covers some of my other possible answers!
Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!
And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!
To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.