I must confess…my biggest strength
I really love this week’s prompt – thanks to Sanch from Living My Imperfect Life for suggesting it. I have to say I do like the more positive confessions, the ones where we take the time to look at the good within, instead of concentrating on the negatives of our lives.
It’s funny, they are the ones that are not commonly thought of when you think about the concept of confessing, are they? I guess most of us are conditioned to associating a confession with an admission of guilt or a revelation of some action that should not have occurred.
But I see a confession as a declaration of truth. And the truth is what it is.
Good or bad.
We all have strengths and weaknesses. These are what make us human. It’s also human to concentrate on our weaknesses rather than on our strengths. For instance I bet you could list 5 weaknesses to every 1 strength…
Go on, try it.
For me, it was a challenge to list my strengths, let alone select one as my biggest strength.
In the end, after a few hours of musing, I came up with the following list of my strengths:
My biggest strengths
- Positivity – I am an optimist and always try to see the bright side, even when it’s nearly impossible to see a bright side at all. In fact I’ve been referred to as Pollyanna in the past for this very reason…
- Resilience – I tend to bounce back from disappointment like a weed forever appearing between pavers or a cockcroach that still won’t die even following a nuclear holocaust. Like a bad smell I just keeping fighting back!
- Kindness – I can’t help but be kind to everyone. I was brought up to respect others, be considerate and to put the needs of others before my own. On the flip side this can also be a weakness but I choose to see it as a strength. I’d rather be too kind and considered a walkover than be seen as mean or hard-hearted.
- Generosity – I love sharing my knowledge and my skills with others. I get a buzz out of helping people and I’m working towards helping people for a living, both here on the blog and also with my new business, Double Scoop.
But which one do I consider to be my biggest strength? Well, check out my video below to find out for yourself..
So that’s my biggest strength – what’s yours?
And, like me, do you enjoy the more “positive” confession prompts too?
Make your confession and join in with the fun and the real community we are building here at #imustconfess!
And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!
To help you along with the confessing, here are the future prompts so you have no excuse not to take part each week!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.