I Must Confess…I’m pondering…
This week is devoted to random confessions which is really very handy as I’ve had a lot on my mind lately and it will be a relief to get it all out there. Who knew the Kirsty setting the confessions all those months ago would know that current day Kirsty would need this prompt this week?
She’s a good egg, that Kirsty…
1. Which brings me to the first thing I’ve been pondering this week. I’m Kirsty – K-i-r-s-t-y. Not Kristy – K-r-i-s-t-y.
I must confess that nearly everyone has gotten my name wrong, at one time or another, throughout my life. After joking about this in a blogging group the other evening (even coming up with my very own #notkristy hashtag), karma got me good when the personalised gifts I received from the Myer #giftorium opening were indeed labelled Kristy, not Kirsty. It really was quite funny and I had a good laugh about it – life’s too short to be precious about stuff like that!
2. I continue to ponder the big issues at physiotherapy. After wondering how they deal with the passing of wind at a delicate moment and the issues of smelly feet I’ve now moved onto another level of thinking. I’m now trying to calculate just how much moisturising each physio would get after using large quantities of sorbolene cream in deep tissue massage. Seriously their forearms have to be beyond soft after continually hitting the sorbolene cream for each client, day in, day out…surely?
3. Speaking of physio, while I do have lots of exercises to do each day, I must confess that I don’t always do them each day. Some days I don’t have the time or the discipline. I do go to each appointment and I do at least one thing each day but I don’t do everything – sorry to my physio if he’s reading this!
4. I’m seriously considering missing my daughter’s daycare graduation for the new Star Wars movie. We bought advance tickets a few weeks before we knew about the graduation ceremony and while I’m trying to change the movie time so we can do both, there is a chance we won’t be able to make it.
5. I must confess there’s a part of me who thinks the whole preschool “graduation” thing is a little over the top anyway – apparently they’re going the whole hog with caps and gowns too. I wonder if they will look like this…
6. I’ve been doing lots of free online blogging courses which have kept me busy but have also been an elaborate form of procrastination. I have completed the Secret Bloggers’ Business Summer Bootcamp as well Kate McKibbin’s recent webinar series which has opened my eyes up to the power of e-resources and e-products for a blog. Which is great if I can find the time and inclination to make some products for myself – which, as of yet, I haven’t.
I’ve also undertaken Kate Toon’s 10 Day SEO Challenge and have beta-tested another SEO course for bloggers which have both blown my mind about the power of SEO. I’ve now submitted sitemaps and optimised my page SEO and installed new plugins to improve my site’s performance. But have I made any money or made any progression with my own blog? Nope. Because I’ve been too busy learning about things to implement things!
7. We have to make a decision about where Gilbert will be going to high school in 2017 to get the ball rolling on the transition process but we haven’t yet made a decision. I honestly don’t know which school will be best for him.
Should we go with the local school where he’ll know some of his classmates and is somewhat familiar with the school environment, even if it’s only a Year 7 to 10 school (which means he’ll have to transition again in Year 11?) Or do we apply out of zone so he can attend the one high school all the way though to Year 12, even if he won’t have friends heading there with him? I must confess I don’t really know what to do…do you have any tips?
8. I must confess that I have no idea about emoticons and rarely use them. I’ve seen heaps of statuses where people just share random emoticons (random to me anyway) and I have absolutely no idea what they’re on about. Is there an emoticon dictionary? Am I the only one who doesn’t use or understand them? What does this mean?
9. I’m torn between wanting to get Double Scoop off the ground and making that my sole business focus and monetising My Home Truths, where my real passion lies. I’d love nothing more than to be able to help people and share more information on special needs parenting but I also need to somehow ground out a small part-time income. I have some ideas on how I can work towards that goal here but in the meantime I’m still trying to balance both. So if you are looking for a corporate writer or copywriter, keep me in mind 🙂
10. I need to get cracking on the confession prompts for the first few months of next year. If you have some ideas please leave them in the comments, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or message my facebook page. I’d love to include your input as I want to make it even more fun and interactive and engaging. So hit me with your ideal confession prompts!
Do you have any random confessions this week? Get them off your chest – I promise you’ll feel all the better for it!
Link up your post for some #imustconfess love and find out what everyone else is confessing this week.
And don’t forget to join in with our #imustconfess community over on facebook. It’s where the confessing continues beyond the linkup. And the best part? You don’t even need to blog or be a blogger to take part!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt (I’m compiling prompts for 2016 – so please share your ideas with me!)
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.