I Must Confess…an evolution

Did you enjoy your father’s day weekend? We had a quiet one and although it was my first without my dad, I faced it and it passed without too much pain. The worst is now over.

I just imagined him with a stubby in hand, laughing at my usual dodgy, last minute gift and I couldn’t help but smile. Read more about my thoughts on father’s day and all those fathers lost in my linked post below.

Now, do you know that it’s coming up to the 4th anniversary of the very first #imustconfess linkup? November 5 2011 marked the start of an era and I personally can’t believe, nearly 4 years later, that it’s still going strong. There’s been moments I’ve wanted to give up (and a period there where it went into hiatus for a while) but I’ve loved every moment of it.

It is the true highlight of my week – the linkup is definitely here to stay.

However, while the linkup has been great for bloggers, I’m not sure it’s served my non-blogging readers quite so well. Let’s face it, it’s hard to join in with a link up when you don’t have a blog of your own to post to.

Besides, I’m keen to start building a real, interactive community both on and off the blog. Crazy idea, I know, but as Jadah Sellner from Simple Green Smoothies stated at #pbevent, you need to be where the party is. And while we have a pretty damn good time here every Monday, it’s time to join the others who hang out at my other place, Facebook.

It’s clear that it’s time to grow and experiment. It’s time for an evolution!

I must confess: An evolution http://www.myhometruths.com #imustconfess

So, I have created a new community on facebook. A group called (not surprisingly) I Must Confess. It’s a group that anyone can join. A group where we can celebrate the good and the bad and the ugly of life. It’s description goes like this:

I Must Confess community is all about sharing the truths of our lives. It’s about supporting each other, accepting our successes and failures and celebrating this crazy ride we’re all on called life. This is not a place for judgement, blatant self promotion or abuse. This group was inspired by the I Must Confess linkup. Welcome aboard!

I invite you, readers, commenters and bloggers alike, to come on over and join in with this new community. You can post confessions. Funny anecdotes. Things you are too timid to post on your own timeline. Anything at all really. Let’s get to know each other. And support each other. And be there for each other.

And while we’re talking evolutions, here’s another one – a list of the #imustconfess prompts for the remainder of 2015. This idea was also born out of #pbevent, from arguably the best session of the conference, presented by Christina from Hair Romance and Carly from Smaggle.

These girls SPOKE to me about all the things I struggle with – organisation, batching, prioritising and basically getting crap done.

In order to help me and to help you, I wanted to give you the prompts for the rest of the year. You now have my permission to batch post to your heart’s content…

I Must Confess...2015 Prompts http://www.myhometruths.com #imustconfess

This way you can get a jump on drafting posts or scheduling those already written.

And I know what I’m doing (for once!) and can batch up some writing and drafting to better manage my time.

Win!

So what do you think about the #imustconfess evolution? Will you come and join the gang?

Join the community!

P.S. before you head off, don’t forget to link up your confession or your father’s day post below!

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – be honest – are you a competitive person?

1. Loving the prompts for the rest of the year. It will be a great way for me to get ahead of schedule when I have the chance.
    Raych aka Mystery Case recently posted..Packing for a dirty weekend

I had a feeling you’d like them Raych, particularly with the workload you’re dealing with right now. Hope the study is going well and that your daughter is now recovered too x

2. Lydia C. Lee says:

Love having the prompts for the rest of the year!! Will try to be more organised myself!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..Stole the show

I suspected having the prompts out there would help those souls (other than disorganised me!) who like to be organised. At least I have a chance to pre-write some of the posts now myself, although that’s possible asking too much of me!!!

3. Cate says:

There’s some interesting ideas in that list! I’m glad you were ok yesterday
    Cate recently posted..Hello Monday

Thanks Cate. It wasn’t the best of days but it didn’t last and now the first fathers day without my father is done x

4. Great Idea lovely and one I will happily follow. I have a new idea I am working on and can’t wait t share it you as I know you will like it too.
    Natalie @ OurParallelConnection recently posted..As a parent I am still learning – Anxiety in Teenagers

5. I’m trying to be better at batching but my biggest problem is finding the time so I’m still mainly writing in 20 min spurts here and there. I’ve linked up a really old post today because I didn’t have time to write a new one.
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..DIY Animal washing sensory play activity

As you know old posts are more than welcome to receive some more comment love Toni. And I hope you can gradually get more than 20 mins at a time to write!

I love the new group and the list of prompts in advance! Now I don’t have an excuse to be so ad hoc and disorganised. Nah, I’m sure I’ll find one lol
    Ness recently posted..Our Outback Adventure On Father’s Day

Same here Ness – I suspect I will still have those moments where I’ll be stuck for an idea and will procrastinate endlessly about it!

7. Love seeing how inspired you are and how you are seizing the day!
    Janet aka Middle Aged Mama recently posted..Whatever Happened to Themestream?

Love the prompts for the rest of the year and loving the new facebook group! Now that I am back I hope to get back into a blogging routine and have already started a post for next week!
    Am also keen to go back and read the posts about ProBlogger! Seems like it was quite the event!
    Zita recently posted..Where am I Wednesday

Welcome back to Oz! I’ll have more posts in the future about Problogger (on our Smarter Happier site). Definitely worth reading up on them.

9. jess says:

I’m off to check out that FB group! I really need to work on batching, as I have sooooo much work to do, but just need to pull up my big girl pants and do it!
    jess recently posted..Here’s to new beginnings.

10. I love a schedule. Viva la evolution.
    Ed @ The Tunnel recently posted..Australia to take 12,000 Christian Syrian refugees named Tony

11. Well done for being so organised and moving ahead with your community building plans when you’ve had so much going on in your own life! I have joined your Facebook group and look forward to seeing it grow 🙂

12. Deborah says:

I like schedules too… I usually prepare posts in advance and like to be organised, so I may very well participate! 🙂
    Deborah recently posted..September 11 and the sounds of silence

13. Kathy says:

This is a good idea and I Must Confess (as you know) to not linking up because I have only managed a couple of links up a week, and sometimes only one post a week! But maybe with more organisation. Anyway I’ll jump on the FB group as see how I go with confessing (I’m sure there is plenty of material)! .
    Kathy recently posted..Adventures for the soul traveller

14. Grace says:

I love the thought you’ve put into the prompts, Kirsty. What a wonderfully supportive community you’re building here. Sending you big hugs, especially for this past Father’s Day. I’m sure your dad was right beside you in spirit x
    Grace recently posted..FYBF – Enough is plenty