I Must Confess…hello Monday!

HELLO MONDAY! (text overplayed on picture of sun filtering through leaves) www.myhometruths.com

I must confess that I stole this idea from Cate from Life Behind the Purple Door. I adore her “Hello Monday” posts and I love how she consciously welcomes each week. Thanks for the idea Cate – I hope you don’t mind us using your wonderful idea as a prompt for “I Must Confess” this week.

I admit I welcome each Monday because I love this linkup – I love the sense of community and the camaraderie and the fun of making confessions. Unfortunately that welcome does not always extend to the rest of my week. I suspect many of you could say the same.

So I wanted to give us all the chance to genuinely welcome Monday and everything the week ahead may bring.

Are you ready to welcome Monday?

Here’s what I’m welcoming this week:

Hello physio – I went over on my right knee last Tuesday at tennis and have been hobbling ever since. My knee is not excruciatingly painful but it’s aching, tender and swollen. I’m looking forward to seeing a physio today to see what damage I have done and to start the road to recovery. I just want to get back into strength training, running and tennis again (BTW – who am I now???)

Hello Double Scoop – I’m finally getting started on my new website and business, Double Scoop. My business offers a range of services such as copywriting (including SEO copywriting), professional business writing (including white papers, reports, blogs, websites, etc), business consulting (advice for working with government agencies, tender preparation, coaching, etc) and project solutions (project planning, reporting, stakeholder communication strategies, overall project management).

The website is nearing completion, my free opt-in ebook is in progress and I’m starting to interact in business groups to build a profile and make networks. It’s going to be a slow burn but I’m so happy to be finally in a position to start – I’m looking forward to my second career!

Hello mini-break – on Thursday Nathan and I are heading away from home for 4 nights. 4 nights of unbroken sleep. 4 nights where there will be no demands from little demanding people. 4 nights in a comfortable hotel bed with fresh sheets. 4 nights of not having to think about “what’s for dinner?”.

Can you tell I’m excited?

Hello Problogger – the mini-break obviously coincides with Problogger on the Gold Coast. Nathan and I are heading off for our second go-around and we can’t wait. Last year my mind was blown by everything I learned, both in the sessions, and in conversation with other attendees. The information overload was massive and I’m still trying to take it all in, nearly one year down the track.

We have learned from our first experience and have booked in an extra night so we can soak it all up and think about things before we head back to the chaos of home. I’m hoping this chance to stop and reflect will mean more of the learnings will be implemented this time around. Time will tell, I guess.

What are you saying hello to this week? Are you happy it’s Monday?

Link up a post and join in with the most fabulous, supportive and generous community here at #imustconfess.

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – if you were PM of Australia, what would your priorities be?

Here’s hoping your physio appointment goes well!! I’m a little bummed to be missing pro blogger but am looking forward to reading everyone’s recaps! Enjoy the time with Nathan!

Sorry we won’t be catching up again this year. But you do have a very valid excuse being on the other side of the world and all. I’ve loved following your adventures – hope you are still having a blast!

2. Lydia C. Lee says:

I love that you guys do ProBlogger together! Enjoy!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..That’s a goal!!

3. Vanessa says:

I’m saying hello to two days of work, two days of leave and PROBLOGGER BABY!
    Vanessa recently posted..Introducing NormalNess

4. Julie says:

Hope your knee if better soon for you have a great time at ProBlogger. This week I say hello to daycare for my little one, one day a week. So I can have a couple of hours to work. xx
    Julie recently posted..Women in Business – Alba Gomez Image Consultant

Enjoy those hours Julie – they seem to pass so much faster than when you have them with you!!! I hope daycare goes well x

5. Cate says:

Hope physio fixes the knee! Look forward to meeting you on the Gold Coast (hopefully!)
    Cate recently posted..Hello Monday

6. I’m so looking forward to Problogger (and not having to cook for 3 nights!). Will have to seek you out because you are on my list of people to meet 🙂
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Hello Monday

7. Wow your new business idea is fantastic… Can’t wait to see it. Congrats lovely
    Natalie @ our parallel connection recently posted..Will I ever be bikini ready?

Thanks Nat. I’m trying to get it up and running ASAP but dodgy knees and blogging conferences keep getting in my way…!

Your week sounds really exciting. Busy – but exciting. Hope your knee is feeling better and you enjoy ProBlogger and your break. xo
    Ness recently posted..Making Mondays Marvellous

Thanks Ness. Not sure about the knee as it looks like I need an MRI now but definitely looking forward to heading to Problogger!

9. I have started the week off with a day at home. I am catching up on a few things and enjoying being kid free for a few hours. So bummed I can’t make it to ProBlogger this years but I am going to make it a priority for 2016. Thanks for hosting the linky once again. Mel xx
    Melanie Greenhalgh recently posted..Slang Sandwich

Please come next year – hopefully we can then get together and get into lots of mischief (’cause I have a feeling that’s what would happen with us…!)

10. Have a fab time at PBEvent! I’m not going this year, though this morning I did attend a pre-PB blogger meetup in Brisbane so at least I got to enjoy some bloggy chat and networking. I might have to go off social media while PB is on though, so I don’t get too depressed 😉

11. Jules says:

Kirsty looking forward to rubbing shoulders with you at the PBEvent. I love the inspiration your ‘I Must Confess’ is giving me, and it’s fun! 🙂
    Jules recently posted..Hello Monday, One Week in Two Days

It’s was lovely meeting you Jules and thanks so much for helping me with my daughter’s oral sensory issue. So happy that I Must Confess has given you a little inspiration and some fun too!

12. I bet you really enjoy your little get away and hopefully some relaxing.
    Anne@GritandGiggles recently posted..There and back

It’s been bliss so far. Still up here until Monday and looking forward to some real relaxing now that ProBlogger is now over for another year!

1. August 20, 2015

[…] you follow any of my social media accounts or read last week’s #imustconfess post you’d be aware that my right knee collapsed under me at tennis a couple of weeks back. […]