Wordless Wednesday: The Magic of Disney

I can’t deny that we were all pumped and excited to visit Walt Disney World. Who wouldn’t be? The magic of Disney is alive and well my friends – it is definitely real!

Character Breakfast Fun

Do you like Gilbert’s trademark “thumbs up” in these photos? He thought it would save him the trouble of smiling – true story…

We met Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald for breakfast on three occasions while we stayed at WDW – such a fun and magical experience for the kids (and, yes, for us too!)

Princess Perfection

We met nearly all the princesses, including Rapunzel and Ariel (not pictured), only missing out on meeting Tiana. The girls were in heaven. On a side note, Pocahontas and Mulan were not featured at any of the parks we visited which I found a bit sad as they seem to always be the princesses that miss out on the love.

Icons of Disney

And of course we got to see all the iconic sights, including the Princess Castle & Main St USA at Magic Kingdom; the EPCOT ball; the Hollywood Studios entry; and some of the more famous rides, such as Pirates of the Caribbean and the RocknRoller Coaster.

It was so much fun – Walt Disney World really is the happiest and most magical place on Earth!

Linking up with these lovely ladies: TrishRaychaelMalinda, Grace, Ann and Bron x

1. Oh my goodness I got goosebumps looking at these! All the princesses, all the characters! I am such a Disney tragic. We went to Disneyworld on honeymoon (eating dinner in Cinderella’s Castle is a life highlight) and last year we popped our Disneyland cherry and I ran the Disneyland Half Marathon. High fived Minnie as I crossed the finish line – life defining moment right there! That’s the thing about the magic of Disney, it never gets old! I loved looking at all your happy memories! Thanks for sharing x
    Sammie @ The Annoyed Thyroid recently posted..Wednesday Words of Wisdom – Your Life is a Song

oh they do look so happy!! Bless Gilbert! that’s cute 🙂
    Zita recently posted..for First Coat Toowoomba

They were happy. Even Gilbert, despite the non-smiling face. I love the way he thinks – he truly thought it was enough to just do the thumbs up. Took him most of the trip to crack a smile and when he did it was really fakes most of the time. We have some shockers I am yet to show to the world!

3. Why does Pocahontas and Mulan always miss out, so awesome that you got to meet every other one though!
    Thanks for joining in #wednesdaywanderlust
    Malinda @mybrownpaperpackages recently posted..Baked Porridge Cups

I feel sorry for Pocahontas and Mulan. I guess they are not as princessy as the others but they should still be included – strong women who choose their destiny should be role models for our girls. I’ll get off my feminist Disney princess soap box now…

4. ann says:

Awesome pictures guys
    what a magical time you had!
    i am 100% convinced i must take my boys there in about 5 years time!
    ann recently posted..Things I Know #59- Still sick

5. I so want to go to Disneyland. We went to Euro Disney in Paris when I was 12 although it was snowing so much that nearly all the rides were closed so it wasn’t as exciting as it could’ve been.
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Easy Sausage Roll Recipe

6. Wow Kirsty – what a fabulous experience for your kids! I always dreamed of going to Disneyland when I was a kid. It never happened and I still haven’t been there. Maybe one day! 🙂
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: (Tassie Trip) Day 3 – Richmond

You will love it if you go Min. I though I was going just for the kids but I adored it and really got into the spirit of it too – it was truly magical x

7. Wow what awesome photos! My girls would go ballistic if they got to meet 1 Disney princess, but to meet nearly all of them…I couldn’t bear the excitement! My Husband and I have been to Disney Paris twice, and loved it. I can’t wait to take the girls to Disneyland or Disney World when they are a little older. 🙂
    Julie @ Off to the park recently posted..From little things big things grow

My daughters were off their tree – especially the day they got to meet 4 princesses – some might say princess overload but they lapped it up!!!!

8. Oh what a wonderful group of priceless photos of the kids with the Disney characters. I look forward to taking my son one day.
    Sally@Toddlers on Tour recently posted..A Family Getaway to Bali with Kids: A trip of firsts

I love looking at them – it really illustrates just how much my kids loved the experience. Your son will love it!

9. Kathy says:

Looks like so much fun and brings back memories of our trip to Disneyland. Miss Yin was 8 and I was worried she was starting to outgrow princesses, but no, she loved them. I agree that it is a shame Mulan and Pochahontas miss out – Mulan in particular for us is such a great role model, given our kids are Chinese.
    Kathy recently posted..I’ve joined the word police

10. I do so love Disney! have only been to Disneyland, and the second time in 2010 with dear hubby. It was magical as you said! x
    stephanie@stephsjoy recently posted..Pictures – The School & Calligraphy

I was surprised to get so much out of it myself. I would not have gone there without the kids but I’m hooked now. I can’t wait to head back there again!

11. Breakfast with the characters sounds so exciting. The kids must be beside themselves! I need to find out how to make that happen for our trip to WDW later this year!
    Kirralee @ Escape With Kids recently posted..Scarves, Snoods & Wraps – Add colour and warmth to your travel wardrobe

If you can, make your advanced dining reservations 180 days out or otherwise, as soon as you can. We went to Cape May Cafe twice (at the Beach Club Resort). They have Minnie, Donald and Goofy for a buffet breakfast – it’s great. We went to Chef Mickey’s at the Contemporary Resort for another buffet character breakfast. Minnie, Mickey, Goofy, Donald and Pluto are at that one. Another great experience there and allergy friendly too. Get onto the Disney site, find your booking and see what dining options are available. They are very much worth it!

12. Trish says:

How amazing , such wonderful memories captured.
    I’d love to take my boys.
    Gilbert’s thumbs up is great.
    Trish recently posted..Make your pinky promise …

I had to laugh every time he’d do the thumbs up. I did point out that he could smile instead (and should smile in addition to the thumbs up) but in his eyes, the thumbs up said it all. He’s not a fan of photos so I should be grateful he took part in some at all!