Wordless Wednesday: The Beauty of Water

I’m not much of a photographer but I was drawn repeatedly to the beauty of water throughout #ourUSAadventure.

Clear blue Caribbean Sea

Somewhere in the Caribbean Sea between Florida & Haiti

The water of the Caribbean was especially alluring – clear, warm and soulful.

Labadee, Haiti

Caribbean Sea, Labadee, Haiti

I found myself mesmerised and took many photos – you could say I became a little obsessed with water while I was away.

George Town, Grand Cayman

Caribbean Sea, George Town, Grand Cayman

Have you been obsessed with water or repeatedly focused on a subject in your photography?

Cozumel, Mexico

Caribbean Sea, Cozumel, Mexico

Linking up with Trish for Aussie Wordless Wednesday.

1. I love taking photos of the ocean. Actually I love the ocean in general, I find it very calming. Although I dont like swimming in the surf, but I’d definitely go swimming there!!
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..52 WEEKS OF MEMORIES | 19 – WITH MUM

I’m not much of a beach swimmer myself but this sea was glorious – warm, clear and hypnotising. I’ve never ever seen anything like it before – there is definite magic in the Caribbean Sea x

2. Oh yeah. LOVE water. I get most of my inspiration for new stories when I’m by the ocean …
    Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit recently posted..Day 2044 – Wordless Wednesday

Water is definitely inspiring. I loved looking at it and never tired of taking it all in. I also found peace just floating in it, with my ears in the water, it was the most soothing and calming action. I was able to be in the moment and feel the water on my skin, hear the muffled noises outside the pool, enjoy the sense of peace that comes with floating and finally relax. I love water x

3. Great photo’s Kirsty!! Yes – I am OFTEN obsessed or focussed on a particular subject for photography. For our Tassie trip it was the trees and autumn leaves. OBSESSED I was! We don’t see autumn leaves here. I love them! I didn’t realise you’d be us to the USA. I am so behind!!
    Min@WriteoftheMiddle recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: (Tassie Trip) Day 1 – Hobart

Thanks Min – and yes, we’ve just returned after 3 weeks away. It was a fab trip and I will be sharing more about it over the coming weeks – sorry in advance for the over abundance of travel stories and photos!!!!

4. I love the ocean. Especially pristine waters. I can gaze at it for ages. And like others, I find it inspiring ….
    Bronnie – Maid In Australia recently posted..The loneliest mothers …

The ocean is my sort of place. I found it soothing to be on the cruise and have nothing but water on all sides of me. I’ve always drawn calmness and contentment from water – it is definitely inspiring.

5. I felt calmer just looking at your photos of the ocean. The ocean is definitely my special place too.
    Kaz @ Melting Moments recently posted..52 Weeks of Memories – Week 19 – With Mum

The photos are calming, aren’t they? The colour and clarity of the Caribbean Sea is beyond anything I’ve ever seen before. Absolutely no filter required – the sea is perfect as it is!

6. Gorgeous photos. For someone that isn’t a photographer, you take a pretty amazing photos.

Thanks Raych – they came up pretty darn good for me! I am much better at landcscapes than portraits – can’t do a good shot of people but I can sometimes get a good shot of the sea!!!

7. Deborah says:

Stunning! I live opposite the ocean so get to see its changing colours… it’s never quite that blue or beautiful though!

There’s something addictive about the sea isn’t there?
    Deborah recently posted..Trello – a simple planning and project management tool

I love the sea too Deb – I spent many hours just gazing at it while on our cruise. No other entertainment required!

8. water can be so hypnotising can’t it Kirsty.
    Sally@Toddlers on Tour recently posted..My Garuda Indonesia Review (with kids)

9. Alicia says:

The water is amazing. I was open mouthed with amazement when you shared it on social media. Reminds me when I was at the Great Barrier Reef on my honeymoon 🙂
    Alicia recently posted..Renae weeping rose

It is true beauty – I could not look away and I could not believe my own eyes. Thank goodness I took photographic proof!!

10. What beautiful colours. I find the ocean to be so very calming.
    Becky from BeckyandJames recently posted..Making it official