Where Am I?
So where am I?
Well, to answer that question I am here right now but will be embarking on a blog-free and social-media free weekend from 4pm this afternoon.
We are attempting to camp for the second time – hopefully (?) we won’t be rained out this time around and will be able to finally say that we have camped as a family.
And then never speak of it again…
But before we head into the golden sunset of our weekend away I have a few things to let you know. Actually I feel a little like the principal at school assembly advising students of notices for the day. But don’t worry, none of you are in trouble – not yet, anyway!
1. Another reason I am not ‘here’ today is because I am guest posting over at Health Insurance Comparison about how I was once a health insurance sceptic. It’s funny how growing older and having children changes your thinking – once I would not have considered betting against my health while nowadays I prefer to have that all important coverage for the inevitable issues that head our way. Make sure you check it out!
2. I Must Confess will be live from 6am Monday AEDST. The prompt for this coming week is “micro confessions” – do you have a lot of trivial confessions to share that do not warrant a post of their own? Here’s your chance to get them all off your chest in one go. I hope you can make it along – it’s a tonne of fun.
3. While we are talking about confessions, you may have caught my post over at Smarter Happier today (another reason I am not ‘here’) about planning for our upcoming USA holiday. I will be away for just over three weeks in total so I will be requiring some hosting support for #imustconfess. If you will be available on one of the following Mondays and you are interested in guest hosting the linkup for me, please email me at email@example.com. It doesn’t matter if you have never hosted a linkup before, I can provide you with the code and tips for hosting if required. BTW – you can’t really break it – trust me!
I love seeing #imustconfess road tripping around and it would make me very happy to know its covered while I am away 🙂
4. While on the subject of my trip, I’m also interested in taking on guest posts to keep things ticking along around here. Anything goes at My Home Truths so if you are keen to help me out with a post that would be awesome. You can link back to your blog and social media accounts and I’ll do what I can to promote it from the US. I’m also happy to host anonymous posts if you wanted to confess or tell some truths without being identified – have a think and let me know if you are able/willing/pumped to contribute!
5. Finally, I also wanted to announce the winner of the EatNow giveaway. Thanks to everyone who entered. I love being able to host the odd giveaway around here and give back to all of you who give so much to me. The lucky winner of the $50 EatNow voucher is Sarah Fleming who came up with the novel excuse of “technical difficulties” for getting out of dinner duty. I would have a go at this myself but I would no doubt turn off the wrong switch on the switch box! Congratulations Sarah, the voucher should be in your inbox later today.
I think that is it. Be good while I’m away and I’ll see you bright and early Monday morning for another round of #imustconfess.
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.