I Must Confess…one thing you don’t know about me

Hi my friends. How are you all doing this week?

I must confess that I’m feeling a little flat. Possibly something to do with having a slight hangover after a fantastic Saturday night celebrating 20 years of friendship with some very special friends? Maybe due to the fact that I’ve developed sinus and it’s driving me batty? Or perhaps I’m feeling flat due to everyone in the family being demanding, unhappy and on edge this weekend – even the puppies?

Whatever the reason, I’m starting the week a little less energetic and positive than I normally do. And I really don’t like it – at all.

But this is what #imustconfess is all about for me – it’s a way to get things off my chest, have a little fun and start the week in a very social way. So I’m hoping you can all help pull me out of this funk and help me find my happy place again.

I Must Confess button

This week’s prompt is sharing one thing that you haven’t revealed to anyone. Being a blogger this is a tough prompt for me as I’m a chronic over-sharer and most of my secrets are known, either by you all online, or by family and friends in real life.

I really spent quite a lot of time this weekend musing over this prompt – which I ironically set myself! What could I share for this prompt? Is there something I haven’t shared with at least one person? What can I tell you that isn’t completely lame?

I’m sorry to say that I didn’t come up with much but I am going to share something that not even Nathan knows.

Are you ready?

Most mornings, after he heads off to work, I pour his remaining tea into my cup and I reheat it to keep me going for the “getting ready for school” routine. Yes, I drink his leftover tea.

Sad, isn’t it? We have our tea the same way so I can’t just let half a cup of perfectly good tea go to waste just because he has to leave before he’s finished it. And it’s not really that gross – we kiss and stuff so germs are shared between us anyway (ooh, boy germs!)

Although it does make me look a little sad and tight-arseish, doesn’t it, reusing tea when I could just make some more? But I can’t be bothered making a new cup and his half is all I really need to fortify me for the hour of chaos ahead of me…so that’s what I’ll continue to do (although he will probably make a point of drinking it all from now on to foil my evil plans….!)

Do you have a confession to share? Or a confession prompt to suggest? Or a cure for my Monday blues?

You know what to do – link up a post and share in the comment love for #imustconfess.

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – is there one decision in the past that you would go back and change if you could?

1. I’m not sure if that makes me weird, but I think that’s quite romantic…hope the week pumps you up…:)
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..I’ve just discovered I’m too old to wear….

Thanks Lydia. Things didn’t really improve as I had hoped as I managed to walk into a glass sliding door this afternoon but there’s always tomorrow!

2. Why does he only drink half a cup? I think you’re being very sensible. Waste not want not 🙂
    Pinky Poinker recently posted..Slap me stupid and call me Susan!

He has to leave early to do his teaching duty Pinky. Maybe the thought of the kids puts him off his tea????

3. lol I love how you have justified drinking his tea with all your kidding & sharing germs. Sometimes at night when kids are in bed, I eat Nutella straight from the jar… If they did it I would go wild
    Natalie @ our parallel comnection recently posted..6 tips for mums raising boys

I know right! Funny how we often have rules for us and different rules for them – heaven knows what would happen if they ever found out… 😉

4. Hmmm I just pinch the hubster’s tea those times when I finish my cup and still need more … I may look like I’m off topic today but I figured that nobody really knows that I like to write quizzes, so it all fits really 🙂
    Janet @ Middle Aged Mama recently posted..QUIZ: What Sort of Gem are You?

You are more upfront than me Janet – I’m sneaky and wait until he goes out of the house to grab his cup!!!

5. Julie says:

Ha ha you made me laugh today. If I was in a funk that certainly would cheer me up. Funny the little things we do. I am with you Kirsty it’s a good cup of tea. The worlds problems can be fixed with a cup of tea and biscuit.
    Julie recently posted..Skincerity Product Review

Gosh yes Julie – tea is nature’s soother! It’s also good for taking a break from doing something hard or distasteful!

As long you don’t actually reuse teabags multiple times like Mick has been known to do. Now THAT is being tight-arsed. Unless you like really weak tea. I’m more of a ‘leave the bag in until it’s the colour of tar’ girl. I couldn’t think of anything particularly illuminating to reveal about myself but that’s never stopped me!
    Ness recently posted..Secrets Of The Heart

I couldn’t reuse a teabag but reheating a perfectly good cup of tea is fine in my book. Good to know I may not be the huge tightness that I thought I might be!

7. Jess says:

Haha a little gross but not too bad. Hope your day turns around!
    Jess recently posted..Balsamic brussels sprouts with bacon and hazelnuts

Thanks Jess. The week has been a lot better so far – I hate being in a downer of a mood. Not my style at all!!!!

8. I’ve been oversharing for just over 2 years now, I don’t think there are many secrets left .
    Raych aka Mystery Case recently posted..GIVEAWAY & all the juicy Pure Glow Cleanse details

9. You crack me up and when I saw the photo on IG to FB this morning I KNEW that was going to be your confession, I agree it’s more about being lazy than tight!!! x

Definitely because I’m lazy! Why reinvent the wheel if the wheel is already there waiting to be reheated???

hahaha Kirsty! you crack me up!! Why not I say!?
    Zita recently posted..for a secret confession

Why not indeed! I enjoy my cup and a half in the mornings – gets me ready for the onslaught of the day. Hope you are having amazing adventures in Cambodia Zita!

11. ann says:

I don’t have to share my hot beverages as my other half doesn’t like them!! I will never share dessert or chocolate, ever!!
    ann recently posted..Star Trek, cats and goats- a few funnies!!

The beauty of this scheme (before I blogged about it!) was he was blissfully unaware that I was drinking his leftovers – since the post, it’s been slim pickings for me!!!!