How to make a Minecraft Stampy head in 7 easy steps
Last week found me in a place I rarely like to be.
I found myself getting ready to do craft.
It was Minecraft night at Cub Scouts and Matilda wanted to go as her Minecraft hero, Stampy. Stampy’s online persona is a yellow cat. We, inconveniently, don’t possess a cat costume so it looked like I would be forced to do Minecraft craft to save the day.
Thankfully, a quick internet search brought up quite a few patterns online that you can follow to make a half-decent pixelated Stampy cat so I wasn’t left completely to my non-crafty devices!
So I said a prayer to some sort of deity (one day I’ll explain how I’m half atheist/half agnostic), took a deep breath and threw myself into it.
Here’s how non-crafty Kirsty did Minecraft – how I made a Minecraft Stampy head in 7 easy steps!
1. Find a box to use for a head and cut out eye holes. VERY important if you want to ensure your child doesn’t come home injured (this piece of advice unfortunately didn’t help Matilda who still managed to sprain her ankle even when free of the box later in the night…)
2. Select the image to use as the base of pixelation for the front of the box. After consultation with Matilda we decided to use this pattern.
3. Scour the house for supplies. Luckily we had lots of little squares left over from Matilda’s minecraft party of 2013 – yes that is the last occasion I attempted craft on any sort of scale!
4. Start covering the back and sides of the box in your chosen base colour – I was lucky enough to still have sheets of paper in a perfect yellow/orange hue for our Stampy cat.
5. Mark out your face. It helps to do a dry run first before sticking down the squares so you can make sure it’s going to fit together properly.
6. Get sticky with it. Glue those paper squares down like the suckers that they are. Or, if you are lazy like me, use copious amounts of sticky tape instead. It still works 🙂
7. Sit back and admire your handiwork. You’ve done it. Time for a celebratory wine and a good lie down…
Here is Matilda channelling Stampy in the only orange and white items that she owns. The gloves are mine – a nice touch, don’t you think?
Now, I better start preparing for the great crafting of 2017…
Do you do craft? Do you do Minecraft? Or are you happily and blissfully unaware of it all, like I was prior to the great crafting of 2015?
Rather unwillingly crafting my heart out for #IBOT today x
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.