I Must Confess…I have popcorn at the ready!

A quick one from me this week (and completely off topic!) as I must confess I have been way too distracted by the leadership speculation in Canberra to concentrate on proper blogging!

#libspill is on this morning and I believe the spill motion should be carried so the Liberal party can clear the air, sort themselves out and get on with governing. Leaving things as they are would not be a good result for anybody. It’s clear that Tony Abbott has lost the confidence of the people and the party would be foolish to ignore that very clear fact just because “they don’t want to look like the Labor party.” Bad luck guys – you already do. So face the fact that things are not going well and try to reassert some authority and respect (if you can).

One thing that is guaranteed – whatever the result of this morning’s ballot, there will be continued problems for the Government if they continue with their existing agenda. Communicating the message and the salesman spruiking the message are NOT the heart of the Government’s problem. The policies themselves are the problem. The Government needs to rethink what they are doing (particularly with the budget, asylum seekers, broadband, welfare, education, climate change, etc) because these policies are not fair and they are hurting the people you claim to represent.

It's all about the...Policy

Okay – off my high horse now. I’m off to prepare the popcorn, switch over to ABC News 24 and settle down for the chaos to to come.

Are you interested in #libspill? Are you horrified by the speculation? What do you think will happen?

P.S. I am an Apple girl, through and through, went it comes to technology. With four iPhones, three iPads, two iPods, one MacBook Pro and one iMac in the house it would be VERY hard for me to argue any other way!!!!!

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – finish this sentence: “I am most happy when….”.

1. One thing is for certain, we have some interesting days ahead….
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..What I learnt from Kingsman

2. I honestly think the only way forward is to call for an election and for both parties to get their acts and best teams together and present us with a party that can rule for one term without the need for a leadership spill. I appreciate things don’t work this way but I think they need to.

I’ve revisited an old I must confess post following a lot of negative and hateful comments over the weekend that have left me in tears and wanting to give up blogging altogether.

3. MaameJ says:

I agree it is the policies that are the core problem and I don’t know if a spill will fix those. Only this morning I heard the national organisation for homeless people calling for more secure funding – case in point.
    I’d also like to see a bipartisan approach to the big issues rather than this continual conflict and hatred. However Tony Abbott was notorious for being adversarial and extremely conservative even in his university days. It’s a pity the Australian public have had to find out the hard way what a poor leader he is.
    This is my first time to your blog so nothing to confess, except I wear my heart on my sleeve.
    MaameJ recently posted..Zoo City music

4. I am so disheartened by politics. Every day I hear something new and they sound like children in the school yard arguing over whose turn it is next. It is embarrassing.
    Natalie @ OurParallelConnection recently posted..Bulimia – dirty little secret

5. I can’t believe that the tipping point for most of Australia was Tony giving Prince Phillip a knighthood. What about how we are treating our environment, our treatment of refugees and his crass attitude towards women and social media. But apparently he lives to control for another day. Ho hum.
    Melanie Greenhalgh recently posted..Breath in, breath out, now RELAX – Part 1

6. Julie says:

I agree they need to sort themselves out. I hope he goes, some of the things that come out of his mouth are such an embarrassment for Australia. ERRR Knighting Prince Phillip I mean really Tony, really.
    Julie
    Julie recently posted..Frozen Excavation for Kids

7. It’s all a big farce to keep our eyes off what really matters. The policies, or as you said, the LACK of policies! And why the heck did this all have to unfold in a church? So over this #libspill

8. So Tony Abbott has held on to the prime ministership – for the time being. Somehow I don’t think is the end of it though …. #hatepolitics #stupidpoliticians #givemesomebodydecenttovotefor #allpoliticianssuck
    Janet @ Middle Aged Mama recently posted..Is there life after kids?

I must confess that I have no interest or real knowledge of politics but couldn’t help but watch this morning. Some were saying that this mornings decision is the end of it but I have a sneaky suspicion that this is only the beginning of the end.
    Living in a state which had an election over a week but still no clear winner or Premier, I am starting to lose faith in all things political and politicians!
    Zita recently posted..for my first trip to Thailand and Cambodia!

10. Well that was a huge let down wasn’t it. They keep him to make sure they don’t look like labor, knowing full well that nobody likes him. Awesome move… goodbye at the next election 🙂
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Team Android vs Team Apple: The war dividing my family

11. Trish says:

I confess I could care less about the spill .What can we do about it , till the next election.
    Trish recently posted..Sunshine on the water looks so lovely

12. Tegan says:

I agree that a change of face doesn’t change the policies. However TA is such a bumbling idiot that I really would prefer to have a different face for our country. Someone who is a bit better at the whole public relations gig.
    Tegan recently posted..Better than I was

13. Bec says:

An interesting morning!
    Bec recently posted..Vegetarian Mexican Pizza

14. It kinda just fizzled out though this morning, didn’t it? Oh well…I’m not a fan of Tony but I guess if he’s seeing the Libs into the next election, it might mean better chances for Labor. Not that they are much better currently but certainly my preference over Tony.

As for the Apple v Android, I have always been an Android person…until I bought my first Macbook Air for my birthday last month. There is a teeny tiny possibility I could be converted to Apple 😉
    Sanch @ Living my Imperfect Life recently posted..Am I a stalker

15. What shits me about Apple is that the charger cords NEVER last! Interesting outcome from spill hey? They would have been mental to stab Abbott but he’s defo not popular with people x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Ambition can be a terrible curse.

16. Paula J says:

I must confess…I hate politics!
    I wish it weren’t true, but what can ya do lol.
    Paula J recently posted..NO RULES Weekend Blog Party #122!

17. Amy says:

Someone needs to start a crowd funded platform with the support of local and overseas celebs to tell the damn pollies what we, the voting public REALLY want. Quick tip- it’s not in fighting and policy bashing! Maybe then one of the minor parties would step up, people would vote for them, the major parties would lose a few seats and maybe listen to us for a change!
    Amy recently posted..When we pretend Fat = Unhealthy = The right to comment