Things I Know & Love Right Now
I intended to write a whole lot more this week. I meant to get so much more done. But it seems I can’t get traction on anything at the moment.
I’m not sure if it’s because of the distraction of my pug babies. Or if it’s my struggle to prioritise effectively now I’m working from home. Or whether it’s the inevitable down that follows the euphoria surrounding a life-changing event?
I don’t really have an answer. But my lack of output and focus is really starting to get under my skin. Let’s hope I can get myself on track soon…
But, it’s not all hopeless. I’m not confused about absolutely everything and there are some awesome things I know & love this week.
1. My pug babies – but you knew that already, didn’t you? Here’s more proof of their cuteness:
2. The SodaStream Play. I received a complimentary unit when I attended the recent Myer Giftorium event and it has been in daily use ever since. I particularly like the lemonade flavour – just the thing on a hot spring afternoon – cheers!
3. Rearranging my house. We have rearranged the rumpus as it was the one room in the house which was completely under-utilised. We have plans to put in a wall of cabinets on one side and install a desk so I can work in there with the pugs in the day. For now, just with the act of moving the furniture around, it is getting way more use than it ever has!
4. My back deck. This has become my study. The pugs can roam about or sit by me, I can hear the birds in the trees, feel the breeze on my skin and soak up the serenity of my life at home. It sure beats sitting in my dark and cold study…
5. My nails. I had acrylic nails applied for ProBlogger in a bid to grow my natural ones as I’m a pretty big nail biter. Fast forward two months and I’ve taken the leap and had the acrylics removed. Fingers crossed I can keep my nails in good condition and resist the urge to bite now they have grown!
6. iTunes Radio. I’m really enjoying listening to the various channels, particularly the R&B/Soul channel. I have discovered some awesome new tunes to enjoy, including this one:
7. My Fitbit. I’m trying really hard to keep my movement up now I’m at home and the Fitbit is helping me understand when and how I’m moving. I’ve recently paired it with the My Fitness Pal app as I’m keen to keep an eye on my eating too. They are working together beautifully and are certainly doing their job of keeping me accountable and aware of my food intake and exercise levels.
8. Planning for our overseas holiday in 2015. After a lot of discussion and changing ideas and research, we have decided to take the kids to the US next year. We are planning on visiting LA, Orlando, Cape Canaveral, NY and Hawaii for 3 to 4 weeks in September next year. I can’t wait to lock it in so I can officially allow myself to become excited about it!
9. Madam Secretary. This is a new TV show featuring Tea Leoni as the US Secretary of State. It’s clever, smart and wryly amusing – an unusual combination for an American television series. I highly recommend it if you are looking for a new show to embrace and love.
10. More “me” time. I’m soaking up some much needed time to myself. I think that might be part of my problem – I’m finding it difficult to tear myself away from just “being” after so many years of rushing and racing about. It’s such intoxicating luxury – what is more perfect than time to think and dream and just be?
What do you know and love right now?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.