I Must Confess…welcome to my fridge!
A quick one from me this week as I’m exhausted from battling a cold, holding Matilda’s birthday party and preparing for the arrival of the latest addition to our family (more on that in another post 😉 )
So, to the contents of my fridge. I must say I’m always interested in finding out what is in other people’s fridges. Probably just some weird quirk of mine but there’s something about seeing what other people eat and drink that fascinates me.
But I do want to declare to my IRL friends that I’m not some kind of weird stalker with a food fetish. Honest.
As you can see below, my fridge is low on fruit and veg (all I have in the crisper are a lonely bag of grapes). Unfortunately it’s high on sweets, a by-product of Matilda’s party on Saturday.
Other points of interest in my fridge:
- We have two different containers for margarines and jams – one is for the coeliacs, the other for the non-coeliacs. Much safer for us coeliacs to use dedicated spreads than running the risk of cross contamination from the kids’ highly glutenised bread.
- I used to be adamant that tomato sauce should be stored in the pantry but I was converted to keeping it in the fridge after taking the time to read the instructions on the bottle which states “refrigerate after opening,” So that’s what I now do.
- We use long life milk and buy in bulk to save costs. And yes, it’s long life skim milk – some people claim it tastes different but I’m used to it now – even the kids love drinking it plain.
- I have finally found a yoghurt that I actually like. The Jalna creamy natural greek yoghurt is very morish and perfect on pancakes! #justsayin #notsponsored
- We have multiple bottles of water, a big block of cheese and two dozen eggs in the fridge. Along with milk, we seem to go through these items more often than any others.
Are you game to share the contents of your fridge? Do you have any points of interest to note of your own?
Let’s start confessing – you’ll feel better for it, I promise 🙂
P.S Don’t forget to enter my latest Myer giveaway – you could win a $30 gift voucher!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.