I Must Confess…I’m a bit of a hypocrite
I must confess, sometimes I can be such a hypocrite.
I’m so good at telling others what to do (particularly my kids!) but not always as good at following through with my own advice. Fancy that?
Take the following for example:
- I’ll tell the kids to get a piece of fruit for a snack but after they head off I’ll ignore the fruit bowl and instead rifle through the pantry for something a little sweeter and much less healthy.
- I’ll encourage people to “let it go” (Frozen style, complete with singing and big arm action!) when they are consumed by a trivial issue yet I’ll stew over my own miniscule problems for far too long.
- I talk about being completely honest here but I do hold things back – I don’t reveal ALL my home truths on this page.
- I advocate exercise and looking after your mental and physical health but most days I don’t follow through on this for myself.
- I send the kids outside to have some screen free time then use the peace and quiet that follows to check out what’s going on in social media. On a screen. Inside.
- I vow each night I will not have dessert but, every night, I cave and have dessert anyway.
- I preach patience and kindness to others but I’m an impatient and rude driver when on the road.
- I advise others not to worry about the numbers on their blog pages or stress about losing page likes but I still check my stats every day. Which indicates that I do worry about it.
- Sometimes I want to have my say and speak my mind but I stay silent even on some issues where I should take the lead and express an informed opinion. Then I complain away from the conversation…
- I worry about the state of our country and of the world yet I am not doing anything practical to change things.
Do you practice what you preach? Or are you a bit of a hypocrite at times, like me?
It’s time to confess – make your confession, link up your post, share the comment love and join in with the most excellent I Must Confess community 🙂
Also, don’t forget to enter the TRENDe-tatts giveaway – you could win a $50 voucher to try them out for yourself!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.