When Delilah Met Hi-5

Hi-5 has been a staple in our house for nearly 10 years now. As a toddler and preschooler Gilbert used to watch nothing else but Hi-5. As a result we have amassed quite the collection of DVDs over the years…

2014-10-15 10.10.27

Just ignore the copied ones, OK?

I have to say I am used to the original cast as they are in most of the DVDs we own. However I have kept up with the new members as they’ve come and gone and have appreciated the fact that the team might change but the show essentially stays the same.

I think that’s why Gilbert loved it so much – he got exactly what he expected in each episode. The segments are well structured and you can always count on learning about music, words, numbers, problem solving and how to move your body every time.

Delilah is now the Hi-5 fanatic in the house. She loves the DVDs and enjoys dancing around to the songs. Lucky for her, we had the opportunity to meet the current Hi-5 cast in person and get a sneak preview of their new TV series, Hi-5 House Hits Season 2.

2014-10-15 12.00.42

I definitely look more excited than Delilah here..hmm

She was shy at first, even with her favourite cast member Stevie. But she warmed up during the preview with the help of popcorn (and selfies, of course!).

2014-10-15 11.50.16

By the end of the screening she was happy to have a bit of a dance, say hello to the cast and have a few photos:

2014-10-15 12.33.56

Delilah with Mary and Dayan

I was really impressed with the episode – which is saying something as I have seen many, many episodes over the years 😉 There were amusing moments for the kids and even for the parents too and it sticks to the successful segment formula that the kids love.

I was even more impressed with the new cast – Stevie, Ainsley, Tanika, Mary and Dayen. They are all genuinely talented performers and have a fabulous rapport with kids. It is clear they truly love what they do and the kids think they are pretty special too!

After the screening it was time for our last goodbyes. Delilah was delighted to receive a Hi-5 backpack on leaving and kept it close to her the whole way home, even when she succumbed to her inevitable exhaustion:

2014-10-14 13.10.01-2

I have to say it was worth the trip to Sydney alone to witness her excitement and her animated story-telling to the rest of the family later in the day!

Season 2 of Hi-5 House Hits is currently screening on Nickelodeon – so those of you with Foxtel, check it out.

Although a bit wordy, I’m linking up with Trish for Wordless Wednesday. Just focus on the pictures and not my ramblings, okay?

Disclaimer: I received an invitation to attend the meet and greet event and Delilah received some Hi-5 goodies. I was not paid for this post nor obligated to write it. My opinions are genuine and completely my own.

1. ann says:

Great pics Kirsty.
    Delilah is so very cute!! Looks like you both had a great day.
    ann recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- fishy

2. Aw, how exciting. I feel that way about The Wiggles. I’m still warming to the newbies. The last picture is so sweet!
    Kaz @ Melting Moments recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – Some days…

I don’t mind the new Wiggles but my kids were never massive fans. At least with The Wiggles the old crew seem to come back for cameos – I saw both Murray the Chef and Jeff the Cook in an episode on ABC2 this morning!

3. Deborah says:

Oh, I love how excited kids get for stuff like that (unlike we tres cool adults?!?!). What lovely photos you’ll have to remember the day by!
    Deborah recently posted..Something starting with the letter b

It was funny. Her eyes got so big when she was offered the bag and she immediately put it on her back, ready to go. It went to preschool today for news too – I think it was a winner!

4. Tamara says:

What a fabulous day. I am sure your photos will bring back many happy memories.
    Tamara recently posted..Wordless Wednesday 15 October

It was great. I don’t often get to do a lot of things like that with my daughter so it was a lot of fun, road tripping and seeing her so excited!

5. Alicia says:

Great selfies and a very cool backback!
    Alicia recently posted..October garden

6. Maddi used to LOVE Hi-5 but the boys don’t get to see it much because she is usually the boss of the TV, thanks for the reminder to get them back on the screen (and yes half of mine are copied also) x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Touching snow is a rite of passage – Wordless Wednesday

7. Raelene says:

The Wiggles were a huge hit in my house and I have to confess, I enjoyed singing along to most of the songs too. Beautiful photos.

8. Lisa Wood says:

I never ever realised that Hi-5 has been around for so very long…..my older son’s used to love it when they were younger! Our baby of the family {who is 9} never really got into them but that’s probably cause he was trying to keep up with his older brothers!
    Lisa Wood recently posted..Cowra Japanese Gardens

9. Lisa Wood says:

Oh I forgot to say – great pics and glad you both had fun 🙂
    Lisa Wood recently posted..Cowra Japanese Gardens

Oh how cute!!! She looks like she had a fab time and was totally busted by the end of it!
    Zita recently posted..to check out Toowoomba