5 Signs I Know It’s Time to Leave Work

I’m a logical person. I believe in science. I seek facts and figures. I need proof.

If I don’t see it, I don’t believe it.

Yes – that means I’m sometimes very painful to be around!

So it’s completely weird and out of the ordinary for me to be seeing signs as I reach the last days of my current employment.

Signs

It’s even more weird that I’m finding these signs strangely comforting and reassuring rather than completely unsettling.

What’s with that?

Anyway, here are 5 signs that are telling me that it’s time to leave work.

1. I’m onto my last pen. There’s no point in getting  new one – I just have to hope this pen will see the week out for me. It’s most definitely a sign – I’ve gone through two pens in the last week. It’s like my stationary knows that my days are numbered and feel the need to get in on the action.

2. Likewise, I’m onto the last pages on my notebook. Only a handful to go. It truly feels like leaving on Friday is all meant to be for me.

3. After 19 and a half years my Outlook folders are finally full. All my private folders are full and my inbox has reached capacity. It’s time to start going through all those emails and start hitting the delete button…right?

4. I called one of my colleagues “darling” today. Darling! I was in the process of going through my files and absent-mindedly answered him as I focused on the task at hand. Embarrassing doesn’t adequately describe just how awkward I felt after that faux pas!

5. My cheeks hurt from smiling. They are literally aching 🙂 I don’t consider myself sad or depressed (well not right now anyway) but I can’t ever recall feeling this excited, happy, positive and forward-focused. I’m taking this as a sign that I’ve made the right decision!

Do you believe in signs? Am I reading these right or is this just wishful thinking on my part?

Linking up with Jess and the fun of #IBOT!

1. Vanessa says:

Wishful thinking or a sign, it’s exciting!
    Vanessa recently posted..Why Do You Make A Purchase?

2. Yep, I totally believe in signs and the fact that your’e so happy is the best sign of all!
    Eva @ The Multitasking Mummy recently posted..Push Presents and Perspectives

I think that’s the main thing Eva – I do feel happy and i know it’s the right thing to do so that must be the most significant sign of all!

3. Definetly the pens!!! haha! I think sometimes everything just clicks into place and a door opens and you walk into the next chapter.
    Peachy Keen Mumma recently posted..Where’s my invitation – How to stay good friends (off of Facebook)

I think you’re right Peachy – it certainly seems like the right move for me – fingers crossed it works out as well as I hope!

4. I totally believe in signs even though I’m quite sceptical and scientific too. Don’t worry about calling your colleague darling, over the years I’ve called the ladies I work with mum and I’ve finished off a phone conversation saying love you!
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Mummy Must Have | BabyButton Mama Organiser (plus giveaway)

5. Absolutely meant to be!
    Janet @ Middle Aged Mama recently posted..How High is your Butt Crack?!

6. Hugzilla says:

Wow, 19 and a half years? Did I read that right? The smiling is a massive sign – I hope that the next chapter for you is an exciting and fulfilling one.
    Hugzilla recently posted..Bugaboo Diesel: The New Pram For the Urban Mummy Militia

7. I’m not a ‘signs’ person either, but it’s nice sometimes to know that you’re on the right page. Hope you enjoy your last few days! xx
    EssentiallyJess recently posted..It’s All About the Toothpaste #IBOT

8. Chantel says:

How exciting for you – the fact the pens died is a biggie – why start a new one!!!! Enjoy your new journey 🙂

Hello from #teamIBOT

9. I think once you decide something, the signs show an affirmation of that decision. A bit like picking out a new car and then suddenly seeing it on the road everywhere! It sounds like you are very happy with your decision. What an exciting time ahead – woohooo!

10. Absolutely signs Kirsty, and I think they’re all positive! It’s exciting, and of course scary, but a new chapter always hold lots of promise.
    I hope the rest of your week goes well 🙂
    Lisa@RandomActsOfZen recently posted..What’s Your Dream? // Hugzilla

11. I love the pens & the outlook mailboxes! It’s clearly time to move on. Good luck xx
    Michelle@An Organised Life recently posted..Win a Thermomix

Thanks Michelle! It’s all good so far – funny how I saw so many signs supporting my decision towards the end though 🙂

1. October 24, 2014

[…] and affirmation from a range of sources about my options. I chose to read meaning into some “signs” that helped affirm I was on the right track in my decision to accept my […]