5 Signs I Know It’s Time to Leave Work
I’m a logical person. I believe in science. I seek facts and figures. I need proof.
If I don’t see it, I don’t believe it.
Yes – that means I’m sometimes very painful to be around!
So it’s completely weird and out of the ordinary for me to be seeing signs as I reach the last days of my current employment.
It’s even more weird that I’m finding these signs strangely comforting and reassuring rather than completely unsettling.
What’s with that?
Anyway, here are 5 signs that are telling me that it’s time to leave work.
1. I’m onto my last pen. There’s no point in getting new one – I just have to hope this pen will see the week out for me. It’s most definitely a sign – I’ve gone through two pens in the last week. It’s like my stationary knows that my days are numbered and feel the need to get in on the action.
2. Likewise, I’m onto the last pages on my notebook. Only a handful to go. It truly feels like leaving on Friday is all meant to be for me.
3. After 19 and a half years my Outlook folders are finally full. All my private folders are full and my inbox has reached capacity. It’s time to start going through all those emails and start hitting the delete button…right?
4. I called one of my colleagues “darling” today. Darling! I was in the process of going through my files and absent-mindedly answered him as I focused on the task at hand. Embarrassing doesn’t adequately describe just how awkward I felt after that faux pas!
5. My cheeks hurt from smiling. They are literally aching 🙂 I don’t consider myself sad or depressed (well not right now anyway) but I can’t ever recall feeling this excited, happy, positive and forward-focused. I’m taking this as a sign that I’ve made the right decision!
Do you believe in signs? Am I reading these right or is this just wishful thinking on my part?
Linking up with Jess and the fun of #IBOT!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.