This is Me – #PBEvent Introduction

I’m heading off to #PBEvent for the very first time this week. As I tweeted last night, I’m so committed I’m even bringing my husband along!

Tweets

While I can’t contribute to the multitude of posts about what to take and what to wear and who to meet, I am very good at one other thing…

…I am an expert at talking about myself!

So, this is me – if you are heading to #PBEvent this week, make sure you say hi. I’m very friendly – really and truly I am, although it looks as if I’m clawing at the camera in this shot…

Photo on 25-08-2014 at 10.27 pm

Sadly, this is me trying to do a double wave – badly!

First things first – I’m Kirsty. I’m a blogger (obviously!) and I started My Home Truths in January 2011. This is post 550 which is a strangely satisfying number to me. I host a linkup on a Monday called I Must Confess which, if  say so myself, is a whole lot of fun.

I’m 39, a Leo and naturally blonde and curly. I’m short (155 cms short to be precise) but like others who are vertically challenged, I pack a punch for my height 🙂

I am married to a fellow blogger, Nathan, which is a whole lot of fun, although sometimes a little awkward when we go to blog about the same thing on the same day! But he gets this crazy world and supports me every step of the way which cancels out any potential awkwardness.

Because we are nuts, we also have a joint blog called Smarter Happier (where I also posted today – yep, I’m definitely nuts!). And we have the coolest business cards to give out (thanks Moo!) so get them while they last 😉

business cards

How cool are these? LOVE them!

But blogging is not all we do. We have also produced three kiddos – Gilbert, 10; Matilda 8; and Delilah 4. Their pseudonyms on the blog are the names of their teddy bears in real life – and at times, when they are not driving me batty, they can be as cute as their teddy bears too!

2014-08-23 12.24.26

Totally suspicious behaviour here – they are rarely nice to each other…

Gilbert has albinism and autism and Matilda has aspergers and they are my inspiration every single day. Delilah has a case of bossy four year old syndrome which, unsurprisingly, I’m not so inspired by…but luckily for her, I love her anyway.

I’ve just come back from a blogging break and am refreshed and ready to soak everything in at #PBEvent. So bring it on!

I look forward to meeting new friends. I’m determined to have fun. And I know I’m going to rock the Ahoy! party in this:

navy-pin-up-sailor-a7e03a6

Obviously not me, but you get the idea

See you there!

Are you going to #PBEvent? Can we be friends?

Linking up with Jess for #IBOT for the first time in AGES!

1. Debra Dane says:

I am not going this year. Just wanted to say I loved your intro. You are going to hav an awesome time. Can’t wait to read all the blog posts.
    Debra Dane recently posted..In defense of public displays of gratitude

Thanks Deb – you must be a soothsayer as I did happen to have an awesome time! I hope we can meet again sometime in the future – loved meeting you at DPCON12 x

2. Have the best time at #PBEvent. I’m new to blogging and didn’t hear about the conference in time but I’m looking forward to reading all about it on everyone’s posts so I know what to expect next year!
    Ingrid – Fabulous and Fun Life recently posted..Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb

I have so much to share Ingrid – I hope what I eventually post will help you and encourage you to try to get there next year – it was well worth the effort!

3. Lydia C. Lee says:

Have fun & enjoy (I believe I already said that to you, but you know…)

4. Thank you so much for doing this. As much as I read blogs every day, I’m so worried that when I get to PB I won’t recognise people. I hope to meet you amongst the 500 or so other people there!
    Eva @ The Multitasking Mummy recently posted..Are You Maternal Enough?

It was such a pleasure to meet you Eva! Let’s make a pact to keep remembering to link up with each other’s Monday linkups. You reminded me this week – I’ll try to do the same for you next week x

5. This is a great idea! I will definitely say hello. I never realised you used the bear names for the kids’ pseudonyms – that’s a really cool way to do it. This will be my first PB too and I’m getting so excited about everything there is to learn – and everyone there is to meet 🙂
    Lara @ This Charming Mum recently posted..Living in a war zone – primary school!

6. Hey girl and I can feel your enthusiasm is BACK – yay! Look forward to meeting you! Those biz cards are great! xx
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Should I encourage my girl to stay away from big kids?

It was lovely to finally meet you and grab snippets of conversation across the weekend Emily. We still have to have a drink together – maybe next year!

7. Me says:

I hope you have a wonderful time !!!! I won’t be there but I will be around on Wednesday night and Sunday morning and maybe one other night if anyone wants to catch up.
    Have the best time !
    Me xox
    Me recently posted..Learning to Run again

I’m sorry the stars didn’t align and we didn’t get to meet – I really would have loved to have met you on Sunday morning!!! Another time, methinks 🙂

8. I will be there at Problogger and I will be sure to say hi to you. Getting exciting now only a couple of days away. 🙂
    Bec @ The Plumbette recently posted..My Favourite Family #myfamilylens

9. This is my first venture into Problogger land, can’t wait, and I am STILL trying to decide what to wear! xx N
    Nikki @ Wonderfully Women recently posted..My Bargain Buys, Preparing For Problogger

10. 550 posts, wow that’s a big effort. Yes I’ll be at problogger, will keep my eyes peeled for the double waver! x

Hi Carla, I’m sorry if I missed you – did you enjoy it? Was it your first time? As a first-timer I absolutely loved it – will be heading back there again next year, for sure!

11. I’m not going but if I was I’d totally hunt you down – in a non stalkerish way!
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Mummy Must Have | Cheeky Junior

12. Lisa says:

I will look out for you Kirsty! I am trying to rustle up business cards but think I might fall short. Yours are very cool. Very excited and nervous at the same time about Problogger, I am bringing my hubby too.
    Lisa recently posted..A new home for MummyManifesto…

13. I sooo wish I was going and I am sooo jealous so take lots of photos and write lots of notes okay?!
    Emma Fahy Davis recently posted..Let’s Talk About Sex, Baby

14. Renee Wilson says:

LOVING the double wave shot 🙂 I laughed out loud when you said it looks more like you clawing. Thanks for introducing yourself and giving us the low down. I’m looking forward to meeting you at the end of the week. Eeek! Meanwhile, there’s some serious blogging going on in your household! Nice work! Visiting via #teamIBOT
    Renee Wilson recently posted..Let’s get physical

Really looking forward to meeting you too Renee 🙂

I think I’m making up for my blogging break this week – but don’t worry, I’ll run out of steam again soon… 😉

15. Vanessa says:

I’ll be there!! Ahoy maties!

Ahoy indeed – I’ll keep a look out for you Vanessa. Did I mention my husband and I would be in matching outfits? (well, technically he won’t be in a dress..) We love a bit of fancy dress!

16. Kathy says:

Great your blogging mojo is back and it will be nice to meet you (hopefully) at the conference.
    Kathy recently posted..Yoga poses for Problogger #PBEVENT

17. Eeerrrr if that’s your sailor outfit then I’m thinking my eye patch isn’t going to cut it. Darn it! So looking forward to meeting you Kirsty! Please look out for the elderly woman in the eye patch x
    Pinky Poinker recently posted..The ProBlogger Conference! Am I qualified to go?

Hahaha – please look out for the middle aged woman who looks NOTHING like the model in that photo! Looking forward to meeting you Pinky – should be a blast!

18. Oh I wish I was going to be there to meet you!! Glad you’re back from your break.
    Oh and I always wondered where the kids pseudonym’s came from. They are cool names.
    EssentiallyJess recently posted..Same-Same, But Different #IBOT

Thanks Jess. It was Nathan’s idea to come up with their names – it was definitely a cool idea. I just love that they still cherish their teddies after all these years. They are still excited whenever they see “their” picture on the screen – very cute!

19. Hey Kirsty! I didn’t realise you were going to PB!! I am a newbie too and will definitely be looking out for you to say hello 🙂

PS. In case you are wondering who I am, I also blog at The Very Inappropriate Blog, but I’ll be at #pbevent with my new blog Our Town Brisbane xx
    Rachel_OurTownBrisbane recently posted..Year 7 and a New Breed of Vegemite

I love your blog Rachel (very funny) and i will have to check out your new venture. Feel free to say hello – I promise I really don’t claw at people in real life – not on first meeting, anyway 😉

20. Mystery Case says:

Love your business cards.
    Mystery Case recently posted..Worth Casing Wednesday | It’s a SIGN……

21. Hi! I would love to meet you! We can chat blogging and autism, whilst soaking up one and totally ignoring the other!! Cannot wait for all the fun.
    Sarah from Creating Contentment recently posted..job interview

I totally want to be your friend and get one of those cool business cards!! Am super excited and nervous for the weekend! 🙂
    Zita recently posted..for another update

23. Rae Hilhorst says:

Great to hear more about you, you certainly have your hands full, see you on the GC at #PBEVENT x
    Rae Hilhorst recently posted..Seven Ways I Embarrassed My Children

24. Francesca says:

Great to learn a little more about you. Have a great time!
    Francesca recently posted..In the Library