I Must Confess…Micro-Confessions
Well hello there. Lovely to see you all again!
Thanks for sticking around while I’ve been rather quiet and boring on the blog front.
What have you been up to the last month or so? Lots? Nothing? The same old, same old?
Even though I’ve been idle around these parts, I’ve been busy everywhere else. Which was the very reason I decided to lighten my load and step away from writing for a while.
I want to take this chance to thank Ann, Raychael, Lisa, Emma and Toni for being kind enough to host IMC while I’ve been otherwise occupied. I’m so grateful for your generosity in hosting – you really did lighten my load.
And, while I’m at it, thanks to all of you (yes, you!) for supporting these lovely ladies and continuing to share and take part. You are all rather awesome and prove that this community we have all built together is simply amazing.
Oh, so many things to catch you up on. It’s going to take a while to get through it all, which is lucky as I’ll need all the help I can get to get back into the groove of regular blogging!
But first, to ease me into things, let me confess to all the little things that are genuine confessions but are so minor that they don’t often warrant a post all of their own.
Let’s call them “micro-confessions.” Here’s mine – I would love to hear yours!
1. I’m not good at maintaining cars. I just spent a fortune on my trusty little Mazda 2 as I hadn’t serviced it in a while and it needed all sorts of things replaced to get through rego. But despite the cost, I’m afraid I’m not about to change my ways anytime soon – cars are for driving, after all!
2. I desperately need new slippers but my old pair are perfectly worn in and comfy and just right. I don’t really want to have to go to the trouble to wear in another pair, even though these are clearly on their last legs (no pun intended…)
3. I am amazed at the power of pasta – you can cook it (duh), colour it, glue it, make jewellery out of it and use it for craft. What you may not know, it’s also a very effective tool for sensory regulation. Gilbert has started chewing on uncooked pasta during class to calm down and it’s made an amazing difference. In fact he had his best week ever at school this week. So never underestimate the power of pasta!
4. Weeds have overrun my garden and my pavement. It’s not that I don’t care – I do. I obviously just don’t care enough to get off my arse and do something about it.
5. I confess I’m hoping that my mum will help me out with the garden and the house while I’m away this coming weekend. I know I’m a bad daughter for expecting her to look after the kids as well as hoping that she’ll do the jobs that I don’t like doing…
6. I’m not entirely happy with my cleaner but I don’t know how best to deal with it. At work, I deal with this stuff all the time and, while I don’t like it, I do it because I’m a manager and that’s what I’m paid to do. But when it comes to my non-manager life, I avoid confrontation like the plague and up until now I’ve been hoping things would improve. I really do need to sort it out though…
7. I’ve been biting my nails again. From stress. I have decided to try artificial nails again but need to wait until the skin around my nails heal up first. From previous experience I know there is nothing worse than vigorous filing and gluing on tender skin – ouch.
8. Nathan and I have made the decision to be a little more forthcoming with photos of the kids. Originally we didn’t want to post photos of them but we have revised our position and feel more comfortable with that now. So here are Delilah, Gilbert and Matilda – their namesakes at the back and the real deal (being suspiciously nice to each other) in front:
9. I still haven’t made a final decision about leaving work. I should finally receive my official estimates for my redundancy package this week and I am off to see a financial planner for the first time in my life on Wednesday. I just want a decision to be made as I’ve been in limbo for over two months now. No wonder my nails are definitely the worse for wear 😉
10. I’m going to Problogger with my husband this week. 3 nights away on the Gold Coast with no kids and no responsibility. Just look out for the blonde middle aged couple who are having a little too good of a time away on their mini-escape from home. That’ll be us!
God that feels good. I forgot how freeing it is to get things off your chest, even just a lot of little things.
So, over to you. What little confessions do you have to share with us this week?
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.