I Must Confess…Things I Love
It’s time to start the week right, with warm and fuzzy confessions of love.
Are you ready to share your posts on all that you love?
I figure you already know that I love my husband, kids, family and friends.
I have also made no secret of my love for my home, especially my back deck overlooking the bush.
And my love for music is celebrated most Sundays when I share my musical musings posts.
So I thought, instead, why not share some of the unexpected and surprising things that I love – just between you and me 😉
Here goes – 10 possibly surprising things that I love:
1. I love politics. I enjoy watching question time and I get excited around election time. The ABC’s Antony Green is a god. And Leigh Sales and Sarah Ferguson are goddesses when it comes to interviewing our pollies and really turning the heat up on their policies. Yes, I am a little odd like that!
2. I love eating. Okay, so that’s not a big surprise but I’m a sucker for corn chips – I always eat too much of them, the saltiness is just SO good. I also love chocolate coated and cinnamon coated almonds – the perfect treat!
3. I love real fireplaces. There is nothing better than the warmth, the glow and the ambience of a real log fire. I could hibernate all winter in front of a fire, just like a bear. Come to think of it, it would probably help me be less cranky too…
4. I love trashy historical romance novels. I love reading about the regency period in particular – the era of Mr Darcy and Miss Bennett and Mr Knightley and Miss Woodhouse. It’s all about the longing glances and the surreptitious touches and the oh so very polite words of promise between a lord and his lady.
6. I love dogs – pugs and British bulldogs, to be exact. I have always wanted a dog of my own and I don’t think I will be truly complete without one or two to keep me company. Watching a beautiful British bulldog nearly lick Dr Harry to death last week on Better Homes and Gardens just made the ache for a doggy companion all the more insistent…
7. I love history. I completed a Bachelor of Arts over a decade ago, majoring in history and classics. I’m fascinated by the past and how people lived and worked and built and created. We can learn so much from studying all that came before us and appreciating just how ingenious and determined our ancestors were.
8. I love the beach. To look at rather than swim in. I prefer the ocean baths for a swim but I love how the beach invades all your senses. The smell and the taste of salt. The vision of brilliant blue water and vivid yellow sand. The feel of the heat of the sun and the cooling breeze coming off the surf. It’s so invigorating and vibrant and full of life.
9. I love learning. I especially love learning from my kids. I have learned all about public telephones and ATMs from Gilbert. I now know lots about Pokemon, Minecraft and Winx Club from Matilda, And Delilah has enriched my world by teaching me all about the Disney Princesses!
10. I love looking on the bright side of life. I love a laugh. I love smiling and enjoying the lighter side of the world. I avoid dark and heavy books and movies and TV, preferring some romance or comedy for light-hearted relief. Life is too short to wallow in others’ misery, real or imagined. Laughter truly is the best medicine.
What do you love? Or who do you love? Share and prove that love really is all around…
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.