I Must Confess…the A to Z of me

When I set this prompt I had a nagging feeling that I had done this before – and lo and behold, I did, way back in 2011 (which I have linked to below).

As it has been nearly three years since that post (OMG, how time has flown!) I think it’s time to do another sort of A to Z. The first was all about prompts from A to Z, where I feel it’s now time to share words in alphabetic order that I feel best describe me at this point in time.

So here goes – the A to Z of me (as of June 2014!)

A to Z of Me

Amazing. I tend to sell myself short too much. When I look at everything I do I am pretty damn amazing for keeping it together, getting crap done and still maintaining a hold on my sanity!

Belief. After many years of self-doubt, I now, for the first time, fully believe in myself. I believe that I can do anything that I choose. I believe I am strong enough to overcome anything. I believe I am a good person.

Clever. I consider that I am a bit of a clever clogs. I love trivia and quiz nights. I have a university degree and a TAFE qualification and would love to study again. I’m also extremely proud of my very clever kiddos – just like their mumma!

Daggy. I’m a great big dag. I like 90’s music, especially bubbly pop and dance classics. I love Eurovision. I enjoy cross-stitching. I am interested in politics. Yes, I am pretty daggy but I’m loud and proud!

Easygoing. I am easy to please. I go with the flow. I might be a stress-head but I am essentially a happy person and mainly stress about myself and my expectations rather than anything that anyone else does.

Frantic. Although I have been trying to slow my pace since my brain meltdown, I am still rushing around and moving constantly from task to task. It’s not how I want to live but it’s almost like I don’t know how else to exist….

Grateful. I’m grateful for everything that I have. A wonderful family, my soulmate for a husband, our dream house, a satisfying job, lifelong friends. I’m very lucky and I’m grateful every day.

Hopeful. I believe that without hope there is nothing to live for. I always believe that things will get better, even in the midst of my darkest days. It’s the only way I can get through and get on with things.

Insane. Let’s put it out there. I am a little crazy. You’d have to be to tackle some of things I do on a regular basis!

Job. I have a love/hate relationship with my job. I love it when I am there. It satisfies me, I feel competent and in control. But I hate how it can consume me if I let it. How it adds to my stress and anxiety. How it takes me from my family. I guess you could say it’s complicated…

Kitsch. I love all things kitsch. I love Eurovision. I love the 70s, I love anodised kitchenware and coloured glasses and sparkles and disco. Believe me, it’s all good!

Laughter. I love to laugh and smile and be happy. I seek the lighter side of life – no drama for me, give me a comedy any day. Laughter is indeed good for the soul 🙂

Music. I love listening to music, playing tunes and singing songs. I’ve been in several choirs, a school orchestra and obviously share my love of music every Sunday on the blog. I could not imagine a life without music!

Nathan. My husband, my best friend, my soul mate. He gets me like no one else does. He grounds me when I get too crazy, comforts me when I’m low and is always there for me. Always.

Over-sharer. As a blogger, it goes without saying that I’m an over-sharer. It doesn’t help that I host this linkup where I encourage you all to over-share with me!

Positive. I look on the bright side of things. I’m always looking forward, trusting that things will inevitably get better. It’s perhaps why I’ve been called Pollyanna on occasion for my normally sunny outlook.

Quest. I’m on a quest for a better life. I want to find a better balance between work and home. I want to have a great life for Nathan and myself and our kids. I guess it’s going to be a lifelong quest to get it right.

Resilient. I have come back from quite a few knocks in my life, including receiving the shock of two life-long diagnoses for my son. Sometimes it can be all too much but I know I have the ability to carry on – giving up is not an option.

Stressed. I will always stress. It’s in my DNA. It’s not good for me and I know that. However I have to accept that it is a part of me and learn to manage it rather than fight it and stress myself even more.

Three Little Bears. They are everything to me. Gilbert, Matilda and Delilah. I’m so proud to be their mum. So very, very proud x

Untidy. I used to be THE tidiest person – never a piece of paper out of place. But now I am the self-confessed filler of surfaces in my family. The kitchen table, island and dining table are usually full of papers and junk. MY junk. I am so ashamed…

Vertically Challenged. I’m a short arse. At a mere 155 cms tall it won’t be long until my older kids look down on me. At least I have some hope that Delilah won’t surpass me for a while, if at all – so far she takes after me in the height stakes 😉

Writing. It’s what I love to do. I’m not the best writer in the world but it fills a hole in my soul. I’ve sorely missed writing regularly here. Especially the hard stuff. But the mojo and the energy and the drive will return – stay tuned.

Xmas. I love xmas. I love the carols, the decorations, the spirit of giving and, of course, the presents. My dream is to have a white xmas with the kids one day, together with a real xmas tree and snow. It really is the best time of the year!

Yes. I still say yes way too much. I am trying to be more firm but I like helping people and my natural default is to say yes to everything. Now don’t think that’s an invitation for a free-for-all from you lot, okay?

Zeal. I tend to put my all into everything I do. Possibly one of the reasons I had a brain meltdown. There is no point in not giving your all to everything but I am learning to pull back a little on my natural zeal.

So that’s the A to Z of me – what does your personal alphabet look like?

The Rules…

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – what’s the hardest thing you’ve ever had to do?

1. Lydia C. Lee says:

Good for you saying – Amazing straight off the bat. We don’t do enough of that, in my opinion, and we often don’t really believe what we are capable of.
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..Alphabet of Authors

You are right Lydia – that’s part of the reason I started off that way. All my life I’ve struggled with my self-confidence and self-esteem. It’s a relief to truly understand that I am great and actually believe it. Pity it took nearly 40 years to come to that conclusion though!

2. Me says:

I LOVE finding out more about my bloggy friends. Thank you so much for sharing and first up from me -you definitely are an amazing lady !!!!
    Have the best week !
    Me
    Me recently posted..Things I Know

3. Interested to learn you’re only 155cm tall (what’s that in feet and inches?). I’m 163cm tall – about 5ft 4 which feels just right to me. However Miss 17 towers over me (173cm at last measure) and regularly asks me how I like being so short??!!! Mind you I feel like a giantess next to my stepmum, who would barely hit 5ft!
    Janet @ Middle Aged Mama recently posted..I’m Sew Excited: I made a leather look skirt!

4. I loved reading more about you. I’m a big dag too, and as far as I’m concerned it is the biggest and best compliment to be given.
    Sarah from Creating Contentment recently posted..ignore unconstructive hurtful commentary

Thanks Sarah – I loved reading yours too. Being a dag is a way of life, isn’t it? I’m too old now to change, so I’ve learned to embrace it!

5. I really enjoyed reading all this nice positivity K – and some new things about you also. That you’re a lovely short ass! One of my best mates at uni was exactly 5ft, we looked quite a sight side by side as I was almost a foot taller than her! x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Three signs you’ve got enough kids – Laugh Linkup

6. Emily says:

Love your list. Started with a bang and kept a smile on my face. I love writing filling your soul. Beautiful.
    Emily recently posted..We didn’t start the mummy wars

Thanks Emily – I don’t know where I’d be without writing – possibly even more insane than I possibly am now!

7. Hi Kirsty, I have come across your blog via Tegan @ Musings of the Misguided, and just wanted to say how great it looks 🙂 I am a shy-ish blogger, never seem to blog often enough, but attempting to change this! I love how positive your A-Z list is 🙂 Would like to join up with your linky but am a bit unsure? I don’t want to ‘gate-crash’ lol 🙂
    Chantell@MissUnderstood recently posted..Surviving the slippery slide of anxiety…just!!

Come on in Chantelle – there is no such thing as gate crashing here! Feel free to link up or just read and comment if that’s more comfortable – just because I’m an over-sharer doesn’t mean everyone is!

8. ann says:

Great positive list Kirsty!!
    ann recently posted..a-z of me

9. Tegan says:

Love your A-Z and you are definitely amazing!
    Tegan recently posted..A-Z of Misguided Muser

10. I made it! Mr C has returned from sea but I also put myself in social media and blogging time out. Going on recent posts this possibly should have happened much sooner. Onwards and upwards from here on in.
    Mystery Case helper recently posted..A Mystery Case Confession | The M Factor

You really are amazing, Kirsty. I’m always genuinely amazed by people like yourself who can manage with three children and a job while still keeping up with their blog. I can’t seem to do so even without a job, so once again I’m late to the party. Sigh. Love your list. xo
    Ness recently posted..The A – Z Of Me

12. Grace says:

From one short arse to another – WE ROCK!!!
    You beat me though…by 1 cm 🙂
    Grace recently posted..FYBF – The Scorned Woman Edition

13. Denise says:

I’m also a short arse and a little on the untidy side I must admit. Great list, made me smile 🙂
    Denise recently posted..In the spotlight: Author of the Lotus War trilogy, Jay Kristoff

Wow, what a great list and I have learnt so much about you! I was surprised to read your height! haha..don’t know why but I pictured you taller for some reason!
    Zita recently posted..to confess the hardest thing I’ve ever done

1. June 16, 2014