I Must Confess…I’m not good at taking chances
This week’s prompt is one of those where I’ve set it more for you guys than for me. So I’m relying on you to come through and share the biggest chances you have taken in your life because I cannot fill the void this time around.
I must admit I laughed a little at myself when I set it – I haven’t taken a chance in my life!
Borrowing from my kids’ vocabulary, I really am a scaredy cat. Borrowing a phrase from work, my appetite for risk is pretty much zero.
I present to you some evidence to support the above statements:
- I live 30 mins from my place of birth. And I have no plans to make a move away anytime soon.
- I have only had one real boyfriend in my life – I now call him “husband”.
- I’ve only ever had two jobs and I’ve worked at one of them now for nearly 20 years – more than half of my life…
I struggle to take chances in everyday life. I will pretty much always order a chicken dish when dining out, even though I wish I had the courage to try something new like salmon. And I’m too scared of a potentially bad result to mess around too much with my hair.
It’s clear that I like playing it safe.
But is that truly a bad thing? Sure, I may not have opened myself up to a lot of experiences in my life but you can also look at my choices in a different way.
Maybe my instincts have been so good that they have led me to exactly where I wanted and needed to be in my life?
Perhaps, I just know when I’m onto a good thing and have the courage to stick to it?
Who knows. In the end it’s all about perspective, isn’t it?
So, have you actually taken a leap of faith? Has it been a roaring success or an abject failure?
Help me out – linkup and join in with the fun of I Must Confess!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.