I Must Confess…things that make me weak at the knees
I have to confess I love the prompt for this week. It is very much open to interpretation and has the potential to be a whole lot of fun.
There are many things that make me weak at the knees – for both positive and negative reasons. For instance:
- I have blogged before about my insane fear of mountains which makes my knees weak with terror
- My knees also grow weak with the joy of listening to beautiful and inspiring music
- Being loved by my wonderful husband also makes my knees weak with love
- The continuing progress of my son despite all obstacles makes my knees grow weak with pride
- My knees also often go weak with exhaustion when I tend to do too much…
Today I am weak at the knees for a completely different reason.
Delilah. My baby, my last child, is four today.
Like most parents, I’m in awe at how fast the time has gone.
I still remember shaking in terror before I delivered her via planned caesarean section. I was so scared of the operation itself that I literally forgot the reason for having it. It wasn’t until she was placed in my arms that my terror subsided and was replaced by an overwhelming sense of love and affection. She was perfect (as all babies are!)
Luckily she was an easy and placid baby and found her place in our chaotic family in no time at all. She even weaved an anxious Gilbert under her spell – a spell he is still under to this day!
As she has grown, her playful, cheeky, happy and forceful personality has shone through. She is far more independent than either of her siblings ever were, which has been a interesting ride for us. I know her indomitable spirit will take her far, as will her caring and compassionate nature.
Delilah is a joy. Yes, she can be stubborn and difficult to deal with at times but more often than not she is a little girl, with a passion for life and a fierce spirit to match. A girl with a big imagination and endless inspiration for play. A little sister full of love for her big brother who has come to depend on her for companionship and for her big sister whom she looks up to and adores.
My inquisitive little bear at Carter Observatory, Wellington, New Zealand
Happy 4th birthday Delilah Bear! You do literally make me weak at the knees at times – I would not have it any other way!
What makes you weak at the knees?
You know what to do!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Next week’s prompt – share stories of your hometown. Where did you come from? What does your hometown mean to you?