I’ve been thinking a lot about gratitude and giving thanks recently, very apt for today’s Thankful Thursday post.
At work I have been undertaking a resilience course where one of the strategies to improve personal resilience is to practice being thankful every day. It makes sense – appreciating what you have makes you feel better and therefore increases your ability to deal with the stress of everyday life.
If you don’t believe me, check out this powerful video below:
So I want to commit to being thankful everyday. For me. To help me better manage my life and become more happy and more resilient. I suspect I’ll need all the help I can get for my return to normal life next week…
I thought about using one of the many apps available to record gratitude like Gratitude Journal 365, Thankful or Live Happy but I want to be accountable and make a public pledge to see this through. Using an individual app would not fit this purpose.
Instead, my plan is to share a thankful every day on social media from Monday with the aim of putting them together for a thankful post every Thursday. If that doesn’t make me happier and lead to greater resilience, I don’t know what will!
And feel free to chase me up if I am not thankful – I have a feeling it’s going to be tough some days to find the jewels of life amid the dirt and rubbish….
This week, I am thankful for so many things, big and small:
- for having a caring and supportive husband who is my rock
- for the opportunity to spend some wonderful one-on-one time with him
- for the chance to rediscover the joy of the ocean and swimming in the sea
- for being able to recognise and rediscover the beauty of my hometown
- for all the messages from friends and family asking after my health and well being – I feel blessed to have so much support
- for the flowers and chocolates I received from my work colleagues
- for having my mum here – nothing compares to having your mum around to look after you!
- for a lovely soul at school making a loom band and gifting this to my son who wore it proudly home yesterday.
Linking up Ms Thankful herself, Rhianna, for Thankful Thursday.
What are YOU thankful for today?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.