I Must Confess…March Tales

Hiya everyone! Wishing you all a positive start to the week ahead. I know I’m hoping I can actually make it to work for a full day this week after three weeks away – let’s see how I go with that ๐Ÿ˜‰

I wanted to make it a little easier this week with the prompt to link up a post from March 2013. First, you’re always winning when you don’t have to write up something new for a link up, aren’t you? Second, I was interested to see how things have changed for us (or not) during the last year.

March Tales

Last March we were still planning on building a house; deciding whether to stay in our rental house or find somewhere cheaper; feverishly planning our son’s 9th birthday party; I was struggling at work and finding it hard to be everything to everyone.

Twelve months later we are living in a house we bought after selling our land; have survived our son’s 10th birthday party and I’m still struggling with work and being everything to everyone.

As much as some things change, some other things just stay the same….

So feel free to link up a post from last March so we can see how far you have come…or not, as in my case! If you have been blogging for less than twelve months feel free to link up a more recent post instead. Or, take plan C where you can link up any confession that you like.

The choice is yours – get to it!

The Rulesโ€ฆ

I Must Confess

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, weโ€™re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love โ€“ it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – confess to the popular movies or novels that you should have seen/read but actually haven’t (e.g. I have never seen Dirty Dancing – I know, shock/horror!)

1. Lydia C. Lee says:

Good luck with work – hope you are able to manage being back on your feet (so to speak). Take it easy, and rest at lunch if you can….
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..A lovely little thought for the day

Thanks Lydia. It’s been so far so good, except for today as I’m home with a sick Gilbert. I at least made it there two days in a row…

Oh I know what you mean Kirsty! I feel like not much has changed at all… Makes me a bit sad actually…
    (I am gobsmacked you haven’t seen Dirty Dancing!!! It was on TV on Saturday night!! Love that movie!)
    Zita recently posted..for a look back

I started watching it on Saturday night but it was on too late for me to watch it all. I at least finally saw Hairspray!

3. Nathan says:

You will be fine ay work Today, I know it! Just don’t push yourself too hard, and take a break if you need it!
    Nathan recently posted..My Fear of Labels

Thanks my darling. As you know Monday was a bit surreal but yesterday was so much better after I got to speak to my manager and was offered more support than I could have ever imagined. Fingers crossed I can do this!

4. Mystery Case says:

Good luck with work, I think the universe might be sending you a message to slow down. My new man story continues. I’m trying hard to remember back to this time last year…. but I will go looking for a blog post just out of curiosity.

Have a great week. I ended up working out how to use my Paul’s Voucher online and so you are now the proud sponsor of my May 5km Color Rad Run, as far as footwear goes. Of course after twelve months of no exercise (due to health) this may literally be the end of my knees. Will have to wait and see ๐Ÿ™‚
    Mystery Case recently posted..A Mystery Case Confession | My New Man… the story continues

Maybe I can send some small My Home Truths stickers for your shoes!!! And I agree, I am definitely being told to slow down, big time…

5. All the best for you week ahead lovely, I know you can do, baby steps, there’s no rush just one step after the other. And be kind to yourself, try not to worry if things at home don’t get done etc. Thanks for linky! Last year I was still at my wits’ end in regards to my boisterous boys, had just had my daughter’s big 5th party which I hosted 18 kids! This year a more civilised 6 went to a place and got pampered! Thanks for linky x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Why pouring milk down the sink is great for your mental health

Thanks Em. It’s hard for someone like me (i.e. a control freak) to let go and slow down but I am trying to take baby steps. I am organising a gardener, will be working less days in the office and am trying to look after myself better. It’s hard but I’ll get there. Thanks for being one of the best commenters in the linkup – I don’t know where you find the time but you are an awesome linkerupperer Em!

Hope it all goes well for you with the working week and that you find some quiet moments just for you as well. It must be a nice feeling to be settled in your new home after all the uncertainty a year ago, so that’s a good thing. xo
    Ness recently posted..Hospital Tales

Thanks Ness, it is a relief not to have to have to worry about that anymore. Now I’m just stressing over the upkeep of the house – we need a gardening expert and lawn mower man and a cleaner stat!

7. Aroha says:

I remember when you were looking at house designs and all the hoops you were having to jump through and the general nightmare that whole “building” thing was. I’m so glad you found a beautiful home ready and waiting for you! not only have you survived your son’s 10th birthday, but an overseas trip as well! It’s been a big year!
    Aroha recently posted..Chores I Hate

It was a nightmare Aroha – I’m so pleased we have left all that behind. And you’re right, it has been a big year for us – we have so much to be thankful for x

8. Gee this will be interesting. I know for a fact that my writing and what I write about has changed and similar to you, in the past twelve months, we have sold our old house, downsized and bought an old cottage, our son has turned two and lots of other exciting things!
    Eva @ The Multitasking Mummy recently posted..A Baby Shower Fit For a Little Princess #MummyMondays

Sounds like we have both had huge years Eva – hope the rest of 2014 is a fantastic one for you and your family x

9. Gee this will be interesting. I know for a fact that my writing and what I write about has changed and similar to you, in the past twelve months, we have sold our old house, downsized and bought an old cottage, our son has turned two and lots of other exciting things! My post that I’ve linked up talks about selling our old home and going to another…

10. It was so interesting going back and ready my old posts for this link up. This time last year I was only 5 months pregnant, oh how life has changed!

Good luck at work ๐Ÿ™‚
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..Introducing Treasures nappies to Australia

Life has changed so much for you Toni in the last year! That’s why I wanted to set this prompt as we don;t always have the chance to go back and revisit what we have written and what we have experienced. Thanks so much for linking up!

11. Jaz says:

I’m with Em, baby steps – good luck!!
    I’m being a piggy and linking two posts because I couldn’t decide which one to share – lucky one is just photos!

12. Good luck at work! I linked a new post but I wrote one about exactly the same thing around this time last year which becomes clear when you read the post! Happy to have made it here ๐Ÿ™‚
    Pinky Poinker recently posted..Pinky the Drama Queen!

13. lisa says:

Best of luck this week Kirsty…also just letting you know it has been interesting reading Nathan’s blog and your blog simultaneously-learnig some real home truths haha-I take my hat off to you both for taking this new lifestyle on board….thanks for hosting again-I know it is a huge commitment in blogger land x

I’m so proud of Nathan’s blog and the honesty he is putting into every single post. It has been hard for me to read some of the early ones but it’s been good for him to get his thoughts out there. Let’s hope we can achieve the lifestyle change we are aiming for!

14. Tegan says:

I hope your first day today went well. If not, tomorrow is a new day xx
    Tegan recently posted..A Life of Ritual

Thanks Tegan. Monday was a strange day but Tuesday was better. Alas today, I’m at home with a sick Gilbert – hoping to get back in there tomorrow!