I Must Confess…I Need Help!

Howdy. Yes, it’s Monday and yes, it’s time for another confession. Don’t pretend you’re not excited by that!

And this week’s confession is juicier than normal.

The prompt I set for this week was “if you could outsource any part of your life, what would it be?”

I could have gone with “everything” but that would be cheating, even if it does reflect how overwhelmed I’m feeling right now. Besides, the more I think about it, the less sense it seems to outsource my work, as paying someone else to do the job that I am paid to do is sort of defeating the whole purpose of working, isn’t it?

However, I am leading by example this week and confessing why I need to outsource my housework and my gardening.

Exhibit A: My house

The photos below paint a not so pretty picture of how much help I need around the house right now….

IMG_2886

IMG_2888

IMG_2891

IMG_2894

IMG_2895 Pretty horrifying, isn’t it?

Exhibit B: My garden

Again, some damning photos showing the less than ideal state of my gardens.

IMG_2898

IMG_2900

IMG_2902

IMG_2905

IMG_2903

Now my question to you – if I can only outsource one of these areas, which one do you think I should pay someone else to do for me? I can mount a convincing case for both of them but there’s no way I can afford to outsource both. Sadly, I probably can’t afford to outsource anything right now but a girl can dream, can’t she?

So do you vote house or garden? I’m very interested to see what you think.

Oh, and don’t forget to link up your own post. Feel free to share your own outsourcing dream or any other confession you care to share.

The Rules…

My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – which actor would you like to be ” you” in the movie of your life – what would you call it? Thanks again to Lisa from Mummy Manifesto for this fun prompt!

1. Ahh wouldn’t it be nice. I need to out source someone to fix my blog and make it look super hot, I have NO clue how to do anything but write… and maybe add a widget but that’s about it. Isn’t housework the pits? x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..I must confess that today will be a scary day for our son.

I would pick Gardening over Housework any day of the week!!! (ok except maybe when it’s raining outside! but even then I would find something, anything else over Housework!!!)
    Zita recently posted..to outsource..

Yeah, I’m the same when it comes to housework – it’s just that I have so much garden to keep on top of! My fault for buying a big house on a big block!!!

3. Your house looks like mine! I say outsource the cleaning, I am super good at ignoring the garden but if the house gets in a state I get stressed!
    Emma Fahy Davis recently posted..10 Reasons I’m Not A Domestic Goddess

4. Rhianna says:

The housework for sure and without a doubt. Fairies like to live in unkept gardens you see so if it were all nice and tidy they would want to live there! Sending lots of fairy wishes and butterfly kisses your way lovely xx
    Rhianna recently posted..Things I Know About Being Grumpy and Growly

5. Mystery Case says:

Well I’m guessing having someone in to clean will only create work for you because you will feel the need to clean before they arrive. Gardening would be my pick because at least you can have a huge overhaul and then leave it be for the most part over winter.
    Mystery Case recently posted..Outsourcing My Life | A Mystery Case Confession

Outsource the housework! Definitely. Having said that, it really doesn’t look that bad. At least you can still see some of the floor. It’s a good day if you’re not a candidate for an episode of Hoarders: Buried Alive, right? At least that’s what I tell myself. Ahem…
    Ness recently posted..The Stuff I Would Outsource

That’s a great way to look at it Ness! And housework looks like it’s winning the outsourcing war so that may be the way I go…eventually!

7. I would choose to get help with the garden. There is a reason kids’ bedrooms have doors – so you can CLOSE them and not have to look at the mess! Believe me I know, Miss 17’s room is atrocious and I have given up nagging or helping her to clean it.

As for the “common” areas, set the whole family a speed challenge (this is what we used to do when the kids were little). Walk them through the house, pointing out mess and things that need to be picked up and put away. Then set the oven time for 5 or 10 minutes and challenge them to get it done in that time (Mum & Dad too) – it’s AMAZING what you can achieve together!
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted..PBEvent: too expensive or a sound investment?

8. Oh and one of these days I will REMEMBER to update my comment details to my new blog name – just goes to show I’m not real bright first thing on a Monday morning 😉
    Janet @ Middle Aged Mama recently posted..PBEvent: too expensive or a sound investment?

9. Reggi says:

Definitely outsource the garden. Not a fan of dirt and wriggly worms and bugs. Besides it will take a while for the garden to grow again. Whereas the housework will be messy again any time of the day. Good luck!!!!

You have hit the nail on the head when it comes to the never-ending war on the housework…I’m over it!

10. Jaz says:

I agree with Reggi, outsource the garden because the results will last longer and the house gets trashed in two seconds anyway. When we were a bit more flush we would a gardener to do our lawns and tidy up, neither my hubby or I are garden friendly.

We’ve had a lawn mower man before and it was a good investment but he’s retired now (sadly) so I would need someone to do weeding as well. Will have to keep thinking about that one…

11. I would outsource the garden – but I have a great distaste for lawnmowers and whippersnippers (which rarely start first or second go in my experience).

In case it inspires you, we have just tackled both the inside and outside problems at our place and it wasn’t as painful as the procratination beforehand. I can assure you that a toy cull does wonders for tidying the interior – obviously, it must be conducted under the cloak of darkness to avoid underage protestors!
    Ed @ The Tunnel recently posted..Queensland government objects to mining objections

A toy cull is definitely on the cards – just have to arrange for that cloak of darkness so we can slash and burn, undisturbed!

12. Aroha says:

Well I don’t have a garden, living in a unit, so I need someone to do all the housework for me And yes, I cheated and went and outsourced ALL the stuff. Including my paid job. So I could just do all the fun things 🙂 ha ha ha!
    Aroha recently posted..Barely Afloat

I often dream about cloning myself so I can do everything. I would obviously be the “fun” clone that doesn’t have to do any of the work!

13. Laura-kim says:

I would outsource the garden. I battled with the house until I decluttered and then I make sure that the kitchen is clean before I go to bed and the toys in the lounge packed away. It makes the day a little easier but it does feel like all I do is clear up toys and clothes.

I have no interest in gardening so doing that would require not only effort but motivation.

Very true Laura-kim. I actually enjoy gardening when I get into it but if the day is too hot or rainy or sticky, etc, then I won’t go out there. Which severely limits those occasions when it is comfortable enough for me to make the effort and just do it!

14. I would go with housework because it needs to be done more often 🙂
    Toni @ Finding Myself Young recently posted..How daily life has changed since having a baby

I think that’s what gets to me the most Toni – as soon as you are finished you have to do it all over again. It’s quite relentless, isn’t it?

15. Tegan says:

I would outsource the housework. I know when I have a reasonably clean house I feel more calm. It’s nice to wake up in the morning to clean house.
    Tegan recently posted..Outsourcing the Mind