Has it REALLY been ten years…
Since I first met you?
Since my world changed forever?
Ten years ago…
- John Howard was Prime Minister
- Ian Thorpe was in the headlines for being disqualified from the Olympic trials
- Jetstar was launched
- Jennifer Hawkins won Miss Universe
- Mary Donaldson became Crown Princess Mary of Denmark
- OutKast’s “Hey Ya!”, Shannon Noll’s “What About Me?” and Britney Spear’s “Toxic” ruled the charts
- Burke’s Backyard ended it’s long run while Peppa Pig debuted in Australia
…and a naive pair of expectant parents welcomed you into the world after an eventful labour and delivery.
Sorry for poor quality photo of a photo!
To my big boy, Gilbert,
HAPPY TENTH BIRTHDAY!!!!!
You are the most interesting, entertaining, infuriating, intelligent and inquisitive boy I have ever met. You forever amaze me with the force of your determination as well as the force of your personality.
I am grateful every day for having you in my life and for the privilege of being your mother.
I love you to bits. Never ever forget that x
May your next decade be even more amazing than the last!
Celebrating this rather big milestone by linking up with Grace for FYBF!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.