I Must Confess…My Life Right Now

In the words of The Bangles…”it’s just another manic Monday.”

Manic Monday

image source

But while it means we have to get kids off to school, ourselves off to work and the house in some sort of order after the weekend, it doesn’t mean we can’t start the week off with no fun.

No sirree. That’s where I Must Confess comes in!

It’s your weekly chance to get something off your chest, have a laugh, share the load and join in with our awesome community of confessors. It really is a load of fun 🙂

This week’s prompt was inspired by the summer of sport that has just ended. A month’s worth of wall-to-wall tennis, cricket and everything else that could be televised.

For some, it’s heaven. For others, well it can be hell. For me, I can take or leave the cricket but I could watch tennis endlessly. But that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone really and it’s not really a worthy confession.

So, that’s why I’ve decided to share some confessions from my life right now instead.

1. I was daunted by having to cover 21 books for my two eldest kids but I was proud of how they turned out. They were not all perfect but they were pretty good for someone who is not crafty in the slightest!

IMG_2812

2. Although I’m being slammed at work at the moment (too much to do, never enough time or resources, etc) I am really enjoying my job. I have taken on a management role again in a time of change and I’m excited to have a role in setting the direction of my team. Plus, I’m finally confident in my ability to manage and take charge. That assertiveness training might have actually paid off!

busyHappy

image source

3. I’m looking at new horizons with the blog and will be trying my hand at some sponsored posts. I’m looking forward to the challenge of crafting posts that align with my values and showcase brands that I feel aligned to. I must confess I’m not in it so much for the money but I am interested in challenging myself and creating some lasting relationships with like-minded businesses. I hope you can come along with me on this journey x

New Horizons

image source

4. Friday night saw a huge milestone for the blog. My Home Truths reached 100,000 all-time page views! Woohoo!

100,000 screenshot 1

100,000 screenshot 2

I’m ecstatic that the place that I’ve created here has come so far from it’s humble beginnings back in January 2011. Thanks to each and every one of you for being there, reading, commenting and being so supportive!

Thank-You-word-cloud-1024x791

image source

5. Last, but not least, the winner of the $30 Paul’s Warehouse voucher from last week’s I Must Confess is Ms Mystery Case herself, Raychael Case who had me at “ER” in her “toy story” response! Congratulations Raych, I’ll be in touch to get the voucher out to you.

So a mixed bag of a confession this week from me. What do you have to share?

The Rules…

My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – what does your partner, spouse or family think of your blog? Thanks to Lisa from Mummy Manifesto for this prompt!

1. Lydia C. Lee says:

Not just another manic Monday, it’s Superbowl Sunday Monday!! 4 hours of fab action (and lots of breaks).
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..Conversations over Coffee – My Best Friend

I’d forgotten about the Superbowl. I’m sorry, I do not have the patience for that game – the stopping and starting and teams going off and on, nah, not my bag…but having said that, I hope you enjoyed it Lydia!

2. Lydia C. Lee says:

and good for you on the sponsored posts. Good luck!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..Conversations over Coffee – My Best Friend

3. Mystery Case says:

I can’t even remember what I ended up writing. I will have to go and have a look but woo hoo my week is already off to a good start. Well missy, I actually stayed on prompt this week and it was painful and enlightening and rather too much like a session on the couch.

I’m all over next week’s prompt. Now can I suggest we tackle lunch box treats and actually interview our kids about how much they throw out, what they actually like and if going OTT is winning any real medals either on the home front or in the playground.

That is all 🙂
    Mystery Case recently posted..I must confess I’m not a good sport

Wow – we can certainly investigate lunch box treats although I already know I’m not winning any medals in that area! I’ll email you later tonight to get your details for the voucher – first I have my monthly craft night out!

4. Mystery Case says:

Also you are doing so well on the blog front. We hit the 200,000 unique visits just after Christmas but only have 5k comments. I need to either look at my commenting app or find a more engaged audience.

Well done on your blogging achievements.
    Mystery Case recently posted..I must confess I’m not a good sport

• Well done on the 100,000 (and indeed on Raychael’s 200,000). The Tunnel hopes to reach those figures some time next decade!

Thanks for hosting this linkup. If blogging was a sport – and why isn’t it? – I’d be cheering for you every week.
      Ed @ The Tunnel recently posted..Campbell Newman more popular than Facebook

Ed, thanks for that endorsement. Maybe if blogging was a sport I’d be the one with a heart as big as Phar Lap’s…I can imagine Bruce McAveney calling it now… 😉

Thanks Raych – wow, 200K is amazing! I know what you mean about the comments. I join in with linkups where I can and have finally found my “tribe” so that has helped engagement. Also, I suspect half of my total are my comments back to people so I guess they don’t really count 😉

I love your book coverings! (am such a teacher sometimes..lol..)
    Also look forward to following the journey you and your blog go on this year!
    Zita recently posted..for new TV shows!

Thanks Zita – I was quietly happy with the covering too, although it was a very tedious job… So happy that you’ll stick too around while I try things out!

6. Woohoo, 100K! Great work! I’m linking up an oldie today and it’s more of a brag than a confession 😉
    Emma Fahy Davis recently posted..The Problem With Making Breastfeeding Mandatory

Thanks Emma! And there is no problem linking up something old or having a brag here and there – I look forward to checking it out!

7. I started my post today with a song reference too! It’s not about sport though – I loathe sport and am a complete and utter klutz. Congrats on reaching 100000!!! And I’ll definitely stick around to see how you go with sponsored posts. Personally, I enjoy the challenge of creating non-boring sponsored posts 🙂
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted..Summer Wardrobe Update

This lazy bogan is back…

Congrats on the new role at work, the sponsored posts and hitting 100,000 views! All very well deserved! xo
    Ness recently posted..Sport Makes Me Snooze

9. Jules says:

Congrats on cracking the 100K views milestone & congrats on covering those books. My 2 start school next year & that’s one thing I’m not looking forward to doing.
    Jules recently posted..I Must Confess… I am a Sports Nut

Thanks Jules. You know, you can buy plastic covers if you want to avoid the whole covering books thing but, of course, they were not good enough for my kids so I had to do it old school…good luck for next year!

10. lisa says:

I like AFl, tennis and most sports but hate cricket-So boring to watch.Congrats on taking on sponsored posts. Very excited you are using my prompt next week x
    lisa recently posted..Day 3: Talking about Self-Love: A Confession

I loved your post suggestions Lisa – expect to see more of them in the weeks to come! I’m just spent as far as ideas go so it’s great to have some new ones to share with everyone.

11. Tegan says:

Awesome job on the 100k! Good luck with the sponsored posts too.
    Tegan recently posted..Sport Filled Life

Thanks Tegan. It certainly won’t be a huge part of the blog but since I’ve never really actively done anything like this before, it did worry me what people would think. Definitely looking forward to challenging myself a bit more!

12. Nice work covering those books. I have to confess that book covering is actually something I am looking forward to when my time comes. I was the freak that loved doing it, much to my mother’s relief, I was happy to do all my own and my younger sisters as well!
    Kylez @ A Study in Contradictions recently posted..Sporting Sista!

Have you ever thought of setting up your own business Kylez? I’m thinking you could have a winning plan there, considering all those out there who loathe covering books!

13. Gawee says:

Woo hoo, go you with the book covering and the 100k visits. (Mental note to self: Kirsty is super good at book covering if ever books require covering.)

As for work, I’m feeling your pain and don’t doubt yourself there – you do very good work and are held in high regard.

Looking forward to seeing the next chapter with your blog Kirsty.

G. xx
    Gawee recently posted..Confessions of an elite athlete

I have to confess I carefully placed the books so the few that didn’t look quite so good, were not at the top! I blame the steady consumption of cider as I covered them for that, but all in all, it was a good first effort. As for work, I’m trying to be zen this year and take it as it comes. Not the easiest approach for a natural worrier like me, but I don’t want to go back to where I was last year. We will need to meet up for lunch or morning tea soon!

14. I must confess, I have been watching a heck of a lot of cricket this summer. NZ has finally found some form and it’s been exciting for our little country!!! I enjoyed reading this xo
    Deb – An Inspirational Journey recently posted..Four weeks on.

15. Alicia says:

Congrats, that must be an awesome feeling to have 100 thousand views xx
    Alicia recently posted..Imagination

16. Kirsty, I’m late but huge congratulations on your blog stats, that is fabulous!!
    I was such a Bangles fan, back in the day x