I Must Confess…My Life Right Now
In the words of The Bangles…”it’s just another manic Monday.”
But while it means we have to get kids off to school, ourselves off to work and the house in some sort of order after the weekend, it doesn’t mean we can’t start the week off with no fun.
No sirree. That’s where I Must Confess comes in!
It’s your weekly chance to get something off your chest, have a laugh, share the load and join in with our awesome community of confessors. It really is a load of fun 🙂
This week’s prompt was inspired by the summer of sport that has just ended. A month’s worth of wall-to-wall tennis, cricket and everything else that could be televised.
For some, it’s heaven. For others, well it can be hell. For me, I can take or leave the cricket but I could watch tennis endlessly. But that shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone really and it’s not really a worthy confession.
So, that’s why I’ve decided to share some confessions from my life right now instead.
1. I was daunted by having to cover 21 books for my two eldest kids but I was proud of how they turned out. They were not all perfect but they were pretty good for someone who is not crafty in the slightest!
2. Although I’m being slammed at work at the moment (too much to do, never enough time or resources, etc) I am really enjoying my job. I have taken on a management role again in a time of change and I’m excited to have a role in setting the direction of my team. Plus, I’m finally confident in my ability to manage and take charge. That assertiveness training might have actually paid off!
3. I’m looking at new horizons with the blog and will be trying my hand at some sponsored posts. I’m looking forward to the challenge of crafting posts that align with my values and showcase brands that I feel aligned to. I must confess I’m not in it so much for the money but I am interested in challenging myself and creating some lasting relationships with like-minded businesses. I hope you can come along with me on this journey x
4. Friday night saw a huge milestone for the blog. My Home Truths reached 100,000 all-time page views! Woohoo!
I’m ecstatic that the place that I’ve created here has come so far from it’s humble beginnings back in January 2011. Thanks to each and every one of you for being there, reading, commenting and being so supportive!
5. Last, but not least, the winner of the $30 Paul’s Warehouse voucher from last week’s I Must Confess is Ms Mystery Case herself, Raychael Case who had me at “ER” in her “toy story” response! Congratulations Raych, I’ll be in touch to get the voucher out to you.
So a mixed bag of a confession this week from me. What do you have to share?
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Next week’s prompt – what does your partner, spouse or family think of your blog? Thanks to Lisa from Mummy Manifesto for this prompt!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.