Things I Know
It’s been AGES since I wrote a things I know post so I thought it was high time I joined in again and shared what I know right now.
- I know I have been able to write for other blogs (have you checked out yesterday’s guest post over at Champagne Cartel yet?) but not for my own. Seriously, what’s with that?
- I had the most emotional and amazing time at the opening ceremony of the Special Olympics last weekend. It was humbling to see the joy and pride of the athletes as they entered the stadium. It was a wake-up call to me – it reminded me to celebrate ability instead of concentrating on disability.
- I’m beyond excited at the thought I don’t have to make ANY lunches for today. Thanks to an excursion, a work Xmas lunch, school end-of-year parties and a beach preschool party, I don’t have to prepare a thing. #winning
- I still haven’t sold my car and it is seriously starting to annoy me. Apart from the money being very handy in the lead up to Christmas and our upcoming holiday we just don’t need 3 cars! Please, someone, buy my car!
- I’m excited to see my Mum and Dad down for a visit after my Dad’s health scare last month. He’s still not 100% but it’s great to see him well enough to venture away from home for a few days.
- I still have Christmas shopping to complete. Understandably I am not at all looking forward to joining the hoards at the local shopping centres over the next couple of weeks…wish me luck my friends!
- I’m currently alternating between pride and exasperation with my children. On the one hand, I’m so very proud of how far they have come this year and that their efforts are being recognised. But exasperated on the other at some of their choices as we head into the last part of the year.
- I am looking forward to finishing up work on the 20th and having 3 weeks away from the workplace. It’s just the break that I need to recharge and regroup.
- I can’t wait to board the plane to New Zealand at the end of the year. I am nowhere near ready to go but I’m excited to take the kids overseas for the very first time – North Island, here we come!
- I’m salivating at the thought of Mexican for our Xmas lunch today!
I think that is pretty much all I know right now. What do you know this week?