I Must Confess…Timey-Wimey Stuff

A big welcome again to I Must Confess, the linkup where we can all take a deep breath and prepare to bare our souls in front of other caring and sharing fellow over-sharers!

This week’s confession prompt is all about time – good times, bad times, being on time, being perpetually late, not having enough time for yourself or the things you do to make time.

wibbly-wobbly-timey-wimey-stuff-4

image source

Talking about time and “timey-wimey” stuff, I must confess that I’m still buzzing from the 50th anniversary episode of Doctor Who that screened yesterday morning. I admit I did set the alarm early to watch it as it was simulcast live around the world and I managed to get up and showered in time to watch it live.

Which is a bit of a miracle as I’m not exactly known for being on time.

While I love Doctor Who and am fascinated by the whole notion of time travel, in reality I have a truly problematic relationship with time, in all it’s forms.

I’m often late, struggling to get myself and three children ready for work and for school in a timely fashion each morning. I’ve lost my ability to work out how much time to set aside to get ready so I find myself almost always late to everything. I must confess that I hate being late.

I have trouble finding time for myself. Between working 5 days a week, housework, kid wrangling and everything else that is thrown at me, I’m too exhausted to even begin to think about scraping out a few minutes for myself. It just seems a little too hard, to be worth the extra effort.

I’m in dire need of a good time. Going to my school reunion a few weeks back was good for my soul and I need to recapture those feelings of joy and fun and happiness again. I didn’t realise how much I had missed them – I think I need to make a greater attempt at being social.

I need to take my time and stop rushing. I need to savour each moment instead of just marking time until the next commitment or task.

Can I just say, that I think a lot of my issues here would be solved very easily by having a TARDIS of my own? That would be a whole lot easier than adressing the root cause of my issues with time. Which is me. Sigh.

TARDIS

image source

What are your thoughts on time? Do you have a better relationship with time than I do? Could you benefit from a TARDIS? Or even better the assistance of a doctor?

You know what to do!

The Rules…

My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – share how you really, truly feel about Christmas!

1. Lydia C. Lee says:

I think we all learnt an important lesson from Alice in Wonderland about the importance of having a good relationship with time…that must always be remembered. Or we get stuck!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..Time

I will need to reacquaint myself with Alice – it’s been years since I last read that classic. Thanks for the reminder Lydia!

Yes there never does seem to be enough time and it always seems to be the things we love that we stop doing first! 🙁 why is that??
    Zita recently posted..to talk about good times..

3. Oh to have a tardis, I could be so lucky. Do you love the Time Traveller’s Wife? Bet book ever and movie isn’t bad either. I’m trying so hard to be better at time planning, but just fail miserably so often 🙁 Good luck trying to reclaim some of yours x
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Why you should go to a high tea with a hangover!

I just can’t seem to get it together, however hard I try Em. It grates on me as I used to be so organised – it’s a bitter pill to swallow in some ways, being on the other side of the fence now!

4. My hubster is the one in our family that is permanently running late – for work, for church, for pretty much anything. It drives me bonkers, because then he wants me to run around and help him get organised! I am SO not a last minute girl. I often think of that saying: “Your lack of organisation does not constitute my emergency” or something like that anyways!!!
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted..The Terrible Truth about my Milo Addiction

5. Mystery Case says:

Well I wasn’t sure I would have time to make the confessional party this week, but a little intervention which saw me needing to put my feet up yesterday afternoon came into play.

I still feel like I’m only just at the party with a rather quickly put together blog post but it is a start.
    Mystery Case recently posted..It’s Time for a confession…..

6. Rhianna says:

I am not known for being on time either, she say’s as she links this post up way later than planned. I never really got the whole Doctor Who thing. Thanks for hosting lovely and hope you have a fantastic weekend
    Rhianna recently posted..I must confess I had a rather perfect time this weekend

I’m glad I’m not the only one who is on the tardy side Rhi! I must admit, I was never into Doctor Who either until the last few years but it really is worth another look…thanks for linking up again my friend!

7. Tegan says:

I hate running late. It sends my anxiety through the roof. Which is why I am usually 10 minutes early to everything..which then drives my anxiety up further because I have to wait for people to turn up and all of the ‘omg I’ve been stood up’ thoughts go rushing through my head!
    Tegan recently posted..Time Standing Still

8. ann says:

Even if i had a tardis there woul not be enough time!

9. I love the concept of time travel too! I am super impressed that you work five days a week with three kids AND author this awesome blog. Love your new profile pic too. I’m joining in the ‘I Must Confess’ blog hop today for the first time. I know I’m late … guess time and I don’t have a very good relationship either!
    Lizzy – Muddle-Headed Mamma recently posted..Time for some blogging confessions

Thanks so much for joining in. There’s no concept of late with this link-up – that’s why I leave it open all week!

1. November 25, 2013

[…] Linking up with Kirsty for I must confess! […]

2. November 30, 2013

[…] Lani on Nov 30, 2013 • 9:01 PM No Comments Linking up with My Home Truths for some timeliness. It’s time… For Lara’s immunisations. Actually she had them […]