I Must Confess…5 Things That Make Me Happy

Another week, another confession. How about that then?

As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve continued to be rather quiet on the blog. All the usual stuff going on behind the scenes that has left me lacking in time, inspiration, motivation and opportunity. Tiredness is a constant companion these days as is that other “best friend” of mine, guilt.

Being busy and stressed and worried can bring you down so it’s timely that the prompt for this week is confessing to those things that are guaranteed to lift your spirits and keep you going.

Just-be-happy

image source

Today I’m sharing 5 things that are guaranteed to put me in a good mood. I’m looking forward to reading about yours too!

1. Emma Approved. You may remember my obsession earlier this year with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries? Well, Hank and Bernie, the creative minds behind the first groundbreaking Jane Austen web-series adaptation, are back with their latest project, Emma Approved.

This time around, Jane Austen’s Emma is the literary inspiration of choice and so far we have been presented with a truly modern Emma – professional match-maker, life coach and fashionista. I’m really enjoying it so far and can totally recommend it if you are looking for something new to get into.

2. Kirsty Time. I have been trying to be more proactive in finding some time just for me. I’ve started going for 30 min morning walks again, I’ve enjoyed some catch up with friends and I’ve joined a crafter’s group who meet up on the first Monday of each month.

My next focus is to finally find a class that suits the crazy timetable of my life to indulge in some regular weekly fitness. That would be just perfect – I just need to arrange around work and school and the kids to find a time that isn’t 10 pm at night – wish me luck!

3. Conversations with my kids. I always come away from real conversations with my kids with a smile on my face. It could also be a sense of relief that we didn’t have to resort to shouting or screaming during our interaction too! Seriously, I love what they come out with – I am forever surprised by their thoughts on everything around them.

I love hearing about Gilbert’s plan to sell photos of himself to his friends to raise money for us to pay off the house. I enjoy listening to Matilda talking about her love of archaeology and animals and finding a real, live fossil at school. And I adore Delilah’s stories about everything she gets up to at her imaginary Grandma’s house, especially getting chocolate for breakfast every day!

4. My favourites music playlist. I have 238 songs in my favourites playlist in my iTunes library and I love every single one of them. They are guaranteed to distract me from my troubles and transport me to a place where I can sing at the top of my lungs and dance it all out. Never underestimate the power of music, particularly music that sings to your soul.

5. Sitting on my back deck. These days just grabbing a few minutes of solitude on the back deck and taking in my beautiful green view is the perfect pick-me-up. I love listening to the birds conversing with each other in the trees. I enjoy watching the rustling of leaves and the swaying of branches. I long to feel the kiss of a fresh, cool breeze on my face. I find my back deck a soothing, reinvigorating and inspiring place to recharge amid the busyness of the everyday.

2013-08-10 08.54.34

What is guaranteed to make you happy? What are your go-to pick me ups? You know what to do!

The Rulesโ€ฆ

My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, weโ€™re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love โ€“ it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – share your shortest post (based on word count)

1. Mystery Case says:

Thanks for the Emma headsup, looking forward to ‘casing’ that one. If only I’d know about it this weekend, it might have saved my family some OCD spring cleaning grief.
    Mystery Case recently posted..Disconnect to Reconnect and Making the Connection

Hahaha! Emma Approved is only 8 or so episodes in, early days yet, I think it has pretty good promise but not sure whether anything can match up to LBD!

2. Lydia C. Lee says:

I’m with you on music – really can change your mood!
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..List of places I want to visit…

3. Lydia C. Lee says:

link up not working?
    Lydia C. Lee recently posted..List of places I want to visit…

4. I love watching my children draw, play and laugh together!! Sorry I got mixed up with link subject ๐Ÿ™ silly me. Thanks for linky though xx
    Emily @ Have A Laugh On Me recently posted..Iโ€™m sad to say that I never got to say goodbye

5. I’m with you on Number Five – there’s something so soothing about being able to gaze out at greenery. We have a back patio, and are just fixing up our courtyard area – great spots for a quiet cuppa, contemplation and conversation ๐Ÿ™‚
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted..Is it Easier to be Stylish in a Cool Climate?

6. Tegan says:

ahh the view looks awesome!
    Tegan recently posted..No Greetings for you

It is Tegan – that view and location sold me on the house (except for last week when we had fires not too far away – I was a teeny bit worried about the safety of my house then!)

7. Min says:

I completely understand how life can get sooo busy! I relate most to your number 5. I am constantly inspired and uplifted by nature ๐Ÿ™‚ xo
    Min recently posted..Angelina, Dad, 21 and Turf

Going for walks in the morning and just being out and about really does make me feel alive and more happy and content – glad to hear that you are inspired and uplifted by nature too!

Am thinking that perhaps I should have stayed on topic this week and tried to focus on what does make me happy! Love the idea of Kirsty time! Important to look after nuber one! Good luck finding that class…. so hard to try and co-ordinate everything..

9. I find chocolate perks me up. And listening to my favourite songs on my iphone. I need to put in practice your tip of going for a 30 minute walk. I always feel great after a good walk.
    Bec @ The Plumbette recently posted..Days when jobs fall through

10. Me says:

What a great quote – and so very true !
    I love having good conversations with K – although I don’t always come away with a smile on my face !!!!
    What a great view from your verandah – I would definitely enjoy sitting there with my book.
    Have the best day and thank you for the linky – glad I managed to make it !!!
    Me xox
    Me recently posted..I Must Confess : I Am Fussy

I’m glad you managed to make it too – sorry for my tardiness in getting back to you, this week has been rather eventful! ๐Ÿ˜‰

11. Rhianna says:

Such a busy time of the year isn’t it? I know I feel flat out as well and was just over at another blog where she was saying the same thing. I love the prompt for this week, sorry it has taken me so long to get around to joining in. Better late than never though ๐Ÿ˜‰ Have a fabulous weekend my dear
    Rhianna recently posted..Thankful Thursday

It’s crazy at the moment and it’s just going to get crazier as we get closer to Christmas… Thanks for joining in this week, I’m glad I got around to finally joining your thankful Thursday too!

12. ann says:

Music is my number 1 thing to make me happy!!