I Must Confess…5 Things That Make Me Happy
Another week, another confession. How about that then?
As you’ve probably noticed, I’ve continued to be rather quiet on the blog. All the usual stuff going on behind the scenes that has left me lacking in time, inspiration, motivation and opportunity. Tiredness is a constant companion these days as is that other “best friend” of mine, guilt.
Being busy and stressed and worried can bring you down so it’s timely that the prompt for this week is confessing to those things that are guaranteed to lift your spirits and keep you going.
Today I’m sharing 5 things that are guaranteed to put me in a good mood. I’m looking forward to reading about yours too!
1. Emma Approved. You may remember my obsession earlier this year with The Lizzie Bennet Diaries? Well, Hank and Bernie, the creative minds behind the first groundbreaking Jane Austen web-series adaptation, are back with their latest project, Emma Approved.
This time around, Jane Austen’s Emma is the literary inspiration of choice and so far we have been presented with a truly modern Emma – professional match-maker, life coach and fashionista. I’m really enjoying it so far and can totally recommend it if you are looking for something new to get into.
2. Kirsty Time. I have been trying to be more proactive in finding some time just for me. I’ve started going for 30 min morning walks again, I’ve enjoyed some catch up with friends and I’ve joined a crafter’s group who meet up on the first Monday of each month.
My next focus is to finally find a class that suits the crazy timetable of my life to indulge in some regular weekly fitness. That would be just perfect – I just need to arrange around work and school and the kids to find a time that isn’t 10 pm at night – wish me luck!
3. Conversations with my kids. I always come away from real conversations with my kids with a smile on my face. It could also be a sense of relief that we didn’t have to resort to shouting or screaming during our interaction too! Seriously, I love what they come out with – I am forever surprised by their thoughts on everything around them.
I love hearing about Gilbert’s plan to sell photos of himself to his friends to raise money for us to pay off the house. I enjoy listening to Matilda talking about her love of archaeology and animals and finding a real, live fossil at school. And I adore Delilah’s stories about everything she gets up to at her imaginary Grandma’s house, especially getting chocolate for breakfast every day!
4. My favourites music playlist. I have 238 songs in my favourites playlist in my iTunes library and I love every single one of them. They are guaranteed to distract me from my troubles and transport me to a place where I can sing at the top of my lungs and dance it all out. Never underestimate the power of music, particularly music that sings to your soul.
5. Sitting on my back deck. These days just grabbing a few minutes of solitude on the back deck and taking in my beautiful green view is the perfect pick-me-up. I love listening to the birds conversing with each other in the trees. I enjoy watching the rustling of leaves and the swaying of branches. I long to feel the kiss of a fresh, cool breeze on my face. I find my back deck a soothing, reinvigorating and inspiring place to recharge amid the busyness of the everyday.
What is guaranteed to make you happy? What are your go-to pick me ups? You know what to do!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Next week’s prompt – share your shortest post (based on word count)
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.