I Must Confess…I’m Full of Wisdom & Advice!
Well that was a full-on week – so busy and full-on that I only managed to publish one single post!
We had a birthday and subsequent party to organise and hold. There was lots on at work for both Nathan and myself and the usual run around for school and after school activities. Not to mention the bushfires that besieged Newcastle on Wednesday…
In the end it was just a plain old tiring and exhausting and stressful week. And I was very glad to see the back of it.
Unfortunately, we are now nearly in November and the run down to Christmas is already looking hectic. I think I’m going to just have to get used to being busy for a while yet. So while I’ll try to keep up with the blog there may be more weeks when a confession is about all you’ll get from me.
However, who knows, maybe you’ll be lucky and receive some wisdom and advice on occasion too. I’m full of wisdom and advice and history shows that I love to share it with anyone who will listen!
Here’s some bits of wisdom and advice you can have as a freebie this week:
- Make sure you have a bushfire survival plan. Even if you think you don’t need one. Especially if you live in the suburbs within a kilometre of any sort of bushland or reserve. Believe me, you may need it one day.
- If you are coeliac, try to avoid glutening yourself by absentmindedly licking your fingers after making the kids’ lunches. Your bowels will not thank you for your moment of forgetfulness.
- A car won’t just sell itself. Half-heartedly advertising it on Facebook and mentioning it in passing to your friends also won’t get you a sale. Painful as it may be, paying to advertise it may be your only option.
- Kids at a birthday party won’t touch the fruit skewers if there is even the merest hint of chocolate or confectionery nearby. But I’m sure you didn’t need me to tell you that…
So this week, go ahead and share your posts full of wisdom and advice – I am ready to be educated!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!
Next week’s prompt – confess to what truly makes you happy and lifts your spirits. What are your go-to’s when you are sad or down?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.