I Must Confess…My Biggest Regret

Welcome ‘truthers for another week of confessions and revelations – Mondays just come around all too quickly these days!

In the spirit of confessing you can link up your own confession or you can write to the weekly prompt. This week’s prompt asks you to share your biggest regret.

Is there something you always wanted to do but never have?

Is there an action or inaction that you’d love to go back in time to change?

Do you wish you had have done things differently or acted in a different way?

I share my biggest regret in the vlog below. BTW it may have been slightly illegal to have vlogged while driving, although I’m not whether there is an actual law or not against that…

As always, feel free to link up an old or new confession. It doesn’t have to relate to the prompt, it just serves as a helping hand if you want to take the plunge but have nothing of your own to confess.

Sadly, I always seem to have something to confess….over to you guys to make me feel a little less alone!

The Rules…

My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

– We’re always open to suggestions for the weekly prompt!

Next week’s prompt – link up your most controversial post!

1. Mystery Case says:

Well you learn something new each week. I spent more than a few years in Maitland and we still have a house there which we are hoping to travel back to in the next year and do up to sell.

Before we moved here to Perth we were in Salamander Bay.

Looking forward to seeing many more vlogs from you, driving and otherwise.
    Mystery Case recently posted..I’m going to REGRET this!

2. Rhianna says:

Oh I love the vlog, though there is a part of me that wants to tell you off for doing it while your were driving! Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely. Oh and for the record I am still in my hometown as well. Travelling is not something I have ever felt the need for either
    Rhianna recently posted..Voting Day 2013

Glad I’m not the only one who never strayed too far from home Rhi – I really am happy with the life I have, it’s not all bad to be close to home!

3. Eek you were filming while you were driving!
    Be safe vlogging!

4. Me says:

So glad I could link in today !!! I’m with you, I also regret not living and working overseas before settling down. I don’t count changing countries as living and working in another country !!!

I love the sound of your voice – it isn’t what I imagined you would sound like – you have a beautiful voice !!!

Thanks for hosting – have the best week !
    Me
    PS – not sure you should be making a vlog while driving – very glad you didn’t have an accident although I did wonder when your phone first fell !!!!!!
    Me recently posted..I Must Confess

I’m so pleased you were able to link up too – and thanks for the lovely comments about my voice, I hate hearing myself (I think everyone does, don’t they?)

5. Regrets … it’s hard for me to define any regrets because I wouldn’t be the person I am today without the path my life has taken, mistakes, regrets, and all.

Part of me wishes I had been braver and travelled more when I was young and single, but realistically, I know I wasn’t in the right place at that time, so I’m looking forward to making up for lost time with the hubster now our kids are almost off our hands!
    Janet @ Redland City Living recently posted..54 Reasons Why I’m Nervous about the Problogger Conference

6. The beauty of your vlog was that I could listen along to it whilst doing some work at the computer. (Okay, I have stopped being productive now by leaving a comment!)

And yes, the driving is controversial but that’s what a good blog post will often be. In addition, a literary critic would highlight that the travelling motif reinforces your desire (dare one say “drive”?) to move and travel from now on. Splendid.
    Ed @ The Tunnel recently posted..“It’s not over yet”: Labor focuses energy on September 14 election

You give me way more credit for the accidental motifs you describe than I deserve – but it did all work together in the end. Although I do promise never to vlog and drive again, possibly not the smartest thing I have ever done…

7. Min says:

Great Vlog Kirsty! How did you do that whilst driving? You are clever! You are not alone with the fact that you haven’t travelled. It’s my biggest regret too…tho I can live with it and I hope to travel in the future. I have had one visit to Singapore to visit my sister and we honeymooned at Norfolk Island (a long time ago) which required a passport! It would have been nice to have travelled and worked overseas…while I was single and free (no kids etc) but I hope to still travel and experience other cultures. I’m sure you will too. I think this is the first time I’ve linked up? Many thanks! Min
    Min recently posted..Namaste

I did it on a whim Min – I just set my phone to record in it’s holder (although it kept falling over…) and just started yabbing on. The hardest part about vlogs is the editing and loading up at the end – I rarely have enough patience for all that! Thanks so much for linking up – I hope you can be a part of this again soon!

8. OMG Kirsty, I am so glad that VLOGGING WHILE DRIVING didn’t’ become your biggest regret!!! 😉 I did go and live in another country – for 11 years! And I often wonder where I’d be if I’d stayed at home!! x Aroha
    Aroha @ Colours of Sunset recently posted..I Must Confess : Regrets

9. Great post! Except that you scared the bejesus out of me at the start when I thought you crashed!
    I’m very much the same as you, travel. I’ve never been overseas and do wish I had but I know one day we will, both with and with out the kids!
    Certainly most of my regrets are of things I didn’t do, as the saying tells us! We live and learn though and have even this year made a lot of changes to ensure less regrets in the future 🙂
    Katrina Bennetts recently posted..Why it’s important to be nice to people in business.

I didn’t realise it looked so bad when I loaded it up – sorry to anyone who may have been alarmed by my dodgy iphone holder! And good on you for making positive changes so there are less regrets in future – I hope there are many good times ahead for you and your family x

10. Tegan says:

I love watching bloggers vlogs because it’s so interesting hearing the voice behind the writing. I haven’t travelled much either but at the moment I am not really regretting it. I think if anything I am regretting that we are only having our first proper family holiday this week.
    Tegan recently posted..Regrets

I know exactly where you are coming from! I am the same, I don’t really regret the decisions I’ve made but I do wonder what if??
    So interesting to ‘hear’ you as opposed to ‘reading’ you!!
    Zita recently posted..to confess my biggest regret…

I loved hearing and seeing you talk (not sure about while driving, though. Eeeeek). I certainly regret the not travelling thing too. Maybe we’ll get there one day. We can still dream!
    Ness recently posted..The Buried Hopes Of A Bogan (Or Something)

There’s nothing really stopping us travelling now, if we want to save and plan, it just seems to be such a big gamble with kids who don’t like change! We’ll start with small trips and see how far we go from there – maybe we’ll both get there Ness!

13. Look at you – thrill seeker! Vlogging while driving! I think you’re right in that there is no law against it… just yet!
    I didn’t pack up and head overseas, and wonder about it sometimes, but at this point in time, it’s not something I regret. In time? Who knows?
    Bec | Mumma Tells recently posted..Through {Little} Big Eyes

The funny thing is Bec, I’m the complete opposite of a thrill seeker – I’m such a scaredy cat! It was a spur of the moment thing and didn’t feel too outrageous at the time, but I think I will ensure I am stationary and fully focused if I do happen to vlog again!