Warning: ranty post ahead.
I’m really beginning to be rather cheesed off with a number of things lately.
I know, how can sweet little old me be cheesed off with anything?
Well, I’m not sure whether it’s because my tolerance levels are low (i.e. non-existent) or whether things really are getting worse as time goes on (most probably). But I really, really feel highly annoyed at the moment and I need to just put these things out there and get them off my chest.
1. Drivers clearly ignorant of the road rules. I’m sick and tired of tools on the road who think they rule the world. Over the last few weeks I have nearly been involved in a number of accidents due to drivers not allowing me to merge into their lane even though my vehicle is ahead of theirs. I can even quote the road rules about this:
A driver in a line of traffic that is merging with one or more lines of traffic travelling in the same direction as the driver must give way to a vehicle in another line of traffic if any part of the vehicle is ahead of the driver’s vehicle. (NSW Road Rules).
IT’S NOT A RACE PEOPLE. Be nice and let other drivers in. And while you’re at it, stop being tools on the road.
2. Free-to-air TV’s non coverage of the US Tennis Open. Free-to-air tennis coverage gets worse every year. Sure the Australian Open coverage is fantastic and Wimbledon is adequate, but it’s like the commercial stations have forgotten that there are actually two other majors on during the year.
I would love to watch some of the current major underway, but it looks like it’s not to be. I must say this is the one month of the year that I really feel like I’m missing out but not subscribing to Pay TV!
3. Crappy hot chocolates from McCafes. I had the WORST hot chocolate in history today at a local McCafe. It was bitter and had a disturbing after taste – it was horrid. Unfortunately it’s not the only time I’ve experienced a sub-standard beverage there. I wonder whether their recent bid to improve their coffee has come at the cost of their chocolate?
Why should we non-coffee drinkers have to suffer through crap? After working and escorting kids to after-school activities, surely it’s not too much to ask to be able to savour a good hot chocolate? Surely?
4. Stupid self-assembled chairs with incomprehensible and stupid instructions. I lost the plot putting together a chair earlier this week. Look, I’m an intelligent creature who doesn’t mind assembling the odd piece of furniture but this process was simply painful.
The instructions still don’t make sense to me and I was so mad I had to leave it half done and come back to it the next day which probably made me even more mad. I’m still seething days later….stupid, stupid chair…
5. The polls pointing towards a Coalition win in the federal election tomorrow. I think this has made me the most ranty, of everything else, this week. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (that’s the beauty of democracy, after all) but I personally just can’t believe that we are going to go down that road.
It’s nothing personal. I probably dislike Rudd and Abbott equally. It’s the policies and intent that I just can’t stomach with the Coalition. While Labor is not the party it should be, I do support their general approach more than any other party.
I support gay marriage. I support increased school funding. I support better access to services for people with disabilities. I support a national broadband network. I support action on climate change.
I respect that others don’t share these views, that’s why I have tried not to push my own views too much on you all here. But I am deeply disappointed that it looks like we will have an incoming government that does not represent my own personal views.
Oh, and if you feel like joining me tomorrow night in drowning my election sorrows via Twitter, please do so. I’ll be tweeting via @KirstyRussell and will be using the ABC election hashtag. I like me some good election coverage, don’t you?
What’s cheesing you off right now? Let’s rant together, shall we?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.