I Must Confess…My Pet Peeves
Welcome to another round of confessions, secrets and revelations as part of the weekly I Must Confess linkup!
As you’ve probably worked out already, this linkup is all about making confessions. We do try to make it a little less daunting for first-timers by providing some easy prompts for you to write to and you do have the option of linking up a new or old post about any sort of confession that you like.
And everyone who takes part is lovely and non-judgmental and full of fun. So if you have been thinking about taking part for a while, but have been a little hesitant, c’mon, take the plunge – it really is a lot of fun to start your week off with!
I hope we are all ready for some rantiness this week as I suspect there will be a fair bit of ranting thanks to this week’s prompt, our pet peeves.
Pet peeves. We all have them. They are the little things that get under our guard and make us want to scream. Every single time.
Here are my top 5 pet peeves – can’t wait to hear about yours!
1. Poor grammar – I know I am not a saint when it comes to spelling and grammar on the blog but I do try my best to get it right and it honestly sh*ts me when others just don’t seem to try at all. The following meme pretty much sums up my main peeves when it comes to poor grammar and spelling:
2. McDonald’s overfilled cups of tea – Despite asking for a white tea each time, I always seem to receive a cup that is full of hot water, leaving no room at all for milk. Oh, and I only ever get offered 1 tiny capsule of milk. People, my idea of white tea is enough room in the cup left over for water, together with at least 2 milk capsules. That’s why it’s called WHITE tea.
3. Incompetent parking – I really can’t understand the complete ineptitude of commuters who simply cannot park their cars properly. How hard is it to check how far you are from the curb or from the driveway in front of you before locking up and walking away? Or check that you are actually inside the lines at shopping centres? Oh, the times I wish I had have had one of these cards to place on the windscreens of offending vehicles…
4. Cigarette smoke – After growing up with parents who both smoked, one of my biggest pet peeves is the smell of cigarette smoke. I absolutely can’t stand it. It sickens me to the stomach whenever I get a whiff of it, especially when I’m with my kids or subjected to smoke in an area designated for kids. Ugh.
5. Telemarketers & door-to-door salespeople – Honestly, I HATE being contacted out of the blue by people claiming to have better energy prices or informing me that my computer has a virus or wanting to give me tax breaks as a home owner. And I detest it when I am then treated as an idiot for turning down their “amazing” offer. Seriously, if I want to save money I will do my own research and contact providers myself. On my own terms. Do NOT contact me, I will contact you (not).
What really ticks you off? What are the little things that get you hot under the collar? Or do you have something else you need to get off your chest? Either way, you are in the right place!
– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
Next week’s prompt – c’mon,we’ve all had them – confess to your most embarrassing moments!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.