I Must Confess…My Pet Peeves

Welcome to another round of confessions, secrets and revelations as part of the weekly I Must Confess linkup!

As you’ve probably worked out already, this linkup is all about making confessions. We do try to make it a little less daunting for first-timers by providing some easy prompts for you to write to and you do have the option of linking up a new or old post about any sort of confession that you like.

And everyone who takes part is lovely and non-judgmental and full of fun. So if you have been thinking about taking part for a while, but have been a little hesitant, c’mon, take the plunge – it really is a lot of fun to start your week off with!

I hope we are all ready for some rantiness this week as I suspect there will be a fair bit of ranting thanks to this week’s prompt, our pet peeves.

Pet Peevesimage source

Pet peeves. We all have them. They are the little things that get under our guard and make us want to scream. Every single time.

Here are my top 5 pet peeves – can’t wait to hear about yours!

1. Poor grammar – I know I am not a saint when it comes to spelling and grammar on the blog but I do try my best to get it right and it honestly sh*ts me when others just don’t seem to try at all. The following meme pretty much sums up my main peeves when it comes to poor grammar and spelling:Top_10_Grammar_Pet_Peeves

image source

2. McDonald’s overfilled cups of tea – Despite asking for a white tea each time, I always seem to receive a cup that is full of hot water, leaving no room at all for milk. Oh, and I only ever get offered 1 tiny capsule of milk. People, my idea of white tea is enough room in the cup left over for water, together with at least 2 milk capsules. That’s why it’s called WHITE tea.

McD_Coffee_Cupimage source

3. Incompetent parking – I really can’t understand the complete ineptitude of commuters who simply cannot park their cars properly. How hard is it to check how far you are from the curb or from the driveway in front of you before locking up and walking away? Or check that you are actually inside the lines at shopping centres? Oh, the times I wish I had have had one of these cards to  place on the windscreens of offending vehicles…

punishing-bad-parking-jobsimage source

4. Cigarette smoke – After growing up with parents who both smoked, one of my biggest pet peeves is the smell of cigarette smoke. I absolutely can’t stand it. It sickens me to the stomach whenever I get a whiff of it, especially when I’m with my kids or subjected to smoke in an area designated for kids. Ugh.

No smoking

image source

5. Telemarketers & door-to-door salespeople – Honestly, I HATE being contacted out of the blue by people claiming to have better energy prices or informing me that my computer has a virus or wanting to give me tax breaks as a home owner. And I detest it when I am then treated as an idiot for turning down their “amazing” offer. Seriously, if I want to save money I will do my own research and contact providers myself. On my own terms. Do NOT contact me, I will contact you (not).

Telemarketerimage source

What really ticks you off? What are the little things that get you hot under the collar? Or do you have something else you need to get off your chest? Either way, you are in the right place!

The Rules…

I must confess with My Home Truths

– I Must Confess is a link up that runs every Monday and remains live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

Next week’s prompt – c’mon,we’ve all had them – confess to your most embarrassing moments!

1. Lydia c lee says:

Guilty on effects & affects – and struggle with its. (it just seems to be asking for an apostrophe!)
    The car parking does me head in, especially if a small car takes up 2 spots!!
    Lydia c lee recently posted..eBay City Roller

Effects and affects can be tricky – I can certainly forgive that more easily than the misuse of there, their and they’re – that sends me absolutely bonkers!

2. SawHole says:

Bigots and homophones drive me nuts. Also this little girl who bullies my daughter makes me stubby.

Bullies of any age make me mad – I’m completely with you there SawHole. That actually is less a pet peeve than a real cause for anger – I hope the bullying of your daughter is resolved soon.

3. Jo Tracey says:

Pretty well, everything you said!
    Jo Tracey recently posted..Friday Five: 5 reasons why I use Scrivener…

4. Mystery Case says:

Couldn’t agree more! I actually haven’t even attempted a post so far. I’ve needed some time out and wasn’t sure addressing my pet peeves would help. I may attempt something later today.

Next week’s topic has me thinking and cringing. 🙂

Raych xx
    Mystery Case recently posted..It’s her birthday and I’ll blog if I want to……..

Loved your post – quite an understandable peeve too. Next week will be uncomfortable for all concerned, but if we are talking confessions, we have to get the the embarrassing bits sometime!

5. Tegan says:

I admit I get affect and effect mixed up. My fast food pet peeve is when they only half fill the chips. If I wanted a small chips I wouldn’t have paid fora large!
    Tegan recently posted..I must confess…I have no idea what I am doing

I agree Tegan. I should also add that it annoys me when they miss an item from an order – they always seem to miss out on the sauce which seems to always send my boy into meltdown. I’ve become an expert at checking the orders properly before moving away from the counter!

6. Janet says:

Yes yes YES to 1 and especially 2! I get teased because I have a lot of “white” in my white tea – that’s because I like to drink it straight away, not wait half an hour for it to cool down peoples!
    Janet recently posted..10 Pet Peeves

Exactly Janet – why can’t people get that concept? I also cringe when I pay $3 or $4 for a white tea just to get a tea bag dumped into a cup. Not cool…

7. Jacana says:

My pet grammar peeve …… using i as lower case when talking about oneself.
    Jacana recently posted..Music on Money Monday

Yes – how freaking annoying is that? Thank goodness I kept my list to 5, it seems I could have gone on forever with this prompt!

8. I agree wholeheartedly with ALL of these – the smoke one especially, hate it when my kids are subjected to it! I think those cards are classic – you should get some printed! 🙂
    Emily @ Have a laugh on me recently posted..The movies – a place where you can undo your pants and enjoy two hours of pleasure!

9. Mystery Case says:

Post done and dusted and may or may not tick more than a few people off with it! So be it. Promise to pop back here tonight and touch base with everyone that has linked up!
    Mystery Case recently posted..I must confess….. you are probably not going to like this post!

oh my! yours could just as easily be mine as well!!!! LOL…. I hate the grammar and spelling as well! Especially when businesses have things spelt wrong on their signs!!
    Zita recently posted..to confess my pet peeves!

That annoys me too Zita – especially as they have obviously invested money in having them done – why wouldn’t you proof read them before paying for them??? Crazy…

11. Miss Cinders says:

LMAO LOVE the cards! Too funny!

You gave me the chance to rid myself of some annoyances that have been eating at me lately! I feel much better after blogging them out!

Hope you’ve had a great day lovely!

MC x
    Miss Cinders recently posted..i must confess – pet peeves

I’m glad I was able to help out MC! I find confessing helps me start the week off better plus it panders to my pathological need to overshare!!!! BTW I enjoyed a nice quiet day at home, just what I needed. Hope your week is a good one too.

12. Shari says:

Oh Kirsty, I do hear you with these. In my former life I was an English teacher and so dealing with poor grammar was a job hazard! I’ve become more forgiving but share your peeve when no care is taken at all it is SO annoying!!! I think we should get a bulk run of those cards printed LOL!
    Thanks for hosting another great link up! x
    Shari recently posted..What cheeses me off!!

Thanks Shari. The cards are gold – I think they would be VERY popular if made available to the general public!

13. Lisa says:

I totally agree, especially numbers 4&5! I also hate litterbugs,and rude people. I am off to think of some embarrassing moments in my life for next week.
    Lisa recently posted..Facebook Over-Sharers

14. Jen Hale says:

I must confess I double checked the spelling of my blog before I posted. Ha! I hate cigarette smoke…it’s sooooo disgusting. Parking….I second that! Great post.

Thanks Jen! And it doesn’t seem to matter how many times I double check the spelling or grammar on a post, something gets through. Here’s to the pot calling the kettle black!! 😉

One of my biggest pet peeves atm is when life interferes with my blogging and not only do I not get around to linking up but haven’t read all the posts. Hmph.

I also must confess that I’m really crap at parking and I love my tea with only a drop of milk.

Totally with you on the poor grammar,cigarette smoke and telemarketers, however. Hopefully I’ll get around to linking up, otherwise I’ll be back next week. xo
    Ness recently posted..When I Was 21

Real life has a lot to answer for Ness – it’s severely messing around with my blogging mojo lately too and as for commenting, I’ve been VERY slack in that department. Don’t worry if things don’t work out this week, I’ll still be here next week and the weeks after that…!

1. June 10, 2013

[…] up with the gorgeous Kirsty @ My Home Truths, for some seriously annoying home truths […]

2. June 11, 2013

[…] My Home Truths weekly confessional is giving us the opportunity this week to get our personal peeve list off our collective chests. […]

3. June 11, 2013

[…] I am rather hurriedly linking up with IBOT at Essentially Jess and I Must Confess at My Home […]

4. October 6, 2014

[…] writing this post as we link up with Kirsty (not Kristy.. a little pet peeve private joke) from My Home Truths for another blogging confessional where we look at pet peeves and what makes us ropeable. Why […]