Thank God for Holidays!

I have to confess I am hanging out for holidays. REALLY hanging out.

200292204-001

image source

I’m only having a week away from work but I’ll take every moment.  A break away from everything is just what I need after a HUGE start to the year.

And apart from a quick trip away to visit my parents I have absolutely nothing planned.

It’s going to be good.

Except for the part where my kids will want to be entertained.

Now, I’m not really complaining about that as I haven’t been able to spend much time with them lately and I’m looking forward to some quality time with my three little bears. Who doesn’t want to play “Mummy Snake, Baby Snake,” or watch episodes of Ninjago or learn more about Skylanders and Minecraft?

But I would like to balance things out so I can get my chill time in between play time. Without resorting to alcohol or anything more drastic…

Luckily for me, the wonderful folk at Disney on Ice have sent me some activity sheets to keep the kids occupied for those much needed, quiet mummy moments. And because I am such a nice soul, I’m going to share them with you as well!

Colouring-in Activity

Maze Activity

More Colouring-in Fun

Disney on Ice will be touring again this year with their new show Disney on Ice presents Princesses & Heroes and I personally can’t wait. I suspect I enjoy the spectacle more than my kids do – it’s just a pity the show won’t hit town these holidays to keep us all amused!

DOI2013-character-logo-1

Disney on Ice presents Princesses & Heroes will be in Newcastle, at the Newcastle Entertainment Centre, from 20 – 23 June 2013 and I’m very pleased to share that you will have the chance to win tickets to check out the spectacle for yourself.

Look out for more information in May but if you can’t wait until then you can book now through Ticketek by phoning 4921 2121 or by going to www.ticketek.com.au/disneyonice.

So, now that’s all sorted – what suggestions do you have to help me balance play time with mummy time these holidays?

Seeking advice via Grace’s flog and Miss Cinder’s linky.

fybf

smom-things-i-know-meme

Disclaimer – I have not been offered monetary compensation to run this promotion and giveaway however I have been offered complimentary tickets to one of the Newcastle shows.

1. Mystery Case says:

Have a great trip. I’m no good for advice, my girls are too easy it’s usually me jumping up and down saying “I want to do something”.
    Mystery Case recently posted..Appreciating the Beauty!

2. oooh enjoy! A book? iPod with some music? getting out for a walk on your own? a coffee and a trashy mag? Hope you find that balance of kid time, you time, hubby time and enjoy every second of your week off! I’m hanging for holidays too, but mine aren’t until July and I’ve only got 6 days off, but I’ll take it!!
    Aroha @ Colours of Sunset recently posted..Things I Know About The US

3. Enjoy! It’s the holiday’s where you have nothing planned that generally turnout to be the best ones of all. There is something blissfully appealing to me about the idea of having nothing to do! 🙂

4. Me says:

Any chance you could convince them on the merits of an afternoon nap ???????????? ?LOL
    I hope that you do get some ‘me’ time and have a break yourself.
    Have the best day !
    Me
    Me recently posted..Thankful Thursday

5. Rita says:

Enjoy your holiday Kirsty!

6. Unfortunately, we’ve been sick but doing a bit of catching up with old friends next week. Looking forward to it 🙂 Hope you have a lovely trip to see your parents.
    Kaz @ Melting Moments recently posted..Fly on by Friday – Anything goes linky – Time to get sociable

7. Grace says:

Enjoy the break! You so deserve it, Kirsty!
    Disney on Ice looks awesome. I’ll have to go and check it out for the twinlets!
    Grace recently posted..FYBF – The Mother Tongue

8. Mumabulous says:

Have you discovered your school’s vacation program? I have been sending P1 along on my work days. It is awesome. She gets far more out of it than she would with me. This week she’s been to Taronga Zoo, Manly Aquarium and participated in a Master Chef challenge.
    Mumabulous recently posted..Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell

9. Janet says:

Our kids went back to school this week – it’s weird how all the states are having their Easter break at different times this year!
    Janet recently posted..Message from Heaven

10. My daughter would love that show, she’s right into princesses at the moment. Enjoy your hols 🙂

11. Lisa Wood says:

Oh I so would love to see Disney on Ice! My kids would love it 🙂
    And yeah having Holidays (escaping from real life) is so nice. Sometimes I dream about getting on the next plane (to anywhere) and seeing a new country just for the fun of it.
    We haven’t explored Newcastle yet!

12. Wishing you a fantastic break, lots of peace, no stress and plenty of treats! You really really deserve it Kirst. Em x

13. Wishing you a fantastic break, lots of peace, no stress and plenty of treats! You really really deserve it Kirst. Em x