Musical Musings A to Z: G is for Garbage

And, no, that title is not ironic at all!

Currently in my regular Sunday Musical Musings posts, I am travelling through the alphabet, featuring one of my favourite artists each week. You can catch up on my previous posts here:

A is for Rick Astley

B is for Ben Folds Five

C is for Cake

D is for Doobie Brothers

E is for En Vogue and Eternal

F is for Aretha Franklin

This week we are up to G and I have chosen to feature Garbage, another alternative favourite from my 90’s Triple J days.

I love so much about this band. Shirley Manson’s vocals, the driving bass beats and the electronic vibe all come together to make some very, very catchy tunes. I’m featuring two of my favourites today – I hope they really get your Sunday going!

Push It

This is my favourite Garbage song. It is dancy, catchy and funky. I love it!

Stupid Girl

This is another classic from Garbage. Another driving bass beat and hypnotic melody combining to make a great pop tune.

Here’s to G for Garbage – make sure you come back next week to continue on my musical alphabet quest!

sunday sessions 125by125

As it’s Sunday, I am linking up with Cate from Life Behind the Purple Door for the Sunday Session – go on and check out the other music posts linked up there this week!

1. I loved their first LP – bought it on double vinyl when it came out. It still rocks.
    The Sound and the Fury Podcast recently posted..Little Hornet!!!

2. Jo Tracey says:

My favourite Garbage song is #1 Crush. Love it.
    Jo Tracey recently posted..friday five: accidental buddhas

3. cate says:

I thought I wouldn’t know “push it”, but I did, but I still like “stupid girl”, brings back memories of my twenties
    cate recently posted..sunday sesions | currently listening to

4. I love this band. So moody, but big sounds and very dance-able.
    xx

5. Rachel says:

Garbage was the first album I bought myself with money from my first job. When I met hubby that same year, he couldn’t believe I liked them cause he knew no one else but him who did. I can’t even pick a song because there are just too many great ones! Love your Sunday Sessions choice!
    Rachel recently posted..Sunday Sessions…Jedward & Pop Culture Critics

Thanks Rachel – they are such a great band. I love the connection you have with them and with your husband – very cool!

6. Mystery Case says:

Rick Astley and Garbage would definitely be on my list! Thanks for pointing me in the Sunday Sessions direction, kind of works with my theme song of the week Sunday.

Have a great week and looking forward to linking up for another blogging confessional tomorrow where I’m actually on topic.
    Mystery Case recently posted..Are you ready for this? Lady Perth is back in town!

I’m very glad to have been useful to you Raychael! Looking forward to catching up with you again tomorrow.