I Must Confess…My Bucket List
First of all, I must confess that I am so proud and happy at how the linkup is developing.
I’m loving the sense of cameraderie and fun that is growing each week as we learn more about each other.
I’m enjoying the sight of bloggers becoming regulars and I’m also excited to see newbies joining in too.
This is exactly how I envisioned I Must Confess to be and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you for helping to make it a reality. Thank you. You all rock!
Now, that I have got the mushy stuff out of the way, it’s time to confess what’s on our bucket lists.
I must confess I have never really had a bucket list as such. I’ve also never aspired to have a 30 before 30 list or a 40 before 40 list either, probably because I’m afraid I just won’t get around to doing the things that I want to do. There’s nothing more tiresome than setting a list that is too easy or too hard to achieve!
While I haven’t ever had a set bucket list I have had some dreams for some time that I hope to become a reality before I do kick the bucket. So these are going to become my bucket list for my confession today.
My Bucket List: Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. I want to learn the bass guitar. I really do want to rock out and play some of the funky bass lines that makes my soul sing whenever I hear them. I used to play the double bass in the school orchestra so I do have some experience in bringing the deep tones of the bass to life. In particular I want to play the bass line to this song – I just know I would totally rock this if I actually knew how to play the bass guitar!
2. I want to attend every Grand Slam tennis tournament around the world. I have already been to the Australian Open on two occasions but my dream is to get to Wimbledon, the French Open and the US Open as well. It seems as good an excuse as any for justifying an indulgent jaunt to Europe and the US, doesn’t it?
3. I want to be in a choir or musical theatre society. I was quite musical when I was younger and yearn to feel the power of music and melody pulsing through my veins again. When I have time and opportunity I would love to join a choir or join a musical theatre society. I would die of embarrassment at having to sing in front of others but I’m hoping it would fill a rather large creative hole in my soul and satisfy my latent desire to be a performer.
4. I want to have a dog of my own. I grew up in a dog family and loved the simple and loyal companionship that a dog can provide. Circumstance has prevented us from having a dog so far but I am hopeful that moving into our new house will see us finally in a position to become responsible dog owners. For the record, I would love a pug and a bulldog and I would call them Elvis and Daisy – seriously, how could you resist these gorgeous faces?
5. I want to make a difference in some way. This probably sounds really wanky but I do want to have made a difference to someone, somewhere, before I die. I want to know that my life mattered. Does that make sense? I don’t mean being famous or universally recognised, I mean making a mark on those who know me or love me. I would love to know that I have done something in some small way to make something better. Who knows if this is achievable or not but it is something I aspire to.
So that’s my bucket list. What’s on yours? Or do you have something else to confess to this week? I would love for you to join in if you have something to share. Sharing is caring, after all…
Eternal thanks to the wonderfully generous Rhianna from A Parenting Life for working out how to show the code for my button. Thanks Rhi, there is no way that my technologically challenged self would have ever worked that out on my own!
– I Must Confess is a link up that will be happening every Monday and will remain live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
Next week’s confession prompt – do you have a secret obsession or interest?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.