The Good, The Bad and WTF?
This week has been one of highs and lows, with a few WTF? moments thrown in for good measure. Would you like to know more? Okay then…
- I finally achieved lifetime membership at Weight Watchers yesterday. I have lost 12.6 kgs since July 2012 – I started out at 68.1 kgs and weighed in for the final time at 55.5kgs. I am very proud of how far I’ve come and excited that I was able to re-discover my long-lost willpower. Now the challenge of maintaining my weight-loss begins – but I’m totally up for that!
- Gilbert and Matilda both received awards from school for confidence this week. Gilbert even stayed long enough at assembly to receive it! I’m very proud of how both my munchkins have fared this year. I’m still waiting for the inevitable rebound (it’s not a matter of if, but when) but I’m hoping that when it happens it will pass as quickly as it comes.
- We received the initial tender for our new home which is definitely very promising and very close to what we wanted. There were a few things we needed to follow up on but we’re meeting with Beechwood again next week and hopefully we’ll be able to finally get going with the actual building bit!
- Our lease is coming to an end and we received notification this week that our rent is going to be increased and that the owners wanted us to sign another 12 month lease. It irked us as we are already paying an obscene amount in rent and we can’t commit to another 12 month lease due to the new house build. I hate being stuck in a corner with limited options (could we even find a place that would give us a 6 month lease?) but it looks like we’ll have to negotiate a 6 month lease and put up with paying more to secure the convenience of staying in the one spot.
And the wtf?
- We’re trying to save every penny at the moment while we are paying rent as well as the mortgage on our land, so I have started to park further away from work for free, rather than paying $5 a day for convenience. What I can’t understand is the complete ineptitude of commuters who simply cannot park their cars properly. How hard is it to check how far you are from the curb or from the driveway in front of you before locking up and walking away? I have lost count of the number of times I’ve seen potential parks if only the driver had bothered to move their car a little further along to make room for another. So very painful…
- While we’re on the subject of work, I’m still coming to terms with being a manager of other people. I am the most non-assertive person that I know so I will be as interested as anyone else to see how in heavens I can manage other people in the workplace. Seriously, some days, I can’t even manage my own children…
So that’s the good, the bad and the WTF? of my week – how has your week been?