Musical Musings – Historical Rap

I’m a bit down today. After 3 relaxing weeks off, I return to work tomorrow and I am not looking forward to it. Not in the slightest.

I’ve enjoyed having some time at home with the kids and not having to always go somewhere or do something – it’s been a nice change from the usual chaos of my life.

And I’ve also enjoyed the rare chance to immerse myself in another world. For instance I re-read Pride & Prejudice (again) and soaked up the latest episodes and transmedia goodness of The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I do love me some Jane Austen.

Returning to work (and the real world) tomorrow will be hard but I stumbled across this video during the week and just thinking about it brings a smile to my face.

So tomorrow, when faced with an inbox heaving from 3 weeks of neglect and whatever else will be thrown at me, I’ll be thinking of the Jane Austen/Downton Abbey rap!

Linking up with the Sunday Session hosted by Cass Can Sew.

SundaySession

I know I’ll be trying to eek as much of my Sunday out as I possibly can – I hope you guys have a good one too!

1. I’m a huge Jane Austen fan too Kirsty. Good luck back at work tomorrow.

Anne xx
    Anne @ Domesblissity recently posted..Sunday Session – Getting used to it

I’ve loved her ever since I was a teenager – love the books, the movies and all the adaptions, I love them all. Thanks for sending me a bit of luck for tomorrow too!

Another Austenite here. Ha ha, never seen that clip before.

Hope it isn’t too painful tomorrow. Enjoy your Sunday.x

Thanks Ness – I’m sure I’ll be alright when I get there but I’m really not looking forward to it. I hadn’t heard of this song either before I found it on the Socially Awkward Darcy facebook page (page devoted to the Lizzie Bennet Diaries). It reminded me of the musical parodies on Horrible Histories which are always lots of fun – I think my husband and I get a kick out of those more than the kids do!

3. Shelly says:

Funny! I’ve never watch Downton Abbey, although I hear it’s really good, and I’m yet to get around to Jane Austen. I’m only just gaining appreciation for that type of literature as I am currently reading Jane Eyre. It took me a while, but better late than never.
    Shelly recently posted..Sunday Session: Lanie Lane

You’ll love Jane Austen after reading Charlotte Bronte. The Brontes are heavy & dramatic while Austen is light and witty by comparison. I hope you do enjoy it once you try her and definitely take the time to watch Downton Abbey – even my husband likes it.

4. Trish says:

Hey I like this rap !
    Awesome find.
    Trish recently posted..Fear , love and beauty … The light that shines

I don’t often find fun songs so I was pretty excited to share this one and even more excited to find out tonight that the new series of Downton Abbey is back next week. That should help ease the shock of the return to work for me this week!

5. Rachel says:

That was good, although I don’t watch or read either of the two, it gave me a good chuckle.
    Rachel recently posted..Sunday Session: Jewels Greatest Hits

I think satirical songs are universal – this one reminds me of a lot of the parodies on Horrible Histories (one of my kids’ fav shows on ABC3). It doesn’t matter whether you understand the background of the song fully or not, it is still pretty funny!

6. Grace says:

Yes, I remember the night before work blues!!! Just take the day slowly and in your own stride. Try not to look at the clock too much! πŸ˜‰
    Grace recently posted..Facebook Lovin’ Sunday – 03/02

Thanks Grace. It doesn’t help that I have an infected tooth so I’m not feeling 100% anyway – my body always has impeccable timing!

7. Rolling down in my carriage my suitors on my mind – and the TB reference!!! LOVE IT.
    All the best Kirst – I hope it goes okay,
    Oh and I love your new FB pic, you look so much younger than the old one πŸ™‚
    Emily @ Have a laugh on me recently posted..Carving out a new identity for myself and knowing it won’t include a drunken 3-day music festival

It is funny isn’t it? The consumption reference in the 2nd chorus also tickled my funny bone. And thanks for your kind words about my avatar. As I’m inching ever closer to 40 it’s mice to know I look like I’m turning back the clock!

8. That’s so clever. Very funny.
    Hopefully you ease right back into work without pain tomorrow πŸ™‚

Thanks Simone. We’ll have to see whether I can get to work at all – I was treated for an infected tooth today and am feeling pretty ordinary right now. It seems my body is trying to take matters into it’s own hands!

9. Tina Gray says:

Love this! Good luck tomorrow πŸ™‚
    Tina Gray recently posted..Celtic Thunder does Wollongong 2013

10. Shari says:

Hope tomorrow isn’t too much of a shock to the system and that it’s a great day for you. This clip is a cracker!! x
    Shari recently posted..When Mum used to listen to cool music

11. Cassandra says:

Hahaha! Great parody. I really want to get into shows like that, but lately I keep finding myself falling asleep within the first 15 minutes :-/ I might have to buy the series instead.
    Hope you’re first week back at work wasn’t too bad xo
    Cassandra recently posted..Sunday Session #5 – The Valentine’s Day Edition…

Thanks Cass. I was a happy camper last night when the new series of Downton Abbey was finally shown on Aussie TV – I would definitely start with that one if you do decide to try something from that genre.