I Must Confess…My Taboo Topics
Well, last week was HUGE. Huge I tell you.
32 of you lovely people linked up – 32!
I have to say I loved reading your confessions and your first blog posts. It was a lot of fun and very illuminating too!
I hope you all had the chance to check some of them out and I thank everyone who took the effort to link up, many for the first time.
You guys rock!
While last week was all about your first blog post, this week’s prompt is all about the things you would never blog about. Even the most open blogger would have taboo topics that they would not tackle, it be on principle or due to disinterest or belief.
I have 5 taboo topics that I will never discuss on the blog. None of them are outrageous or surprising, but it might be handy for you to know about them. Besides, you can never know too much about a blogger, can you?
1. Identity of my kids: I will never publish identifiable photos of my children, nor their real names. I wrote a post a while back discussing the reasons for this stance but essentially I don’t want people to be able to Google them when they’re older and find a whole bunch of stuff that I had posted years before. As much as I would love to share their true awesomeness with you, it’s not going to happen.
2. Identification of my workplace: I will never go into much detail about my workplace. I have shared in the past that I work in the public service and, as such, there is a code of conduct and values that I must adhere to, which could be compromised if I shared more about the actual work that I do. Not to mention the fact that you’d all be bored senseless if I went on too much about my real world job!
3. Recipes: I can tell you right now that there will never be a recipe posted on this blog. If you’ve followed me long enough you will know that I am not of a culinary persuasion – I have no interest, patience or talent for cooking. If, by any reason, a recipe does miraculously appear here, DO NOT FOLLOW IT. My track record is not good and you would most probably regret it…
4. Creative Projects: I am not creative or arty or crafty either. Having said that I have posted twice about Matilda’s junk sculpture projects which I do not count as truly creative because I just took photos as she and my husband put them together. I’ve never come up with anything creative myself and the only time I got involved in her projects, I came off second best after an altercation with a hot glue gun…so a big no to creative projects.
5. Sex: Conversations on that topic will never happen here. Blame it on my natural modesty, on my high school experience in a single-sex Catholic school or because I am a major prude. But there’s no way I would ever talk about sex here. Not to mention the fact that my husband and other family members read this and that would make my life uncomfortable in the extreme. If you are after the saucy and the salacious, I’ll wave you goodbye right now.
So there are my taboo topics. Do you have particular topics that you will never blog about? Or do you need to get something else off your chest this week? Either way, you’re in the right place, so link up your confession and feel instantly lighter and brighter – that’s a promise!
– I Must Confess is a link up that will be happening every Monday and will remain live for the whole week.
– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.
– Feel free to go with the prompt for the week or add your own confession, whatever suits.
– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!
Next week’s confession prompt – what was your first job?
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.