Wordless Wednesday – Disney Live!

We took the girls to Disney Live! yesterday here in Newcastle, while Gilbert enjoyed a one-on-one play date with one of his cousins.

First off Dad and the girls took some selfies to keep themselves occupied.

2013-01-15 13.56.26

Then the lights dimmed.

2013-01-15 14.09.37 HDR

And it was time to enjoy the show.

2013-01-15 15.00.31 HDR

2013-01-15 14.08.44 HDR

2013-01-15 15.19.33 HDR

Apologies for the quality of the photos – you should all know by now that photography is not one of my strengths!

It was a good show for the kids, even if Matilda kept on asking us to buy things for her (as we’d then have to buy 3 of whatever she wanted for the others the answer was a resounding no) and Delilah thought the handrail next to us was like a mini indoor playground…

Sharing today as part of Wordless Wednesday with Trish and with Bree.

MLDB-Blog-Button-1

Twinkle in the EyeHappy Hump Day!

1. it’s hard to take photos of shows like that! too dark and they’re constantly moving! Hope you all had a wonderful time (who needs Disney on Ice when you have a hand rail to play with, really?). x Aroha
    Aroha @ Colours of Sunset recently posted..Wordless Wednesday

I only had my iPhone with me so I didn’t have much chance of taking too many fantastic photos I guess. I do need to take the time to invest in some good after-shot apps to enhance these sorts of photos – just another thing to add to my blog to-do list!

2. Shari says:

Oh I bet that they were busting with excitement!!!! I so hear you about the need to run, head down, through the merchandising area!
    x

The girls loved it and for the most part they enjoyed dancing to the songs and watching the show. But I wish the merchandise wasn’t pushed so hard or priced so high – it would certainly have made it a better day for us if we didn’t have to contend with that distraction!

3. Emily says:

Ours went last year – always a great day out! And yes ours always ask for merchandise, but like you with 3 kids it’s just so viable financially ๐Ÿ™‚
    Emily recently posted..Sometimes itโ€™s the things behind us that really matter

OMG, the merchandise sends me insane every year. We made the mistake of giving in one year so every year since we are bombarded with requests – I’m not about to spend 3 x $15 on coloured ice in flimsy cups that won’t last 2 seconds!

4. Rita says:

Glad you had a good evening Kirsty!
    Rita recently posted..Wordless Wednesday โ€“ The jar of good things

5. Trish says:

Glad you had a great time.
    Trish recently posted..Back to school with Stuck on You {giveaway}

6. We took Bella a couple of years ago, and I think I may have loved it even more than she did! As for the merchandise, we bought enough at The Wiggles’ concerts, you have to stop somewhere ๐Ÿ™‚

7. Danya Banya says:

Oh how fun! One of the benefits of having kids is that you get to go to these things. Can’t wait til my kids are old enough…
    Danya Banya recently posted..Backyard play

I guess I miss out on stuff like that as I only have boys and they’re not interested. Glad you had fun though.
    Ness recently posted..Hot Topic

It was a good time out with the girls, but I really wish that Gilbert could have come as well. Maybe he is starting to grow out of the Disney phase – I have to keep reminding myself that he will be 9 in two months time!