I Must Confess…Things You May Not Know About Me

It’s the start of yet another week – the last full week of school holidays – which means only one thing.

It’s time for some more confessions.

Last week 7 wonderful souls made their confessions, a linkup record, in fact. Thanks so much to Gary, Nathan, Rhianna, Lisa, Aroha, Emily and Janet for taking the time to take part!

I wonder who will play this week?

The prompt for this week was originally 10 things we may not know about you. In the days since then, Deb from Home Life Simplified announced she was setting up a new Listmania linkup every Monday, with the first week concentrating on things about you.

list-mania-2-button

I won’t be able to play along most weeks but as her prompt and my prompt fit together so well this week, I’ve decided to answer her questions here and I invite you to do the same.

As you know, I’ve got a reputation as a linkup/blog hop whore, so it makes sense to me to partake in both – you know, kill two birds with one stone, the more, the merrier, etc (insert any other overused phrase of your choice here).

So here are some things you may not know about me…

Currently I am:

Reading: “Darcy’s Story” by Janet Aylmer, a companion novel to “Pride & Prejudice” by Jane Austen. I’m reading them together and reliving all the best bits. I bought this book when we were in Bath, on our honeymoon – such a good book which brings back so many special memories.

Listening to: My favourites playlist on my iPhone which features Jamiroquai, Lenny Kravitz, Maroon 5, The Brand New Heavies, Thicke, Michael Jackson, Daley, Robbie Williams, Ben Folds Five, Seal, Kylie Minogue, Madonna and a host of others. Perfect music for my morning walks and my daily commute to work!

Laughing at: Happy Endings. This show got buried somewhere on free-to-air TV but we’ve been able to stream it from overseas and it’s just THE funniest show. I get all the jokes, I love the bizarre story tangents and it never ceases to amuse me. Well worth a viewing.

Swooning over: Tennis. I love watching it and playing it. I know my husband is sick of me watching it every day and night but this is the only time of the year I really get to watch it on free-to-air. I love soaking up every minute!

2012-12-29 14.50.08

Planning: Our house build. I will share more on this with you tomorrow, but we took a very quick trip down to the south coast on the weekend to look at a specific display home that we are now planning to build. I hope all our planning efforts will end up with a positive result soon…fingers crossed.

Eating lots of: My husband’s amazing cooking. I’m very honest here about my ineptitude and general disinterest as a cook but luckily for me, my husband makes up for it in spades. He has been spoiling me with frittatas, meringue delights and delicious dishes such as smoked paprika chicken and home made meatballs. Healthy and very moreish…

Feeling: Generally positive about life. We have a new direction for our house build, Gilbert and Matilda will be returning to school soon and I’m hoping they will both have a smooth return, Delilah had a fantastic first day at daycare last week, Nathan and I have made some real changes to our diet and I’m pretty happy about the blog and where it’s headed. I can’t ask for much more.

Discovering: The Lizzie Bennet Diaries. I’ve known about them for a while but I’m still discovering all the intricacies of this new adaptation of Pride & Prejudice. Each character has a twitter account you can follow, there are off-shoot video diaries and many blogs and pages devoted to the unravelling story. If you are a Pride & Prejudice fan, do yourself a favour and immerse yourself in this very modern and very clever retelling!

Looking at: Becoming more organised around the home. I need to set up routines for the whole family so we can share the load, understand our responsibilities and help our kids become more independent and responsible themselves. Oh, and to save my sanity – no biggie there…

Wearing: I’m in my casual wear lately as I’m on holidays but I did wear this to my husband’s work christmas party recently – ahoy sailor!

2012-12-21 20.30.16

Cooking: I struggled to answer this one until I remembered that I did make quite a good loaf of gluten-free banana bread a couple of weeks back. AND I remembered to take photographic proof of it – double win!

2013-01-04 20.23.36

Wondering: How I can get my son to eat better? He refuses to eat anything that is remotely healthy. It is a state of mind and we are doing what we can to change it and to limit his “bad” choices at home but it’s a tough battle and I can’t see the end of it anytime soon.

Trying out: My new blogging schedule in a bid to become a more organised blogger. I haven’t perfected it yet but I’m hoping to get it in some order before I return to work.

So there you go – some things you may not already know about me.

This week I’m joining in with Deb from Home Life Simplified for week 1 of Listmania and also linking up with Alicia from One Mother Hen for Open Slather Monday just because I can!

mondayopenslather

So are you going to go with the prompt for this week or are you planning on making your own confession?

Believe me, you will feel instantly better for just getting it off your chest – I promise!

The Rules…

– I Must Confess is a link up that will be happening every Monday and will remain live for the whole week.

– You can link up something old or new, we’re not fussy around here.

– Please go forth and share the comment love – it is bloggy crack after all!

Next week’s confession prompt – link up your first ever blog post!

1. Jade says:

I love that Christmas Party outfit!

I also happen to love these types of posts on blogs because it’s almost like a refresher on the writer – you get to learn so much in one sitting 🙂
    Jade recently posted..Six years of whatever this is

I love these sorts of posts too – I really enjoy finding out more about the people behind the blogs. Thanks for stopping by Jade.

2. Nee Say says:

You make a very cute sailor! And can I please borrow your husband? Mine could do with some training 😉
    Nee Say recently posted..{Listmania} It’s all about me

Thanks for that Nee – it was fun to do something different and it was awesome to have a night out of the house without kids…

As for lending him to you, apparently he is pimping himself out so you never know your luck!

3. Loving the sailor outfit – cute! These type of prompts are great. I love reading and getting to know more about my fav bloggers 🙂
    Tina ~ Tina Gray {dot} Me recently posted..Currently I am…

I love these prompts too – they are a lot of fun and you do get to know the person behind the blog. I just need to find another occasion to bring out the sailor outfit…it was a lot of fun to wear out in public!

4. Nathan says:

Everyone note that bit about her amazing husband’s cooking? Let’s just sum me up as all round amazing! 🙂
    I am available for weddings and bar mitzvah’s. Payment in toys.
    Nathan recently posted..Confession Time: The Secret Life of Tweets

5. Rhianna says:

Lovely list, so nice to get to know everyone a little better. Thanks for being an awesome hostess and you know you better watch out sharing all that awesomeness about your hubstar. You know cooking genius, sympathetic and understand to blogger needs (being one and all) he almost sounds too good to be true!
    Fairy wishes and butterfly kisses lovely
    Rhianna recently posted..I must confess that lists scare me

6. Stacey-Lee says:

I too have disinterest in cooking and disorganization in terms of blogging, is the schedule working for you thus far?
    Stacey-Lee recently posted..Listmania – Currently

I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s not into cooking Stacey-Lee! As for the schedule, I’m keeping to the blogging side of things but I am struggling limiting the social media side of things. I will get there – I don’t think being on holidays is helping, hoping I’ll have more luck once I’m back in my normal routine…fingers crossed!

7. Emily says:

Oooo I can’t wait to hear more about the house build, such an exciting thing to do! The sailor photo is very spunky! And you are super lucky to have a hubby that cooks, to say mine lacks in that department is an understatement! Happy Monday 🙂

Tomorrow’s post will be an update on the house build so you’ll all be caught up then 🙂 It does appear I am lucky in the husband department although he is pretty damn lucky to have me too! Thanks for linking up again Emily.

8. Im playing! Very excited thative got mine all written and (almost) ready to go 🙂
    Building a house sounds so exciting! Boatman and I are hoping that we will be able to buy this year. 🙂
    EssentiallyJess recently posted..An Open Letter to Spammers

I’m very excited to have you play along Jess! I’ll be posting an update on the house for IBOT tomorrow – it is exciting but it is way more stressful and painful than I ever imagined it could be. Good luck in your house search – I still love scanning the papers and seeing what is available, I hope you find something that you both love when the time comes!

9. Lisa says:

Very cute sailor outfit! These lists are fantastic to get to know everyone a little better. You are lucky hubby cooks: mine used to cook one of his 5 dishes quite regularly, now for some reason it’s just me in the kitchen!You really are a Jane Austen fan-I didn’t know there was a sequel to Pride & Prejudice.
    Lisa recently posted..I Must Confess on Mondays…

I’m a bit of a Jane Austen fanatic – I love all the films and TV adaptations and this web series is just so clever and engaging. I hope your husband returns to the kitchen soon – I know if mine ever left it we would be subsisting on a lot of oven heated meals… 😉 Thanks again for linking up for I Must Confess!

10. Claire T says:

Wow! Love this post. I know what you mean about resisting healthy food. The tantrums when chippies are not forthcoming at breakfast time are unbelievable! I adore your outfit for the Christmas party. Very stylish indeed!
    Claire T recently posted..Listmania: Getting to Know Me

Thanks Claire! I’m not normally so stylish so I thought I should dazzle you all with my one bit of style for the last month or so…

Thanks so much for linking up too – it’s great to find new blogs, particularly those documenting a different life experience. I’m looking forward to reading more!

11. Nat says:

I may have to invest in the Lizzie Bennet Diaries – I had no idea they existed.
    Nat recently posted..Currently I Am – Listmania 1

12. Jo says:

I love the tennis too! It’s the only sport I even remotely care about. My husband is not impressed though so I don’t get to watch it much.
    Jo recently posted..Listmania – Part One

I understand Jo – while I would love to watch the tennis day and night, I do try to pick my times so it’s not all about me. Thanks so much for linking up!

13. Alicia says:

Exciting building a brand new house, but so so many decisions! We love funny round here, I will have to take a look at Happy Endings. Great to know more about you 🙂
    Alicia recently posted..Tricycle made for two

I’m hoping the excitement will build soon – so far it’s been a bit too stressful for my liking! Definitely check out Happy Endings – it won’t be to everyone’s taste but if you happen to like How I Met Your Mother you will probably really enjoy it.

14. Janet says:

I just didn’t know what to confess this week 😉 but will put my thinking cap on so I can join again next week!
    Janet recently posted..Two Thumbs Up Award – Mambo Cafe, Cleveland

I’ve made it easy for next week Janet – if you still have nothing to confess, feel free to link up your first ever blog post. I’m keen to see how everyone started out – the first blog post is always an interesting one! Hope to see you then.

15. Can’t wait to hear about your house build tomorrow. and you know i also have a hubby who cooks (but he is working in sydney so i am back to feeling the pressure of being on duty more often) xx
    Deb @ Home life simplified recently posted..Listmania one: Currently I am

Thanks Deb and thanks for hosting Listmania. I may not link up every Monday but I’ll try to link up later in the week where I can.

I hope your husband gets back soon so he can take back the reins of the cooking from you. I know I’m not looking forward to my husband returning to work next week – that means I will have to step up again…!

16. mandyb says:

thanks for visiting my blog!!
    i love your list….cool playlist and i love the look of that banana bread!!!! mmmmmm

17. Tegan says:

I hate cooking with a passion. I do everything to avoid it. Unfortunately this damn kid demands that he be fed every day. So rude!
    Tegan recently posted..Listmania: Currently I am

Oh Tegan, I feel your pain. I wish I liked cooking, I really do, but I just can’t – it doesn’t help that I don’t have a single culinary bone in my body either!

18. Lyndal says:

i love how you are feeling – it sounds like a wonderful place to be x
    Lyndal recently posted..the list files – snapshot of life

Thanks Lyndal, I certainly feel a lot more positive and hopeful now than I did this time last year. Feeling this way is certainly a wonderful place to be!

19. Lee says:

Wow, new home plans sounds very exciting, what a big change for you and your family. Absolutely fabulous out fit too, I must say!
    Lee recently posted..{Listmania} Week 1 ~ Getting to know you, getting to know all about you…

Thanks Lee. There is an element of excitement with the build but we’ve had a few hiccups so we haven’t been able to really get too excited just yet. But I’m hoping that’s about to change…fingers crossed!

20. Shell says:

What a great idea for your confessions linky…I’m tempted to join in too, but also need to become a more organised blogger! Love to hear more about how you go about that.
    Shell recently posted..Listmania – getting to know me…

I would love you to join in. BTW next week’s prompt is easy – you just have to link up your first ever blog post. I would love to see you join in, if you can.

I’m not going too well in the organised stakes just at the moment as I’m on holidays and completely out of whack and out of routine. Hoping I’ll bed things down in a few weeks – I’ll make sure share my tips with you!

21. Me says:

There are a few things that could be written about me – like not that interested in cooking, not that organised as a blogger and also loving the tennis (mens – not so much womens !!!)
    Linking in a little late with Listmania !!
    Have the best week !
    Me
    Me recently posted..Listmania Week 1

Seems we have a few things in common! And the beauty of week-long linkups is that you technically can never be late… 😉