A Very Bloggy New Year
Welcome to 2013 everyone! I really hope the New Year is going to be an awesome one for you all.
And while we are in a celebratory mood lets say a big happy 2nd blogoversary to me too – hip hip hooray!
Today marks two years since I wrote my first blog post over at my first blog Krusty Kernels. I wrote 7 posts before drifting away for a few months and later starting up here.
Okay, so technically this blog won’t be 2 until March but as all my posts appear here, I’m going to make the call and pop the champagne for today!
Last year I was not in a celebratory mood for my first blogoversary. There was no celebrations, no self-congratulation. I just let it pass by as I attempted to drag myself out of a start of year funk.
This year feels more positive already. There is no lingering sense of heaviness or depression. I feel ready to get going again. I want to see just how good we can make 2013 for our family.
I will share my personal New Year resolutions in my first I Must Confess post for the year next Monday – I would love to see others link up their new year resolutions too (wink, nudge, hint…!)
But today, I wanted to share some of the goals I’m hoping to achieve during 2013. Because I’m proud to say that I actually have some goals for the blog, for the first time ever!
Goals for Blogging
1. Work towards steady growth on the blog. I’m not aiming for huge growth but I’ve been pleased to see a steady and organic growth in numbers during 2012 and I would like to see that continue in 2013. I will never be a huge blogger but I would like to be a small one that can make a difference and can get some traffic for the posts that matter.
2. Develop a real community. This is a goal I’ve had for a while – it’s one of the reasons that I created the I Must Confess linkup. I wanted to encourage a sense of understanding and confidence and positivity on the blog. I hope building up support in this way will lead to a more engaged, supportive and vocal group of ‘Truthers’ around here.
3. Be a better commenter. I admit I’m not the most prolific commenter out there. I do have time constraints as I work four days a week and, like all of us, have commitments to the family as well. But I could use my free time far better than I do now and I would like to be able to comment on 5-10 blogs a day, everyday, not just on the days I linkup with bloghops/linkups.
4. Become a more organised blogger. I would like to be in a position to schedule posts more often, to be able to set aside time to devote more to Twitter and Facebook and to be able to deliver set posts on topics on set days. I want to be more organised so I can have regular time to write the big posts, the ones that take time to research and craft and refine – the posts that really matter.
5. Remember this is a hobby and just have fun. I have been considering whether to actively chase advertising and PR opportunities for the blog. I have enjoyed the giveaways I have run but it can be a lot of work and, I’ll be honest, quite stressful too. This is my hobby so I want to enjoy it and not worry about it becoming work. So while I’ll continue to accept opportunities that suit me I will not be actively chasing them.
What are your blogging goals for 2013? Do you have any, or are you just winging it?
Belatedly linking up with Jess for IBOT – Happy New Year everyone!
Do you want to become a more positive special needs parent?
Sign up to grab your free guide now! Full of practical advice from a fellow special needs parent.