Wordless Wednesday – The Train Station

Last week, the kids and I dropped my mum at the train station so she could return home after a flying visit to allow my husband and I to attend his work Christmas party.

2012-12-21 13.54.02

2012-12-21 13.54.18

She ended up returning home with a little extra baggage, in the form of Gilbert, who was keen to have a mini-holiday with his grandparents before Christmas.

After they departed I had to console both girls as Matilda, in particular, was upset that he was going away. She is definitely a homebody and prefers it when everyone is at home with her.

I think her upset was a result of her worrying about him and about the change his absence meant for her, rather than truly missing him. But it was a cute moment, regardless of the true cause.

So I left the station with two girls – which brought home to me how I much I would miss my little man too!

2012-12-21 14.15.50

Even though I’m supposed to be on a blogging break I couldn’t resist linking up with Trish for Wordless Wednesday today!

1. Trish says:

Aww , bittersweet to see them happy to go on a mini holiday but missing them . Matilda too.

It was bittersweet Trish. Gilbert loves being spoiled by his grandparents and we all need a break from each other from time to time. But it was funny to see Matilda’s reaction – she ended up missing him the entire time he was away which was only 2 days! I must say it’s nice to have him back again, it’s very strange to have someone missing from the family unit…

2. Ai Sakura says:

aww hope he enjoys the mini-trip and have a fantastic New Year to you and your family!
    Ai Sakura recently posted..Wordless Wednesday {linky party}: Danboard Thank You | Week 52

Thanks so much Ai! He had a great time (as did my parents) but he was pleased to come back home. I hope you and your family have had a lovely Christmas and that the New Year is a great one for all of you!

3. Alison says:

My kids have never slept away from home – don’t know how I’d cope!
    Alison recently posted..Wordless Wednesday: Boxing Day

Gilbert has only ever had sleepovers with his grandparents and they are usually for a set time. This time he was away for 2 nights which seems to work best for all of us. Matilda doesn’t like sleepovers so she stays at home and Delilah is a little young for them yet. I must say I missed the boy the whole time he was away, it’s not something we can all bear to do all that often!

4. ann says:

I love kids and train stations!! Cheap entertainment!! I miss my kids too if they have a sleep over lucky they don’t all that often!!
    The Elf on a shelf was so much fun and next year I plan on doing more with him. This year it was hard to find spots away from little hands!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!
    ann recently posted..Wordless Wednesday- So that was Christmas 2012

You know, I love train stations and airports for people spotting – I love being able to just sit down and watch the whirl of life and people go by. I never tire of it and having the kids there too makes it even more interesting! Thanks for coming by my way too!

5. Awww, you are brave but what a special time for your mum and Gilbert. Happy New Year ūüôā
    Kaz @ Melting Moments recently posted..Wordless Wednesday – My Niece’s Christmas Cake

Thanks Kaz. He ended up having a great mini-break with his grandparents and although we did miss him it was nice to have the chance to focus more on the girls. Wishing you the very best for 2013 too!